RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #221 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2011, 9:47 AM
   
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1
Default

Great program and thanks for the continued work on it!

I was wondering if it would be possible to have the program update the email list without having to open/close the program. I am asking because I would like to automate the process of adding emails for people. I built a web app with php/mysql that they will be able to add numbers and I made a script that will go out to my web server and download the newest tones.cfg file... However, they will have to manually run the script because the script closes and then reopens the tone program. I thought of using a scheduled task but the script could end up closing the program as a tone is recording.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #222 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2011, 8:24 PM
kicktd's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 257
Default

Would love to see command line execution put back in. I can edit the python code to add it but lack apparently the correct libs to actually compile etc. so I'm stuck on that part, but being able to execute a command line option again would be great feature to have back in the program.
__________________
RadioShack Pro-197
Reply With Quote
  #223 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2011, 11:36 PM
joseph's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 71
Default question

this program is sending me two emails of every recording for some reason,
Reply With Quote
  #224 (permalink)  
Old 11-07-2011, 7:43 PM
motomeso's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ontario
Posts: 883
Default

Found a unique problem today with Two Tone Detect. I happened to change the default recording soundcard in the Control Panel from the onboard card which Two Tone was using to another USB card for the sake of tinkering. Everything seemed fine and the level indicator was showing audio which corresponded with what was coming in on the onboard soundcard which was chosen in Two Tone Detect but the recording followed the Default mapper which I had changed to the USB.

The Detection was still coming from the card chosen in the software but the recording followed the Sound Mapper in the Control Panel. Is this something that could be fixed for the users that use multiple soundcards and multiple instances of the software? My goal is to get all four of my scanners on one machine which consists of 3 Two Tone Detect and 1 Pocsag decoding.
Reply With Quote
  #225 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2011, 1:23 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve3nsv View Post
Found a unique problem today with Two Tone Detect. I happened to change the default recording soundcard in the Control Panel from the onboard card which Two Tone was using to another USB card for the sake of tinkering. Everything seemed fine and the level indicator was showing audio which corresponded with what was coming in on the onboard soundcard which was chosen in Two Tone Detect but the recording followed the Default mapper which I had changed to the USB.

The Detection was still coming from the card chosen in the software but the recording followed the Sound Mapper in the Control Panel. Is this something that could be fixed for the users that use multiple soundcards and multiple instances of the software? My goal is to get all four of my scanners on one machine which consists of 3 Two Tone Detect and 1 Pocsag decoding.
After you make changes to your default device, you'll want to restart TwoToneDetect and reselect the sound devices, as the indices used to differentiate them will have changed.

I'm using a non-default sound card with no issues. If all else fails, close the program, manually change input_device_index and output_device_index to zero in the config.cfg file, restart the program, and reselect the desired input and output devices. Then restart the program again to make sure the changes took.

If it's still not working after that, let me know. I looked at the code briefly and can't see a reason for the problem you're having other than what the steps above should fix.

Andy
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #226 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2011, 2:27 PM
motomeso's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ontario
Posts: 883
Default

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.254 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I made changes in the Sound Properties of the control panel but not in Two Tone Detect. I will play around a little more and let you know.

Great job and excellent software by the way! Zero crashes for me running P4 machines with 512MB and XP Pro.
Reply With Quote
  #227 (permalink)  
Old 11-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Iowa County, Iowa
Posts: 1,584
Default

I keep getting this error after the radio detects a good two tone.

done writing WAV
['00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '13:35', '00:00', '00:00']
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function alert at 0x02FF4DB0>
Trackback <most recent call last>:
File "<string>", line 364, in alert
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect50\outPYZ1 .pyz/subprocess", line
679, in __init__
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect50\outPYZ1 .pyz/subprocess", line
893, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
Reply With Quote
  #228 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Currituck, NC
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timkilbride View Post
I keep getting this error after the radio detects a good two tone.

done writing WAV
['00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '13:35', '00:00', '00:00']
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function alert at 0x02FF4DB0>
Trackback <most recent call last>:
File "<string>", line 364, in alert
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect50\outPYZ1 .pyz/subprocess", line
679, in __init__
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect50\outPYZ1 .pyz/subprocess", line
893, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
The RadioReference.com Forums - Search Results
Reply With Quote
  #229 (permalink)  
Old 11-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Iowa County, Iowa
Posts: 1,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichee View Post
Thanks. Its been a long day playing with radios.

Tim
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #230 (permalink)  
Old 11-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mattoon, Illinois
Posts: 3
Default

Having a problem when opening "Edit Config Info".. unable to save..

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect50\outPYZ1 .pyz/Tkinter", line 141
0, in __call__
File "<string>", line 778, in configWindow
TypeError: __init__() takes at least 4 arguments (3 given)
Reply With Quote
  #231 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2011, 3:28 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Currituck, NC
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles16 View Post
Having a problem when opening "Edit Config Info".. unable to save..

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect50\outPYZ1 .pyz/Tkinter", line 141
0, in __call__
File "<string>", line 778, in configWindow
TypeError: __init__() takes at least 4 arguments (3 given)
Make sure you are downloading the latest version(v50 as of this post). Extract to a new folder. copy ffmpeg into the folder and run twotonedetect. Don't add any other files to the folder. Don't change any files before running the program. Try hitting edit config and make changes and save.
Reply With Quote
  #232 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2011, 9:27 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mattoon, Illinois
Posts: 3
Default

Still having the issue... My computer has windows vista.. I just tried it on my laptop which has Windows 7 and I had no problems.. Planning on upgrading my computer to Windows 7 this evening
Reply With Quote
  #233 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 28
Default Issue with record time

Hello,

I have the unit set up for a long tone, with a 3 second delay and a 30 second record time. THe file received via email is only 18 seconds long at most. Any ideas how to rectify?

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #234 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2011, 12:50 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 3114@christianafire.org
Posts: 3
Default

This is because, by default, the audio device is the remote desktop driver. To get this to work via remote desktop you need to start remote desktop and choose options. Under Local Resources Go to Remote Audio and go into settings. Under remote audio playback select play on remote computer. This will allow the exe to find the native audio device index.
Reply With Quote
  #235 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2011, 3:41 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 3114@christianafire.org
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvfd3114 View Post
This is because, by default, the audio device is the remote desktop driver. To get this to work via remote desktop you need to start remote desktop and choose options. Under Local Resources Go to Remote Audio and go into settings. Under remote audio playback select play on remote computer. This will allow the exe to find the native audio device index.
this was in response to the post about the app not working correctly when using remote desktop.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #236 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Iowa County, Iowa
Posts: 1,584
Default

I have been using the program(v50) for a few days now. I really like and appreciate all the hard work to make this work!!!

Here are the bugs I have:

1) When starting the program, I get the following error:

"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1."

Then I click continue and it appears again. I click continue again and it goes away and the program loads like it is suppose to.

2) Fire Department 1 has tones A) 400hz B)500hz. Fire Department 2 has tones A)500hz B)400hz. When paging out Fire Department 1, they do the two tone sequence twice, 400-500-400-500. The software detects the 2nd and 3rd tones as Fire Department 2.

Tim
Reply With Quote
  #237 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2011, 1:58 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 28
Default Same Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichee View Post
Make sure you are downloading the latest version(v50 as of this post). Extract to a new folder. copy ffmpeg into the folder and run twotonedetect. Don't add any other files to the folder. Don't change any files before running the program. Try hitting edit config and make changes and save.
Hello - just installed on a 2nd computer.... identical for the most part to my first computer and I"m getting the same error as this reply is for. I've done the instructions with no joy. Any thoughts on a next step?

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #238 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2011, 2:18 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Currituck, NC
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfr301 View Post
Hello - just installed on a 2nd computer.... identical for the most part to my first computer and I"m getting the same error as this reply is for. I've done the instructions with no joy. Any thoughts on a next step?

Mike
Try right clicking on the file and choosing run as administrator if using windows vista/7. Where do you have the files located?
Reply With Quote
  #239 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2011, 2:39 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichee View Post
Try right clicking on the file and choosing run as administrator if using windows vista/7. Where do you have the files located?
Just figured it out as I got your reply. It seems that you MUST have an Input, and Output and a Com Port connection or it will throw errors. Even if you're not using playback audio on your computer, you still need speakers hooked up. The same as you still need a com port hooked up even without a scanner there.

Once we did that all the problems went away.

Mike
Reply With Quote
  #240 (permalink)  
Old 11-13-2011, 3:39 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3
Default

I am having a problem that when more than on fire dept is paged out at a time hat it will record the tones but will stop the recording and send the text before the dispatcher says anything. I have the recording adjusted for 60s since I thought this would take care of that, and I have also the audio squelch set as low as it will go.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
twotonedetect

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions