RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 12:40 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I've got this software in full time use for two different departments, and it's working wonderfully. Does anyone have any way to hide all the email addresses that each page gets sent to? If the emails were sent out as BCC's, this would solve the issue.
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2012, 5:35 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

What I did to hide the email's is send the page to an email address you can forward. Then put all the email's (for the users) in the forwarded email and all the user's see is the one forwarded email address. For example: I send station1 tones alert to station1@somewhere.com. I have station1@somewhere.com setup to forward to all the people that want Station 1 pages. This also works nicely if you want to send an information page to specific users of a station. You can send an email to station1@somewhere.com and all the recipients of the station 1 page will get it. Hope this helps.

John
Old 01-29-2012, 10:56 PM

I'm looking for some advice on running Two Tone Detect with multiple sound cards. I have one scanner (scanner 1) hooked to one sound card for Two Tone and another scanner (scanner 2) hooked to a different sound card for a different purpose.

Scanner 1 works just fine with Two Tone, but no matter what settings I use, Two Tone also seems to pick up the audio from scanner 2 at the same time.

It would seem like this is a Windows issue, but when I test with other applications the cards remain independent from each other, but TTD seems to blend them together.

I was using the on onboard sound along with a USB sound card, but I just switched to PCI cards thinking the USB was the culprit, but have the same problem.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 01-30-2012, 1:14 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Is there any way to make the subject line configurable? I prefer the old subject line with the date, like Page Received at 2:20:37 PM on 1/29/2012 instead of how it is now with just the time.
Old 01-30-2012, 2:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have local media asking if they can use this and is it legal for them to use. Can someone shed some light on this and I can forward it to them.

Thanks,
Quentin

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 01-30-2012, 5:21 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I keep getting the same error over and over nad I'm not sure where to start to fix it.

done writing WAV
['00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00', '00:00']
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function alert at 0x014214B0>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 364, in alert
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect50\outPYZ1 .pyz/subprocess", line
679, in __init__
893, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 01-30-2012, 6:14 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjccoonn View Post
I keep getting the same error over and over nad I'm not sure where to start to fix it.

done writing WAV
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function alert at 0x014214B0>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 364, in alert
679, in __init__
893, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application

Thanks in advance for the help.
Do you have ffmpeg.exe in the same directory as twotonedetect? Is it the 32 bit version and not the 64 bit version of ffmpeg?
Old 01-30-2012, 7:56 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I'm having some issues with false long tone decodong and I believe Forts is also. Any chance we can be able to configure the long tone duration in a future release? Seems right now that it's just slightly over 4 seconds.

I'm also still having issues with stacked pages with my Region but I've just separated the stations likely to be paged together into multiple instances of the software for now.
Old 01-30-2012, 8:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve3nsv View Post
I'm having some issues with false long tone decodong and I believe Forts is also. Any chance we can be able to configure the long tone duration in a future release? Seems right now that it's just slightly over 4 seconds.

I'm also still having issues with stacked pages with my Region but I've just separated the stations likely to be paged together into multiple instances of the software for now.
Yeah I actually have the long tone improvements baked into v54, which I've been toying with for a couple weeks now but haven't released yet. I may try to get it built and released tonight. Haven't been able to work on this much lately...newborn in the house really eats up free time :-)

What version are you having the stacked page issues with, and what's the scenario that's giving it problems?

Andy
Sponsored links
Old 01-30-2012, 9:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default AMR attachments

I have a Iphone and an sending the amr out and I onlny get tone info received page text no attachment.
The e-mails work fine.
Old 01-30-2012, 9:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
Haven't been able to work on this much lately...newborn in the house really eats up free time :-)
Andy
Congratulations
Old 01-30-2012, 10:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default v54 Released

I just posted v54. This is based on v53. I have not been able to reproduce the problems with v53 locking up that some people have mentioned. Let me know if this problem persists with v54.

Version 54 Release Notes:
  • Fixed bug in the Config Window that was hiding some of the options for some users. If a system had no COM ports, the COM port selection box and anything below it would not show up. This has been fixed.
  • Added a parameter called Longtonelength that specifies the required lengh of a Long Tone. Used in conjunction with Longtonedebounce
  • Upon first detecting a long tone, the program will wait the for the duration of Longtonelength, then check again to see if the frequency is still present
  • Made a number of changes to the scanner control algorithm to improve the probability that tone sets will be detected when scanning multiple frequencies
  • Note: The more frequencies and the more tone sets that are added, the less reliable this becomes.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
I just posted v54. This is based on v53. I have not been able to reproduce the problems with v53 locking up that some people have mentioned. Let me know if this problem persists with v54.

• Fixed bug in the Config Window that was hiding some of the options for some users. If a system had no COM ports, the COM port selection box and anything below it would not show up. This has been fixed.
  • Added a parameter called Longtonelength that specifies the required lengh of a Long Tone. Used in conjunction with Longtonedebounce
  • Upon first detecting a long tone, the program will wait the for the duration of Longtonelength, then check again to see if the frequency is still present
  • Made a number of changes to the scanner control algorithm to improve the probability that tone sets will be detected when scanning multiple frequencies
  • Note: The more frequencies and the more tone sets that are added, the less reliable this becomes.
Downloaded and unzip. Won't open. Like nothing happens

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2012, 11:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmobileaudio View Post
Downloaded and unzip. Won't open. Like nothing happens
Try running the _debug.exe version from a command prompt to see if it's giving you any errors. If you're reusing a tones.cfg file from a previous version and have any long tones in there, you'll need to add the Longtonelength parameter for those.

Andy
Old 01-30-2012, 11:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Try running the _debug.exe version from a command prompt to see if it's giving you any errors. If you're reusing a tones.cfg file from a previous version and have any long tones in there, you'll need to add the Longtonelength parameter for those.

Andy
Bingo. You got it Andy. Thank you and Congrats

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 01-31-2012, 9:08 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichee View Post
Do you have ffmpeg.exe in the same directory as twotonedetect? Is it the 32 bit version and not the 64 bit version of ffmpeg?
I though I had the right file, but checked and sure enough that was the issue. I had the 64bit version and not the 32. Thanks for the Help
Old 01-31-2012, 12:46 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:

I started using this last night. It missed all but the only long tone we have. I am reverting back to 53a as that seemed to be better at finding the tones. Unless there is a different setting i can try. Every morning the medic units run a test page for all the units, if that would help you i can send a recording of the tone portion. v53a would only mess up once towards the end when one of the sets overlaps.
Old 01-31-2012, 1:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichee View Post
I started using this last night. It missed all but the only long tone we have. I am reverting back to 53a as that seemed to be better at finding the tones. Unless there is a different setting i can try. Every morning the medic units run a test page for all the units, if that would help you i can send a recording of the tone portion. v53a would only mess up once towards the end when one of the sets overlaps.
Yeah, send me a copy of the recording and a copy of your tones.cfg file.

andyknitt@gmail.com
Old 01-31-2012, 5:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default v54a Released

I'm an idiot. I put a filter into v54 to get rid of frequencies below 300 Hz and above 3000 Hz. However, I hard coded it with the wrong sample rate, which meant it was actually getting rid of frequencies below 408 Hz. I didn't catch it in testing because I wasn't testing with low frequency tones. Sorry for the foul up, a corrected v54a is now posted.

Andy
Old 01-31-2012, 6:04 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
I'm an idiot. I put a filter into v54 to get rid of frequencies below 300 Hz and above 3000 Hz. However, I hard coded it with the wrong sample rate, which meant it was actually getting rid of frequencies below 408 Hz. I didn't catch it in testing because I wasn't testing with low frequency tones. Sorry for the foul up, a corrected v54a is now posted.

Andy
Got it installed. I will let you know how it goes.

Tags
twotonedetect