RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 6:45 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Re: New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

Quote:
Originally Posted by krokus View Post
I see the audio is tagged as an eDispatch feed. Is that the audio you are feeding TTD?

Sent via Tapatalk
Negative. That is just the subject line. The upper brass wants it labeled as That instead of TTD.

Audio feed is coming from scanner and I have my A B tone numbers entered. I'll post data.

Sent from my Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2947 on Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 05-08-2014, 7:19 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Tones CFG:
[Tone2]
Atone = 788.2
Btone = 832.9
Btonelength = .7
Description = TWP_Fire_E-Dispatch
mp3_Emails = xxxxxxxxxx@vxwpix.com, x.xxxx@fire.org

Config info:
Email user ID:
Email password:
Email server: smtp.gmail.com
Email port: 587
Record time: 45
Record release time: 0
Tone tolerance: 2
Tone offset: 0
Audio input: both
Email priority: 3
MP3 Encoding: 24000
BCC Email recipients: yes
Old 05-08-2014, 8:31 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustanh View Post
My recordings now contain a lot of static. I've tried different scanners with the same results. No changes made in the past few months. Static started randomly. Scanner transmits clearly, but not the recordings.

Any Two tone settings or computer settings to correct the static?
There's no settings in TTD that would impact static like that. From listening to your recording it sounds like it's interference being generated by a nearby device. Since you say the audio is clear when the scanner is not plugged into the computer, I would suspect a ground loop issue. You may need an audio isolation transformer between the computer and radio.

Even if nothing has changed with your TTD setup, something else in the PC power system may have changed to create a ground loop. Did you add any other PC peripherals (printer, etc.) around the time the static started? Change how you are powering the scanner?

In any case, I think an isolation transformer might help.

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Old 05-08-2014, 8:34 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
There's no settings in TTD that would impact static like that. From listening to your recording it sounds like it's interference being generated by a nearby device. Since you say the audio is clear when the scanner is not plugged into the computer, I would suspect a ground loop issue. You may need an audio isolation transformer between the computer and radio.

Even if nothing has changed with your TTD setup, something else in the PC power system may have changed to create a ground loop. Did you add any other PC peripherals (printer, etc.) around the time the static started? Change how you are powering the scanner?

In any case, I think an isolation transformer might help.

Andy
Thanks... I'll try what you stated.
Old 05-13-2014, 7:51 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejd91717 View Post
I thought that I would report back that twotonedetect runs on Ubuntu 12.04 without issue. I have it installed on a web server and It has run without issue for 28 days. If anyone is interested I will do a writeup.
How are you feeding the audio to your Ubuntu server? Are you using the audio jack on the computer? Or are you playing a web stream and decoding it that way?
Sponsored links
Old 05-22-2014, 11:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

can you change audio input device? when i try to, it stays on the windows default.

win 8.1
Old 05-27-2014, 10:41 AM

Hello,

I've been using TwoTone for quite a while now and been more than happy with the results... thank you for all your hard work and dedication to accomplish this.

I'm not sure if you've considered a request like this before, but wondering if you might. Our paging comes across on one frequency, and given our location, we do not pick up other towers / paging frequencies.

Would it be feasible to consider adding a feature such that another set of tones do not trip for X number of seconds after a page is received (or using the stop recording after X seconds of static)? Obviously, this would have to be changeable for other users since there are many that are monitoring multiple channels.

The issue that I face from time to time is the dispatcher saying the right combination of sounds that trips another set of tones, sending out a partial page to a group that is not actually being paged.

I've adjusted the gap length to mitigate this, and reduced the tone tolerance a little, but still get it once in a while.

Thank you for your hard work & dedication to this program!

marine_man
Lisbon, ND
Old 05-27-2014, 10:58 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine_man View Post
Hello,

I've been using TwoTone for quite a while now and been more than happy with the results... thank you for all your hard work and dedication to accomplish this.

I'm not sure if you've considered a request like this before, but wondering if you might. Our paging comes across on one frequency, and given our location, we do not pick up other towers / paging frequencies.

Would it be feasible to consider adding a feature such that another set of tones do not trip for X number of seconds after a page is received (or using the stop recording after X seconds of static)? Obviously, this would have to be changeable for other users since there are many that are monitoring multiple channels.

The issue that I face from time to time is the dispatcher saying the right combination of sounds that trips another set of tones, sending out a partial page to a group that is not actually being paged.

I've adjusted the gap length to mitigate this, and reduced the tone tolerance a little, but still get it once in a while.

Thank you for your hard work & dedication to this program!

marine_man
Lisbon, ND
Which version of the program are you using? If the problem is false detection, you should be able to eliminate that by setting parameters correctly.

If you're using the latest version, you can reduce falsing by increasing Btonelength. I generally start at .6, but if it's still falsing you can set it to 1 or 1.5 if it's a typical 1/3 second A/B format.

Andy

Old 05-27-2014, 10:58 AM

Default "SMTPServerDisconnected"

Hey guys,

Ive been using the program for a while trouble-free, but the past two weeks it hasn't been working properly. I ran the debug version and checked the log, and the only thing I can come up with is "SMTPServerDisconnected: connection unexpectedly closed"

It would "pick and choose" which calls would be sent with email and text. Sometimes it would just be the text received and sometimes it would just be the email that is received. I am not sure why they both aren't sent within the same dispatch. The last few lines in the log say:

"SMTPServerDisconnected: connection unexpectedly closed
Email not sent on attempt 3trying again in five seconds for Montowese Co2 Page Received at 11:33:56 on 05/27/14
waiting for silence Montowese Co2 11:34:19 on 05/27/14
Done recording Montowese Co2 11:34:22 on 05/27/14
done writing WAV Montowese Co2 11:34:22 on 05/27/14
ffmpeg not found, sending as WAV file instead of mp3
max retries exceeded, failed to send email
WAV Email sent! Montowese Co2 page received at 11:34:22 on 05/27/14
11:34:28 on 05/27/14
ffmpeg not found, AMR email NOT SENT!"

I tried reinstalling the ffmpeg, unzipping it, and re-entering it back into my TTD folder, which is in the Desktop. I haven't really had issues until just a couple weeks ago. For this last particular test the email was received, but no text was sent out. I double checked my SMTP settings with no changes in performance. Any help would be appreciated as I really do not want to uninstall the entire program. I have many contacts that would be a pain to redo.

THANKS!
Sponsored links
Old 05-27-2014, 11:01 AM

Good question... sorry.

I'm using v64... I tried 65, but it seemed to be worse.

I'll monkey with my the Btonelength parameter further...

Thanks!

marine_man
Old 05-27-2014, 11:07 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Which version of the program are you using? If the problem is false detection, you should be able to eliminate that by setting parameters correctly.

If you're using the latest version, you can reduce falsing by increasing Btonelength. I generally start at .6, but if it's still falsing you can set it to 1 or 1.5 if it's a typical 1/3 second A/B format.

Andy
Can you post your tones.cfg and config.cfg files with the sensitive information removed? You should be able to correct the falsing problems you are describing easily.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:14 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Do you have the ability to change the sound device? I tried changing it but it keeps mapped to the Microsoft default

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2014, 1:34 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmobileaudio View Post
Do you have the ability to change the sound device? I tried changing it but it keeps mapped to the Microsoft default

1) Make sure TTD is in a directory that you have full read/write access to.
2) Make sure you are closing the program by clicking the "Exit" button in the middle of the program window, not by clicking the "X" in the upper right.

Andy

Old 05-27-2014, 2:38 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thank you. I'll look it over when I get home

Old 05-27-2014, 3:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
v65 supports a custom Body field that's editable in the TonesEditor program.

Andy
Do you know if there is a custom body command that will remove the duplicate subject from the body of the email? I would like the email to have the subject as is but the body just be the .AMR file.
Sponsored links
Old 05-28-2014, 2:29 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Anyone having issues with Verizon? I have tons of people that aren't getting alerts on their Verizon phones. Some iPhone Verizon phones are getting alerts. Some android phones get alert from 1 email ttd but not the other email. Some don't get a nothing.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:12 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

There are 2 ways to set it up: xxx xxx xxxx@vtext.com , and xxx xxx xxxx@zvwpix.com, these are the only 2 that I know that will work for Verizon if you are using the streight-talk phones use the @vtext.com.
Old 06-01-2014, 7:30 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Andy

I have numerous Verizon carriers on TTD not receiving alerts. Some are iPhones and some are droid phones but it's a big portion of Verizon carriers no other carrier is effected maybe the occasional sprint carrier but I don't have to many sprint people.

But its weird with these Verizon carries some get every ttd text alert others get a few ttd alerts but not all. Some don't get their dept ttd alert but get other dept alerts ( on same email address)

Then I have some that don't get alerts from one email address at all for ttd but they receive my other email address for alerts on a different ttd.

I'm operating 2 ttd on 2 different pi's and two gmail email addresses.

I have ATT and I get all the alerts just fine.
Any idea? I'm stumped

Thanks
Nick
Old 06-01-2014, 11:33 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

if you are getting the alerts on your phone and the others are not maybe there phone are not able to or the settings are not correct in there phones. Not all phones will work with the TTD System.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:16 PM

Andy,

I have been using TTD for some time now & love it for our department. I still have v.22 running at this time. I have recently downloaded the newest version you have came out with v65 & doesn't seem to be working just right.
On v.22 I have the Record Delay set at 4seconds & doing so the system does not start recording until the Audio Level goes over the set Audio Threshold usually when dispatch keys up the radio (works great when my FD & the amb who is dispatched on a different freq are toned for the same call because FD gets toned 1st & amb toned 2nd). On v65 I also have the Record Delay set for 4seconds (I have the Audio Squelch Level set well above the Audio Input Level) but when I receive the recordings on my phone or in my email there is no audio for about 2-5 seconds telling me its recording from the time the tones are detected & not when the Audio Input Level 1st breaks the Audio Squelch Level nor is it waiting 4seconds to start recording after tones are detected.
Also the program does not seem to be saving a copy of the audio file on the computer anywhere. The program has created the "audio" folder but it is empty.
I have deleted, redownloaded a new copy of v65 & redeployed with the same results. Have any ideas?

Thanks, Brian

Tags
twotonedetect