RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 10:00 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterjh View Post
Also the tone freqs. I used were the codes we have in our radios for toning out and getting alerts (the tone codes) are those the same as the freq. this program is looking for?
does this sound like your tone: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zp73nshc1gw57w/544-1232.mp3
Sponsored links

Old 10-24-2013, 6:24 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Yep it does. I used 584.8, 1232.0 (whats in our radios). we do have a tone for rescue that normally is right after ours depending on the call which Im not sure of that tone.

Last edited by firefighterjh; 10-24-2013 at 6:34 AM..
Old 10-24-2013, 9:08 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Yep it does. I used 584.8, 1232.0 (whats in our radios). we do have a tone for rescue that normally is right after ours depending on the call which Im not sure of that tone.
Then you have the tones entered into the TTD program properly. To analyze the rescue tone see:

tone frequency determination - YouTube
Old 10-25-2013, 7:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Hi, Another question for you guys on getting this running. I have downloaded and installed the program to try at my volunteer fire dept. It looks like it receiving the audio but not sending out emails? I
might have somethings set up wrong?

I used our tone codes are they the same as the Hz the program asks for? I have been running the debug as well and this is what it shows.

Thank you for any info you can give me to help me get this running.
Are you sure you have the correct audio input selected in TTD?

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Old 10-26-2013, 7:18 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thanks for all the input, I have now got it to receive the tone but is now telling me emails not sent and showing smtpconnecterror: 421? I am just using a gmail account and from what I can tell its set up correctly?
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2013, 7:19 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I ended up using adacity and analyzing the tone, just had to lower the Hz a couple from the tone codes I had
Old 10-26-2013, 8:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Thanks for all the input, I have now got it to receive the tone but is now telling me emails not sent and showing smtpconnecterror: 421? I am just using a gmail account and from what I can tell its set up correctly?
Can you copy and paste the full error message that you're getting?

Andy

Old 10-26-2013, 8:58 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Done recording CFD 21:49:02 on 10/26/13
done writing WAV CFD 21:49:02 on 10/26/13
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 451, in mail
File "C:\Users\Deer Creek Fire Dept\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoTon
eDetect63_debug\outPYZ1.pyz/smtplib", line 767, in __init__
error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote ho
st
Email not sent on attempt 1trying again in five seconds for CFD Page Received at
21:48:29 on 10/26/13
ffmpeg version N-32726-ga254452, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
built on Sep 19 2011 19:49:13 with gcc 4.6.1
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-runtime-cpudetect --ena
ble-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-
libopencore-amrwb --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --ena
ble-libopenjpeg --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --en
able-libtheora --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis
--enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib

libavutil 51. 16. 1 / 51. 16. 1
libavcodec 53. 16. 0 / 53. 16. 0
libavformat 53. 12. 0 / 53. 12. 0
libavdevice 53. 4. 0 / 53. 4. 0
libavfilter 2. 43. 2 / 2. 43. 2
libswscale 2. 1. 0 / 2. 1. 0
libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
[wav @ 020395C0] parser not found for codec pcm_s16le, packets or times may be i
nvalid.
[wav @ 020395C0] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5015510
Input #0, wav, from './audio/CFD_2013-10-2621_49_02_656000.wav':
Duration: 00:00:30.65, bitrate: 176 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 11025 Hz, 1 channels,
s16, 176 kb/s
[mp3 @ 02138960] Unsupported sample rate.
Output #0, mp3, to './audio/CFD_2013-10-2621_49_02_656000.mp3':
Metadata:
TSSE : Lavf53.12.0
Stream #0.0: Audio: mp3, 11025 Hz, 1 channels, s16, 32 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0.0 -> #0.0 (pcm_s16le -> libmp3lame)
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
size= 120kB time=00:00:30.77 bitrate= 32.0kbits/s
video:0kB audio:120kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.026810%
done converting to MP3 CFD 21:49:15 on 10/26/13
error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote ho
st
Email not sent on attempt 2trying again in five seconds for CFD Page Received at
st
Email not sent on attempt 1trying again in five seconds for CFD page received at
21:49:15 on 10/26/13
st
Email not sent on attempt 3trying again in five seconds for CFD Page Received at
st
Email not sent on attempt 2trying again in five seconds for CFD page received at
21:49:15 on 10/26/13
max retries exceeded, failed to send email
Old 10-26-2013, 8:59 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I have tried 2 different email accounts to send and different ports but seem to be getting the same messages
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2013, 9:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
I have tried 2 different email accounts to send and different ports but seem to be getting the same messages
What email service are you using? If gmail, port should be 587. Make sure your username and password are entered correctly. You might also want to set up an application specific password.

Andy

Old 10-26-2013, 9:13 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

It was gmail, and I tried both ports plus the application password. I also tried my yahoo account for the heck of it. Is that what it looks like its not accessing my email to send out? everything else look ok? I do have it set up at work testing and is it possible its our firewall? I can try my home connection monday.
Old 10-26-2013, 9:18 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
It was gmail, and I tried both ports plus the application password. I also tried my yahoo account for the heck of it. Is that what it looks like its not accessing my email to send out? everything else look ok? I do have it set up at work testing and is it possible its our firewall? I can try my home connection monday.
It's possible, although I'd be a little surprised if their firewall is that strict. I'd definitely try it home.

Andy

Old 10-27-2013, 4:06 PM

I am having the same issue. I've installed the software at home to getting it working prior to setting it up at our Fire Hall. I have a Motorola service monitor, so can generate tones at will. The software is detecting the tones properly, and saving readable MP3 files (despite a codec error in the debug program). However, it won't send the e-mails, and generates a similar error. I'm using a newly-created gmail account, with port 587. I can post my error messages, but they are similar to firefighterjh's.

I find it curious that both our error logs contain multiple references to the Deer Creek Fire Department.

eDetect63_debug\outPYZ1.pyz/smtplib"

Warren
Old 10-27-2013, 4:22 PM

Bingo! The software encrypts the password, so you cannot enter it directly into the config file. Problem solved. If you were doing the same thing, firefighterjh, you must enter the password into the config utility from the program's menu.
Old 10-27-2013, 8:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Email not sent

Thanks guys was having the same email problem for the last couple of weeks, just used the config utility and will see if she works now.

Is there a way to test without waiting for it to pickup a tone?
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2013, 11:17 AM

I recently installed two tone direct at our station and it is working fine. Great tool to supplement our paging system. We are at the edge of our county and if we leave the county a few miles our pagers do not work the best at times. I am ready to setup all of the fireman on this but have one question. Most of my guys use Illinois Valley Cellular as their phone service (including myself) and I receive the page but there is no attachment in the text. I receive the email with the attachment but it comes later. I have other guys with different services that work fine. I didn't know if this is something similar to the Sprint problems I saw in the discussion board. I am going to contact the service provider this afternoon to see if they can help as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Also could you add us to the map of users?

Strawn Fire Dept
Strawn, IL
Old 10-29-2013, 12:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawn1211 View Post
I recently installed two tone direct at our station and it is working fine. Great tool to supplement our paging system. We are at the edge of our county and if we leave the county a few miles our pagers do not work the best at times. I am ready to setup all of the fireman on this but have one question. Most of my guys use Illinois Valley Cellular as their phone service (including myself) and I receive the page but there is no attachment in the text. I receive the email with the attachment but it comes later. I have other guys with different services that work fine. I didn't know if this is something similar to the Sprint problems I saw in the discussion board. I am going to contact the service provider this afternoon to see if they can help as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Also could you add us to the map of users?

Strawn Fire Dept
Strawn, IL
You'll have to contact Illinois Valley Cellular and find out if they have an MMS email gateway. If you're getting the text message with no attachment, that means they have an SMS gateway for sure. If they have an MMS gateway it may use a different email address to send to. Some smaller carriers don't have MMS gateways though.

Andy

Old 10-29-2013, 1:15 PM

I just spoke with Illinois Valley Cellular and their MMS gateway is phonenumber@ivcdata.com. Thought I would pass that on if someone else ever has the problem. They do not have it listed anywhere.
Old 10-29-2013, 6:05 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by burhead1 View Post
Thanks guys was having the same email problem for the last couple of weeks, just used the config utility and will see if she works now.

Is there a way to test without waiting for it to pickup a tone?
Download a free program called Audacity. From the menu bar Generate a tone set. Export it as a .mp3 file to a file on your computer. Move this to your mp3 player (iPod, iPhone, droid or whatever). Pull the audio plug out of your scanner and plug it into the earphone jack. Play the mp3 to feed the tone into TTD. Or you can just play the mp3 into an open mic. That will also open everyone's pager ;-).
Old 10-29-2013, 6:33 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I just moved my TTD v60 to a new computer, using alll the tone and config files that have been working fine. The program loads and seems to be waiting for tones, and it appears to respond to audio, but no detects. Then I noticed at startup i get an error. A screen shot is attached.... Suggestions appreciate.
Attached Images

Tags
twotonedetect