RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 6:10 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
Yes I had some issues with gmail also a week or two ago.

Andy
If I remember correctly it was reported that Gmail had a widespread outage at one point last week.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffryan76 View Post
Andy,
Does v65c allow the body text feature if you are using remote config?
Yes it should. I haven't tested that specifically though. I also haven't added it to my web editor yet, it's on the to do list.

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Old 02-12-2014, 5:41 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Re: New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
Yes it should. I haven't tested that specifically though. I also haven't added it to my web editor yet, it's on the to do list.

Andy
Thanks Andy. I just upgraded and will let you know how it works. I am having a little trouble getting it running but I always forget something when I update.
Old 02-13-2014, 8:01 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Tones Editor help

Could someone give me a simple rundown of how they have utilized a remote file hosting service (dropbox, googledrive, etc.) along with the TonesEditor.exe program to manage the tone sets and email addresses? It all seems so simple but I am baffled by it. I know how to set up TTD to read and retrieve the remotely stored tones.cfg file. What I am trying to figure out is how one edits that remote file with the TonesEditor. I have tried installing Google Drive on the laptop with both TonesEditor.exe and tones.cfg in it but the TonesEditor program wont run. I can only run it from a Windows folder on the laptop. Yes, from there I can do a Save As to save it to the google drive folder but these are lots of extra steps when the program always seems to want to default to the tones.cfg file in the same folder that the .exe resides.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim
Old 02-13-2014, 8:07 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Hey Andy,

Any chance on a future release you can add a separated list for people who'd like to receive all email alerts on that particular server or instance of TTD?
Sponsored links
Old 02-13-2014, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
Could someone give me a simple rundown of how they have utilized a remote file hosting service (dropbox, googledrive, etc.) along with the TonesEditor.exe program to manage the tone sets and email addresses? It all seems so simple but I am baffled by it. I know how to set up TTD to read and retrieve the remotely stored tones.cfg file. What I am trying to figure out is how one edits that remote file with the TonesEditor. I have tried installing Google Drive on the laptop with both TonesEditor.exe and tones.cfg in it but the TonesEditor program wont run. I can only run it from a Windows folder on the laptop. Yes, from there I can do a Save As to save it to the google drive folder but these are lots of extra steps when the program always seems to want to default to the tones.cfg file in the same folder that the .exe resides.

Thanks

Jim

Jim,

I could be wrong, but I think what you need to do is take your remote_example.cfg, and then modify it to suit your needs that matches your setup. Then, you would rename tones.cfg, to tones.old, and then rename remote_example.cfg to tones.cfg, and then restart the software.
The [Remote] brackets comes into play in Andy's software, I believe, and tells the software to look for a "Remote" location which is specified within the config file.

If I am wrong, please anyone jump in and let me/Jim know.

Best,
Mike
FireTTD
Old 02-13-2014, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomeso View Post
Hey Andy,

Any chance on a future release you can add a separated list for people who'd like to receive all email alerts on that particular server or instance of TTD?
Moto,

That's a feature that I will be releasing in my TTD Add On. Watch for the updates in the other thread.

Best,
Mike
FireTTD
Old 02-14-2014, 9:26 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post

Thanks

Jim
Jim,

If you're running the TonesEditor from a different location than the file location, then yes there will be extra steps to browse to the file on Google Drive to open it and save it back there.

If you want to run the TonesEditor program from the same Google Drive directory that the tones.cfg file resides in, you'll also need to have a config.cfg file in that directory. The newer versions of the TonesEditor that are capable of sending the "admin email" need the email info from the config.cfg file. That may be why it won't run. The config.cfg file doesn't need to be shared or anything, the TonesEditor just needs to be able to grab the email info. If that doesn't solve the problem, run the _debug version of the TonesEditor from the command line to try to figure out why it won't run. You can get to Google Drive from the command line by something like this (may not be exactly right, doing it from memory):

c:\users\username\Google Drive

Andy

Old 02-14-2014, 9:27 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireTTD View Post
Jim,

I could be wrong, but I think what you need to do is take your remote_example.cfg, and then modify it to suit your needs that matches your setup. Then, you would rename tones.cfg, to tones.old, and then rename remote_example.cfg to tones.cfg, and then restart the software.
The [Remote] brackets comes into play in Andy's software, I believe, and tells the software to look for a "Remote" location which is specified within the config file.

If I am wrong, please anyone jump in and let me/Jim know.

Best,
Mike
FireTTD
You'd actually rename remote_example.cfg to remote.cfg. I think Jim has this part working, he's asking about how to edit the remote tones.cfg file using the TonesEditor.

Andy

Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2014, 10:03 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

you are correct, Andy.

I have set up another department with a pi and am trying to figure out how best to have them maintain their tones.cfg without having to ssh or VNC into the pi.
Old 02-14-2014, 1:36 PM

Great product!! One question - Is there a way to make the software send out the amr file to my cell phones before it sends the mp3's to email? (Simply to get the amr's quicker)
Also have you considered integrating with any kind of voice recognition software to send the voice recording as a text message? (no attachments needed)
I mention this because occasionally the amr recording gets removed by AT&T or Verizon.
Old 02-14-2014, 9:21 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by james41 View Post
Great product!! One question - Is there a way to make the software send out the amr file to my cell phones before it sends the mp3's to email? (Simply to get the amr's quicker)
No, the program sends the mp3, then the AMR. The delay between the two should not be long, no more than 10-20 seconds. I usually get them at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james41 View Post
Also have you considered integrating with any kind of voice recognition software to send the voice recording as a text message? (no attachments needed)
I mention this because occasionally the amr recording gets removed by AT&T or Verizon.
Toyed with it briefly using Google's API. Results were terrible, so I didn't pursue it further.

Andy

Old 02-15-2014, 8:37 AM

Any Ideas on how to send to a straight talk phone? I have this set up and working great on 26 At&t & Verizon phones but can't get anywhere with straight talk. I'm in an area that serves straight talk phones with Verizon towers so tech support said to send to phone#@vzwpix.com but this doesn't work. Today tech support said to send to the phone's serial #@straighttalk.com that too failed.. Any ideas??

I've tried: #@vzwpix.com, #@vtext.com, s/n@straighttalk.com & #@mms.att.net
Old 02-15-2014, 10:54 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

james41- I am not absolutely positive, but it may be that the "data plan" your user has does not include receiving media files (such as .mp3 at vzwpix.com). Can you send a sample email to the phone from a computer email (not via two tone)? It may be the subscriber has a text only bare bones plan.

Just a thought...
Old 02-15-2014, 4:16 PM

[QUOTE=dgoodson;2132871]james41- I am not absolutely positive, but it may be that the "data plan" your user has does not include receiving media files (such as .mp3 at vzwpix.com). Can you send a sample email to the phone from a computer email (not via two tone)? It may be the subscriber has a text only bare bones plan.

dgoodson, I can send a .amr from phone to straight talk phone when attached to a text (sending to 10 digit phone number only), but I can't send an email with an attached .amr from computer to straight talk phone. I'm almost positive it has something to do with the email address for straight talk in this area, I know its nothing to do with TTD. I'm thinking that since I can send a MMS from phone to phone the data plan is ok.
Sponsored links
Old 02-15-2014, 8:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

[QUOTE=james41;2133109]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoodson View Post
james41- I am not absolutely positive, but it may be that the "data plan" your user has does not include receiving media files (such as .mp3 at vzwpix.com). Can you send a sample email to the phone from a computer email (not via two tone)? It may be the subscriber has a text only bare bones plan.

dgoodson, I can send a .amr from phone to straight talk phone when attached to a text (sending to 10 digit phone number only), but I can't send an email with an attached .amr from computer to straight talk phone. I'm almost positive it has something to do with the email address for straight talk in this area, I know its nothing to do with TTD. I'm thinking that since I can send a MMS from phone to phone the data plan is ok.
I don't know about straigt talk specifically, but some of the smaller MVNO providers don't offer an MMS email gateway. Some may not even offer an SMS gateway. I use Ting, and while they provide an SMS gateway, they do not have an MMS gateway. In that case you may be out of luck. What I do is send a "Text Only" message to my SMS address and then use my phone to check my email for the audio message. This only works for a smartphone with email access though.

Andy

Old 02-16-2014, 5:29 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

If that straightalk device is a smart phone, try the Gmail app and set up a specific gmail acct to receive your alerts. It is the quickest and most reliable way that i have found.
Old 02-16-2014, 8:07 AM

Is there a way to reduce the quality of the recording to decrease the file size? I'm thinking maybe reduce the MP3 Encoding Bitrate, I'm set at the default of 32000 now.

Are there any setting in the FFMPG program to have it reduce the size of the amr when its created?

I have AT&T for my carrier and I get about 48 out of 50 of the amr's attached to my text, the rest get removed by the carrier. (that shows in the text "attachment removed by carrier")

Thanks to you all for your response, I see I have several options. I've put the gmail app on my phone and its is a great way to go. I saw in previous post about dropbox, so I have my amr's going to a dropbox folder now also. Both of those work great and are more reliable then getting the MMS.

TTD is an amazing program !!!
Old 02-18-2014, 9:56 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default straight talk gateway

Straight Talk gateway for straight talk using Verizon towers is xxxxxxxxxxx@mypixmessages.com
For Straight Talk that uses At&t towers is xxxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net
Old 02-18-2014, 12:07 PM

That worked like a charm. You should ask straight talk for a paycheck. I made three calls to them with no luck.
Thanks

Tags
twotonedetect