RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2014, 11:31 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Unhappy Nope...

Well. Sad to report that this did not fix my problem. My other program that did work even quit. I guess it'll be G-Mail full time... :-(
Sponsored links
Old 08-03-2014, 8:42 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I use a gmail account for ttd and it seems like after every ttd text/email I have to go into the gmail account and log in and it asked me the 5 letter or so "verification your not a reboot code" how can I get rid of that? I also have 2step verification off.
Old 08-04-2014, 6:41 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Well I'm still having issues with Sprint. I signed up for the Sprint Enterprise Messenger like stated above, tried 2 step verification, all that Jazz. Still getting about 3 out of 5 pages. other carriers work great, just having issues with Sprint. Grrrrrr this is starting to get irritating.
Old 08-04-2014, 6:44 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt603 View Post
Well I'm still having issues with Sprint. I signed up for the Sprint Enterprise Messenger like stated above, tried 2 step verification, all that Jazz. Still getting about 3 out of 5 pages. other carriers work great, just having issues with Sprint. Grrrrrr this is starting to get irritating.
Set up a dedicated gmail address to receive your pages. Then load the gmail app on your smart phone with push notifications. works like a charm, no cell carrier issues
Old 08-04-2014, 9:27 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Program Crashes on Win7 32-bit

I ran the program on an XP machine that was dying. I copied the contents of the TTD65c folder to the new machine, however it will not run. The tones config app runs fine, but the main app does not run at all and crashed each time I try to run it. I get the following error message in my log file:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 161, in <module>
NameError: name 'inv_output_device_indices' is not defined
Succesfully retrieved local tone info
Tone1
[881.0, 881.0, 881.0, 470.5, 470.5, 470.5]
File "<string>", line 795, in <module>
KeyError: ''
Tone1

I have never seen this before and I've not had any similar issues on my old PC. Any suggestions on what to check?
Sponsored links
Old 08-06-2014, 6:47 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick223 View Post
I use a gmail account for ttd and it seems like after every ttd text/email I have to go into the gmail account and log in and it asked me the 5 letter or so "verification your not a reboot code" how can I get rid of that? I also have 2step verification off.
Nick did you ever figure anything out on this one? It might be that they dislike how many folks you are sending things to. How many folks do you have in one email and are you blind carbon copied?
Old 08-06-2014, 6:59 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlnorth View Post
File "<string>", line 161, in <module>
NameError: name 'inv_output_device_indices' is not defined
Tone1
Yup, got a REALLY good idea on whats going on.
1) How many output devices did you have on the old computer?
2) Is there an output device enabled on the computer?
3) Is the new computer an HP?

The trouble is in that line I bolded in the trace you posted. TTD doesn't have a device to output to. The simplest thing to try doing would be to plug a pair of headphones into the output jack of the computer and make sure they have sound through them. Then try the TTD and see if it balks. If the headphone trick works, buy a cheap crappy set at your favorite store (you know those checkout line ones that cost all of but 3 bucks, great quality sound there) and leave them in. That will trick the software into having an output.

If the headphones didn't work, open up your Config.cfg file with notepad (you might backup a copy before doing this as well), and find the output device index line. Reset that line to 0 and save and close then retry the software. If it was already 0 then something screwy is up. Let me know if those help.
Old 08-06-2014, 6:27 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecker View Post
Nick did you ever figure anything out on this one? It might be that they dislike how many folks you are sending things to. How many folks do you have in one email and are you blind carbon copied?

I logged into the email from the pi desktop well see how that works. This email only has about 30 users.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The old PC had one output device, I believe. I think it was just one output on the sound card that was integrated with the motherboard.

The new PC has one output device, which is the integrated sound card. There is also a headphone jack on the front panel of the new PC, so I'm not sure if that would constitute a 2nd output device or not.

Both PC's are Dell's.

I have edited the config file and changed the output to 0,1,2,3, and 4, to no avail.

I will give the headphone trick a try and see how that works.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecker View Post
Yup, got a REALLY good idea on whats going on.
1) How many output devices did you have on the old computer?
2) Is there an output device enabled on the computer?
3) Is the new computer an HP?

The trouble is in that line I bolded in the trace you posted. TTD doesn't have a device to output to. The simplest thing to try doing would be to plug a pair of headphones into the output jack of the computer and make sure they have sound through them. Then try the TTD and see if it balks. If the headphone trick works, buy a cheap crappy set at your favorite store (you know those checkout line ones that cost all of but 3 bucks, great quality sound there) and leave them in. That will trick the software into having an output.

If the headphones didn't work, open up your Config.cfg file with notepad (you might backup a copy before doing this as well), and find the output device index line. Reset that line to 0 and save and close then retry the software. If it was already 0 then something screwy is up. Let me know if those help.
Sponsored links
Old 08-15-2014, 10:00 AM

Andy I have this TTD running on a pc and everything has worked perfectly until last night on the 7pm test page it didnt send out an email, but later at 7:30 it set out an email on an actual page, see the logs below, any ideas?

File "<string>", line 499, in mail
File "C:\Users\Deer Creek Fire Dept\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect65c_debu g\outPYZ1.pyz/smtplib", line 725, in sendmail
SMTPServerDisconnected: Connection unexpectedly closed
Email not sent on attempt 1trying again in five seconds for Benton Fire page received at 19:21:48 on 08/14/14
File "<string>", line 492, in mail
File "C:\Users\Deer Creek Fire Dept\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect65c_debu g\outPYZ1.pyz/smtplib", line 242, in __init__
gaierror: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed
Email not sent on attempt 2trying again in five seconds for Benton Fire page received at 19:21:48 on 08/14/14
File "C:\Users\Deer Creek Fire Dept\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect65c_debu g\outPYZ1.pyz/smtplib", line 242, in __init__
Email not sent on attempt 3trying again in five seconds for Benton Fire page received at 19:21:48 on 08/14/14
max retries exceeded, failed to send email
Old 08-16-2014, 5:44 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey9797 View Post
Andy I have this TTD running on a pc and everything has worked perfectly until last night on the 7pm test page it didnt send out an email, but later at 7:30 it set out an email on an actual page, see the logs below, any ideas?

File "<string>", line 499, in mail
File "C:\Users\Deer Creek Fire Dept\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect65c_debu g\outPYZ1.pyz/smtplib", line 725, in sendmail
SMTPServerDisconnected: Connection unexpectedly closed
Email not sent on attempt 1trying again in five seconds for Benton Fire page received at 19:21:48 on 08/14/14
Email not sent on attempt 2trying again in five seconds for Benton Fire page received at 19:21:48 on 08/14/14
Email not sent on attempt 3trying again in five seconds for Benton Fire page received at 19:21:48 on 08/14/14
max retries exceeded, failed to send email
Joey,

It looks like TTD was having trouble communicating with your email service. it could be that the email server was down momentarily or that you had lost internet connectivity for a short while. If everything started working again with no corrective steps on your part, I would guess that this is what happened. You might be surprised at how often your internet service may be down for a few minutes. Over the last week I know that mine had one 9 minute outage and then two additional three minute outages. This is a big reason that TTD needs to be considered a backup to carrying your regular pager. If you run a RadioReference feed from your computer, log in to your owner management page, get to the Technicals Tab, then scroll all the way to the bottom for the list of outages.

Jim
Old 08-16-2014, 7:48 AM

Will do, thanks!
Old 08-17-2014, 11:18 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have had trouble with Sprint since around April this year. I did what was explained by registering my gmail account with Sprint Messenger last Wednesday and so far we have received every text page on all my sprint phones.

Thanks,
John
Old 08-20-2014, 1:04 PM

Hi All,

I am new to this program and just managed to set it up. So far in testing mode it is working great. The question I have is that I notice my mp3 doesn't get sent out till about 3 minutes after the recording is stopped. Right now I am the only person on the email list.

Is that a normal time or should it be faster? The "text only" option of course shows up on my phone almost instantly.

It also will not send .amr out at all. no idea why. I am assuming its a Telus thing....

Also it seems that I am getting a duplicate text only message. Here is a link to screen shot of phone
http://tinyurl.com/pchvoef

Anyway - any guidance would be helpful. Thanks
Old 08-23-2014, 8:29 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by grcross View Post
Hi All,

I am new to this program and just managed to set it up. So far in testing mode it is working great. The question I have is that I notice my mp3 doesn't get sent out till about 3 minutes after the recording is stopped. Right now I am the only person on the email list.

Is that a normal time or should it be faster? The "text only" option of course shows up on my phone almost instantly.

It also will not send .amr out at all. no idea why. I am assuming its a Telus thing....

Also it seems that I am getting a duplicate text only message. Here is a link to screen shot of phone
http://tinyurl.com/pchvoef

Anyway - any guidance would be helpful. Thanks
Usually the MP3 files are sent pretty quickly. When you say that it sends three minutes later, does that mean you receive the message 3 minutes later or the program actually sends it three minutes later? You can tell what time the program sends the message by looking at the timestamp on the main program screen. If there is a delay in sending the mp3, I would suspect it's an issue with a slow SMTP connection or something along those lines. Are you sure you're getting the file in mp3 format and not WAV format? If you're getting WAV, those files are very large, which might partially explain the delay.

As for the dual text message, I think you're just seeing both the subject and body of the message together, which are identical.

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Sponsored links
Old 08-25-2014, 1:45 PM

Thanks for the reply. the time stamp is typically 3 to 31/2 minutes between end of page and sending file. It is showing as an .wav - that must be it. Also my internet at work (where I am testing) is not great and drops packets all the time. So maybe a combination of both.

I am moving it to the station tonight (better connection)

How do I make it send an .mp3 not a .wav?

Thanks for the help!

G
Old 08-26-2014, 7:58 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by grcross View Post
How do I make it send an .mp3 not a .wav?
You need to download ffmpeg, extract the EXE file, and place it in the folder with TTD. Instructions and a download link are on the program page TwoToneDetect Page Redirection

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Old 08-26-2014, 3:13 PM

Okay - I had done that already but I don't see the .exe in there now just the other files. Strange. I will try it again. Just the .exe or all the associated files moved into the TDD root as well? Sorry may sound like a dumb question... The wav is sending a lot faster at the station than at work so that was defiantly part of the issue. If I can get it sending the mp3 it will be really quick.

I will update shortly - thanks Andy
Old 09-02-2014, 3:30 PM

Default My problem with TTD...

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and to radio, so I apologize in advance for my ignorance. I'm trying to run TTD but I'm having no success. The program runs fine, my parameters seem good, and my log file looks OK, but I know that TTD's not doing what I want it to.

Background info:
I'm running Win 8.1 - 64bit on an HP Envy 700. TTD is version 65, and my scanner is a RS PRO-94. I'm jacked into the computer's line-in. The tones I want to capture are 1122.5 and 1153.4.

When I run the debug version, my log file says
"Successfully retrieved local tone info
Successfully retrieved local tone info
Tone 1
Longtone1
[1122,5, 1122.5 1122.5, 1153.4, 1153.4, 1153.4]
Tone 1
Longtone1"

My config window says "No Audio" unless I lower the Auto Squelch Setting, then numbers start to generate...but, that can't be the answer because I can disconnect the input cable and numbers still get generated. Plus, suspiciously, all the numbers have a one decimal place value, always zero: i.e. 654.0, 1243.0, 777.0, etc.

I'm sorry to say that I'm totally confused, and I'm looking for help, if possible.

Thanks and regards,
RobL
Old 09-02-2014, 8:04 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by robl778 View Post
Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and to radio, so I apologize in advance for my ignorance. I'm trying to run TTD but I'm having no success. The program runs fine, my parameters seem good, and my log file looks OK, but I know that TTD's not doing what I want it to.

Background info:
I'm running Win 8.1 - 64bit on an HP Envy 700. TTD is version 65, and my scanner is a RS PRO-94. I'm jacked into the computer's line-in. The tones I want to capture are 1122.5 and 1153.4.

When I run the debug version, my log file says
"Successfully retrieved local tone info
Tone 1
Longtone1
[1122,5, 1122.5 1122.5, 1153.4, 1153.4, 1153.4]
Tone 1
Longtone1"

My config window says "No Audio" unless I lower the Auto Squelch Setting, then numbers start to generate...but, that can't be the answer because I can disconnect the input cable and numbers still get generated. Plus, suspiciously, all the numbers have a one decimal place value, always zero: i.e. 654.0, 1243.0, 777.0, etc.

I'm sorry to say that I'm totally confused, and I'm looking for help, if possible.

Thanks and regards,
RobL
Rob, The "No Audio" in your configuration window is what you want to see when there is no audio being fed in from your scanner or other radio. So when no one is talking on the channel you are monitoring or the audio cable is unplugged, it should say "No Audio". Then with the audio cable plugged in, break squelch on the scanner. That should cause numbers to scroll by in that window. Same for when you are picking up a transmission on the monitored channel. Sometimes you may need to turn the scanner volume up a little to get TTD to work well. Hope this helps.

By the way, you have a nice little fire museum in North Charleston near the airport. Well worth a stop if anyone is traveling through the area.

Tags
twotonedetect