RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording


Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording - Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #3741 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Newbie
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsands View Post
Kill the program and make a backup. Make another backup just because.
Extract v70 in the directory.
Copy the cfg files from the backup to the v70 folder
Open TTD , go to edit config, save, and exit.
Open tones editor, save, and exit.
Then run TTD as normal.


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #3742 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2018, 10:26 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernbound View Post
Andy

I am having the same problem with V70 that I had in V69. TTD will not open on every execution of the program file. Tonight it took 3 tries on my Win7 machine for TTD to start, 5 tries on my Win10 machine. On the Win7 machine, the program dies right after the 2nd instance of TTD appears in task manager, but before it pulls my remotely hosted tones file and it does not create an entry in the log file.
Marvin
Try this one and let me know if it behaves any differently:

http://www.twotonedetect.net/downloa...t70a_debug.exe

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
  #3743 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2018, 7:17 AM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota
Posts: 354
Default

can someone post how to get TTD working on linux ubuntu system. i am a newbie to linux..


thanks,
matt
Reply With Quote
  #3744 (permalink)  
Old 02-13-2018, 7:50 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnelson26 View Post
can someone post how to get TTD working on linux ubuntu system. i am a newbie to linux..


thanks,
matt
Try following the raspberry pi instructions on TwoToneDetect. Start at the section titled Installing Prerequisites.
Reply With Quote
  #3745 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2018, 7:38 AM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota
Posts: 354
Default

ok i got it installed files loaded with all the info and. now i cant get the twotone level to open or the two tone detect like ./towtonedetect70

thanks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #3746 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2018, 3:20 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnelson26 View Post
ok i got it installed files loaded with all the info and. now i cant get the twotone level to open or the two tone detect like ./towtonedetect70

thanks
Did you use the full path in your command?

/home/pi/TTD/TwoToneDetect70
Reply With Quote
  #3747 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2018, 9:23 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota
Posts: 354
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
Did you use the full path in your command?

/home/pi/TTD/TwoToneDetect70

/home/openmhz/TTD/TwoToneDetect70
bash: /home/openmhz/TTD/TwoToneDetect70: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
Reply With Quote
  #3748 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2018, 9:50 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Dickens TX
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
Try this one and let me know if it behaves any differently:

http://www.twotonedetect.net/downloa...t70a_debug.exe

Andy
Andy,

I have tested this several times on several different days on my Win7 computer, both the v-70 and v-70a debug files work the same, they both will open the program every time they are executed. It is only the program file that does not run every time. When this happened with the last version you created a "69a alternate build" that fixed the issue.

That post is at
https://forums.radioreference.com/2708769-post3414.html

I created a batch file to run the command line that jhsands posted, it is more reliable to run it and open TTD but even it does not open the program every time. At this point I am thinking about formatting the hard drive and reloading windows.

I started running TTD on this computer at V-65, I did not start seeing this issue on this computer until V-69 came out and it was fixed in the 69a alternate build.

When I ran the debug versions I did notice that the debug version doss window would sit at the blinking cursor for 10 to 15 seconds and then the first thing it would do is clear the redundant file. Could this be a problem with my redundant.cfg file that the program can not handle sometimes even though the redundant part of the program seems to be working fine after the program runs successfully?

Marvin
Reply With Quote
  #3749 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2018, 6:58 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Lancaster County NE
Posts: 109
Default

Anyone else having problems with TTD not showing detected tones? I've got 3 instances running on one machine and only 1 of the 3 shows logs.

All 3 are running version 69a.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #3750 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2018, 4:46 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Westport Island, ME
Posts: 9
Default

I am not new to Linux, I have been been admining Unix servers since the 90's and for the last 10+ managing a RHEL shop with > 300 servers.

I am new to Raspberry PI, the package managment is a bit different but everything else is very straightforward.

I am attempting to replace an old Two Tones setup that a consultant setup for our department. (Well before I joined the department).

I picked up a Raspberry PI 3 and a USB sound adaptor. I am planning on replacing the old Windows PC with the Raspberry PI.

pi@raspberrypi3:~/TTD $ cat /etc/debian_version
8.0

I THINK that I have all of the packages that are needed to be installed.

I ran into an issue with ffmpeg:
pi@raspberrypi3:~/TTD $ sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package ffmpeg is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'ffmpeg' has no installation candidate

For that I just download and compiled a version and symlinked into into the TTD dir:
pi@raspberrypi3:~/TTD $ ls -lsa
total 99464
4 drwxr-xr-x 2 pi pi 4096 Feb 27 11:41 .
4 drwxr-xr-x 10 pi pi 4096 Feb 27 21:49 ..
15864 -rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 16242128 Dec 31 21:16 LevelMeter
16800 -rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 17202736 Dec 31 21:14 TonesEditor9a
17312 -rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 17724132 Dec 18 03:50 TwoToneDetect70
49472 -rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 50658410 Feb 27 05:31 TwoToneDetect70.tgz
4 -rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 2432 Jan 18 2017 config.cfg
0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 21 Feb 27 11:41 ffmpeg -> /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
4 -rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 2196 Jan 15 2017 tones.cfg


I may still have a codec issue later as apt-get also didn't find this package:
sudo apt-get install libavcodec-extra57

Any any case I am running into what should be a basic issue that don't see an easy fix for:
pi@raspberrypi3:~/TTD $ ./TwoToneDetect70
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect70.py", line 14, in <module>
File "/tmp/pip-build-YarybJ/pyinstaller/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 396, in load_module
File "lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 42, in <module>
ImportError: /tmp/_MEIHG8d4N/libX11.so.6: undefined symbol: xcb_poll_for_reply64, please install the python-tk package
[4827] Failed to execute script TwoToneDetect70




pi@raspberrypi3:~/TTD $ sudo apt-get install python-tk
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
python-tk is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.


I have attempted to remove python-tk along with python3-tk and reinstall incase it was corrupt without any luck. (I think that TTD is a phython2 application but I wanted to cover my bases with the phython3 version too).


When I run this;


pi@raspberrypi3:~ $ python
Python 2.7.9 (default, Sep 17 2016, 20:26:04)
[GCC 4.9.2] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import Tkinter
>>> Tkinter.Tk()
<Tkinter.Tk instance at 0x76a63328>
>>>

A window displays on my laptop showing the python-tk should be working.
Reply With Quote
  #3751 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2018, 5:35 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1jak View Post
I am not new to Linux, I have been been admining Unix servers since the 90's and for the last 10+ managing a RHEL shop with > 300 servers.

I am new to Raspberry PI, the package managment is a bit different but everything else is very straightforward.

I am attempting to replace an old Two Tones setup that a consultant setup for our department. (Well before I joined the department).

I picked up a Raspberry PI 3 and a USB sound adaptor. I am planning on replacing the old Windows PC with the Raspberry PI.

pi@raspberrypi3:~/TTD $ cat /etc/debian_version
8.0

I THINK that I have all of the packages that are needed to be installed.

I ran into an issue with ffmpeg:
pi@raspberrypi3:~/TTD $ sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package ffmpeg is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'ffmpeg' has no installation candidate

For that I just download and compiled a version and symlinked into into the TTD dir:
pi@raspberrypi3:~/TTD $ ls -lsa
total 99464
4 drwxr-xr-x 2 pi pi 4096 Feb 27 11:41 .
4 drwxr-xr-x 10 pi pi 4096 Feb 27 21:49 ..
15864 -rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 16242128 Dec 31 21:16 LevelMeter
16800 -rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 17202736 Dec 31 21:14 TonesEditor9a
17312 -rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 17724132 Dec 18 03:50 TwoToneDetect70
49472 -rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 50658410 Feb 27 05:31 TwoToneDetect70.tgz
4 -rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 2432 Jan 18 2017 config.cfg
0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 pi pi 21 Feb 27 11:41 ffmpeg -> /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
4 -rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 2196 Jan 15 2017 tones.cfg


I may still have a codec issue later as apt-get also didn't find this package:
sudo apt-get install libavcodec-extra57

Any any case I am running into what should be a basic issue that don't see an easy fix for:
pi@raspberrypi3:~/TTD $ ./TwoToneDetect70
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect70.py", line 14, in <module>
File "/tmp/pip-build-YarybJ/pyinstaller/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 396, in load_module
File "lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 42, in <module>
ImportError: /tmp/_MEIHG8d4N/libX11.so.6: undefined symbol: xcb_poll_for_reply64, please install the python-tk package
[4827] Failed to execute script TwoToneDetect70




pi@raspberrypi3:~/TTD $ sudo apt-get install python-tk
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
python-tk is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.


I have attempted to remove python-tk along with python3-tk and reinstall incase it was corrupt without any luck. (I think that TTD is a phython2 application but I wanted to cover my bases with the phython3 version too).


When I run this;


pi@raspberrypi3:~ $ python
Python 2.7.9 (default, Sep 17 2016, 20:26:04)
[GCC 4.9.2] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import Tkinter
>>> Tkinter.Tk()
<Tkinter.Tk instance at 0x76a63328>
>>>

A window displays on my laptop showing the python-tk should be working.
A couple thoughts:

1. Have you tried following the raspberry pi instructions on Andyís twotonedetect.net website? There is now an installer available that should take care of most, if not all, dependencies.

2. There is a separate thread on this forum for running TTD on a pi. Have you looked there for some guidance?

3. The debian version on my pi3 is 9.1. At some point they included ffmpeg with the debian distribution but I donít recall when that was.

4. If you are still having trouble, send me a PM and I will see if I can find my list of installation commands.

5. I think if you start with a fresh Raspbian Stretch image and follow Andyís instructions, you should have little trouble.

Good luck

Jim
Reply With Quote
  #3752 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2018, 6:12 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Westport Island, ME
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
A couple thoughts:

1. Have you tried following the raspberry pi instructions on Andyís twotonedetect.net website? There is now an installer available that should take care of most, if not all, dependencies.

2. There is a separate thread on this forum for running TTD on a pi. Have you looked there for some guidance?

3. The debian version on my pi3 is 9.1. At some point they included ffmpeg with the debian distribution but I donít recall when that was.

4. If you are still having trouble, send me a PM and I will see if I can find my list of installation commands.

5. I think if you start with a fresh Raspbian Stretch image and follow Andyís instructions, you should have little trouble.

Good luck

Jim
Jim,
Thanks for the reply.

I will start from scratch, I was attempting to follow these directions:
TwoToneDetect on a Raspberry Pi | TwoToneDetect

I skipped the Raspbian section as I had already installed it on a SD card back in Oct. (I purchased the Raspberry Pi3 and a few PI Zero W's for a project and now I am donating the PI3 to the Fire department).

I will start if from scratch with the Raspbian stretch with desktop (When this is done and working I will see if I can run it at run level 3).

If I have problems I will look for the PI thread and attempt to move my updates to that thread.

I really like the project but wish that the python code was available for review. I am very happy that it runs on Linux and isn't just a Windows application

I do have to thank the creator of the application for making it available and hopefully it can be moved back to the GPL license in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #3753 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2018, 8:01 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota
Posts: 354
Default

Anyone a expert with the ftp setup. I thought i had it but guess not because haven't received anything.. anyone using a free hosting
Reply With Quote
  #3754 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2018, 9:39 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Westport Island, ME
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
A couple thoughts:

1. Have you tried following the raspberry pi instructions on Andyís twotonedetect.net website? There is now an installer available that should take care of most, if not all, dependencies.

2. There is a separate thread on this forum for running TTD on a pi. Have you looked there for some guidance?

3. The debian version on my pi3 is 9.1. At some point they included ffmpeg with the debian distribution but I donít recall when that was.

4. If you are still having trouble, send me a PM and I will see if I can find my list of installation commands.

5. I think if you start with a fresh Raspbian Stretch image and follow Andyís instructions, you should have little trouble.

Good luck

Jim
Jim,
Thanks for the help, I started from scratch and I was able to make it past the issue.

It's working as documented on
cat /etc/debian_version
9.1

Next I will have to connect it to a radio and test it out.

Thanks again -Jason
Reply With Quote
  #3755 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2018, 9:11 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Earth Sector 001
Posts: 814
Default

The windows 70 version. Anyone have it crashing alot? Mine is about one-twice a week right now.
Reply With Quote
  #3756 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2018, 9:53 AM
ffryan76's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: South central, In
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstar22 View Post
The windows 70 version. Anyone have it crashing alot? Mine is about one-twice a week right now.
Mine has been stable for sometime. No reboots for a few weeks.
Reply With Quote
  #3757 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2018, 10:31 PM
Newbie
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: McPherson, KS
Posts: 2
Default twotone69a

I have had this working on my computer for months. I am needing to change it to my other computer. I have it loaded with FFMPEG. Just like the old computer. The detect opens and listens. It hears the page but never opens ffmpeg. Any thoughts


clip from log file:
EMS Page Tone Set Found
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect69a.py", line 673, in alert
File "site-packages\pyaudio.py", line 747, in open
1150.0 18579.6101114
IOError: [Errno Unanticipated host error] -9999
delay timer EMS Page 22:26:07 on 03/06/18
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect69a.py", line 759, in alert
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'recordstream' referenced before assignment
Reply With Quote
  #3758 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2018, 8:37 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by genedarrell View Post
I have had this working on my computer for months. I am needing to change it to my other computer. I have it loaded with FFMPEG. Just like the old computer. The detect opens and listens. It hears the page but never opens ffmpeg. Any thoughts


clip from log file:
EMS Page Tone Set Found
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect69a.py", line 673, in alert
File "site-packages\pyaudio.py", line 747, in open
1150.0 18579.6101114
IOError: [Errno Unanticipated host error] -9999
delay timer EMS Page 22:26:07 on 03/06/18
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect69a.py", line 759, in alert
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'recordstream' referenced before assignment
Looks like it's not playing nice with the sound card. Do you have a USB sound card you can try?

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
  #3759 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2018, 4:53 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texarkana, Arkansas
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffryan76 View Post
Mine has been stable for sometime. No reboots for a few weeks.
Same

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk.
Reply With Quote
  #3760 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2018, 4:54 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texarkana, Arkansas
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by genedarrell View Post
I have had this working on my computer for months. I am needing to change it to my other computer. I have it loaded with FFMPEG. Just like the old computer. The detect opens and listens. It hears the page but never opens ffmpeg. Any thoughts


clip from log file:
EMS Page Tone Set Found
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect69a.py", line 673, in alert
File "site-packages\pyaudio.py", line 747, in open
1150.0 18579.6101114
IOError: [Errno Unanticipated host error] -9999
delay timer EMS Page 22:26:07 on 03/06/18
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect69a.py", line 759, in alert
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'recordstream' referenced before assignment
Are you using the correct version of ffmpeg? XP vs 7+ 32 or 64 bit? It matters.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
twotonedetect

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions