RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #461 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 233
Default

Couple questions. Is anyone else having trouble using Gmail & having to log in once in a while for it to send notifications? I have mine set for every station in the county, and thinking about adding EMS to the program just to see what I get (My PC's only about a mile from the paging tower, so it's crystal clear). I've had a couple hiccups but I think it's from the second frequency programmed into the scanner being distant (for one FD).

Also, what would I need to do to create line breaks in the page description to differentiate the "Page Notification" & "Page Recording" messages I have mine set up to send? (I have two instances running, one that records very little that sends almost immediately, & the other sends the recording.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #462 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2012, 4:18 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Linden, VA
Posts: 1
Default

I would love to have the ability to specify for twotonedetect to listen specifically to either the right or left channel on the line-in port. Currently I am using this program on the same machine that I am using to broadcast scanner feeds to RR and my set up is a stereo stream with two different frequencies on each. For the most part it seems to work ok but I could see if a tone is on channel 1 at the same time someone is talking on channel 2 it may mess up the frequency that the program is detecting.
Reply With Quote
  #463 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2012, 1:28 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2
Default Trouble installing

I downloaded v54 and started to set it up. got the ffmpeg in there but when i try to open the twotonedetect54cexe. all i get it a timer for a couple seconds and then nothing. i have tried unzipping to different folder but no luck im sure i am missing something simple but i cannot get it to open. thanks,
Reply With Quote
  #464 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnett View Post
I downloaded v54 and started to set it up. got the ffmpeg in there but when i try to open the twotonedetect54cexe. all i get it a timer for a couple seconds and then nothing. i have tried unzipping to different folder but no luck im sure i am missing something simple but i cannot get it to open. thanks,
Are you opening the main program or the debug? What version of Windows are you running?
Reply With Quote
  #465 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2012, 10:56 AM
   
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: DALTON, MA.
Posts: 1
Default

I too am having the same problem. Tried two versions of windows. Vista and Windows 7. ? Same exact setup and problem as dbarnett ?? I too think its something dumb I am missing.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #466 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2012, 9:54 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnett View Post
I downloaded v54 and started to set it up. got the ffmpeg in there but when i try to open the twotonedetect54cexe. all i get it a timer for a couple seconds and then nothing. i have tried unzipping to different folder but no luck im sure i am missing something simple but i cannot get it to open. thanks,
What does this timer look like? Can you get a screenshot?

Andy
Reply With Quote
  #467 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2012, 7:13 AM
dave3825's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: East Farmingdale, NY
Posts: 697
Default

I am running win xp pro sp3 and cant get 54c to run either. If I have task manager open and click 2 tone I too get the standard windows hourglass and see it open 2 times in task manager. I get 2 TwoToneDetect54c.exe in task manager then they both disappear. One gets up to around 8664 and the other 1500 in mem usage..


I am clicking TwoToneDetect54c.exe, not the debug. I also unzipped the ffmpeg into the directory..
__________________
::D:: ::A:: ::V:: ::E:: ::3:: ::8:: ::2:: ::5::

Br330T Pro 93 tapped Pro 95 tapped
Arc330Pro BcTool Freescan
Reply With Quote
  #468 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2012, 7:58 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3825 View Post
I am running win xp pro sp3 and cant get 54c to run either. If I have task manager open and click 2 tone I too get the standard windows hourglass and see it open 2 times in task manager. I get 2 TwoToneDetect54c.exe in task manager then they both disappear. One gets up to around 8664 and the other 1500 in mem usage..


I am clicking TwoToneDetect54c.exe, not the debug. I also unzipped the ffmpeg into the directory..
Try running the debug version and see if it gives you an error message that you can use to debug your problem.

Andy
Reply With Quote
  #469 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2012, 8:03 AM
dave3825's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: East Farmingdale, NY
Posts: 697
Default

Ran debug and the window closes to fast to see whats there..

Im here online going to feed my son brb like 20 min
__________________
::D:: ::A:: ::V:: ::E:: ::3:: ::8:: ::2:: ::5::

Br330T Pro 93 tapped Pro 95 tapped
Arc330Pro BcTool Freescan
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #470 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2012, 8:14 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3825 View Post
Ran debug and the window closes to fast to see whats there..

Im here online going to feed my son brb like 20 min
Ok try this then:

Open a command prompt window (windows start->run, then type "cmd" and hit enter) and change the directory to where you have the program. Type in TwoToneDetect54c_debug.exe to run the program. The command window should stay open and allow you to see any debug messages that may appear.

Andy
Reply With Quote
  #471 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2012, 8:34 AM
dave3825's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: East Farmingdale, NY
Posts: 697
Default

C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Desktop\TwoToneDetect54c>TwoToneDete ct54c_debug.e
xe
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 271, in <module>
File "<string>", line 203, in readtones
File "D:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect54c_debug\ outPYZ1.pyz/iniparse.co
mpat", line 138, in getfloat
File "D:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect54c_debug\ outPYZ1.pyz/iniparse.co
mpat", line 220, in get
File "D:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect54c_debug\ outPYZ1.pyz/iniparse.co
mpat", line 123, in get
ConfigParser.NoOptionError: No option 'longtonelength' in section: 'Longtone1'

C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Desktop\TwoToneDetect54c>
__________________
::D:: ::A:: ::V:: ::E:: ::3:: ::8:: ::2:: ::5::

Br330T Pro 93 tapped Pro 95 tapped
Arc330Pro BcTool Freescan
Reply With Quote
  #472 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2012, 8:43 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3825 View Post
C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Desktop\TwoToneDetect54c>TwoToneDete ct54c_debug.e
xe
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 271, in <module>
File "<string>", line 203, in readtones
File "D:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect54c_debug\ outPYZ1.pyz/iniparse.co
mpat", line 138, in getfloat
File "D:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect54c_debug\ outPYZ1.pyz/iniparse.co
mpat", line 220, in get
File "D:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect54c_debug\ outPYZ1.pyz/iniparse.co
mpat", line 123, in get
ConfigParser.NoOptionError: No option 'longtonelength' in section: 'Longtone1'

C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Desktop\TwoToneDetect54c>
Got it. Starting with v54, there is a new parameter needed for long tones in the tones.cfg file. This parameter is called longtonelength, and should be set to the length of the long tone in seconds. For example:

longtonelength = 7

It looks like this line was missing from the tones.cfg file that was packaged in the .zip file with version 54 when it was posted. I just uploaded a new .zip file to correct this, but you can simply add the line above to the [Longtone1] section of your tones.cfg file and that should get you up and running.

Andy
Reply With Quote
  #473 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2012, 9:13 AM
dave3825's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: East Farmingdale, NY
Posts: 697
Default

Ok I just got it to open . I have tones on my media player. I broadcast them thru my gmrs to my scanner. I see it catch tones, and it emailed me an amr file, but am I missing something? I don't get the mp3 and after it said tone detected and email sent, dos window opened and had some red writing and closed very fast. Also I am using a br330t. but have a line in to the pc from the scanner ear plug..
__________________
::D:: ::A:: ::V:: ::E:: ::3:: ::8:: ::2:: ::5::

Br330T Pro 93 tapped Pro 95 tapped
Arc330Pro BcTool Freescan
Reply With Quote
  #474 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2012, 9:31 AM
dave3825's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: East Farmingdale, NY
Posts: 697
Default

Ok Update

I got the program working properlyand it works good. I entered predefined a and b tone and then tripped it with my gmrs radio and it worked.

I originally thought this program was used to "detect" the a and b tone and then email them to you. I do not have many tones for the fire depts that I listen to yet and unfortunately have not had the time to record and decode them myself yet. I would love a program like yours that would detect a and b tones and email the actual values for the tone along with the first 30 seconds of audio to identify the dept and the nature of the tone aka rescue vs gen or working fire.

But in a nut shell your prog works very good.

And for others trying to set up and having problems, try this. Record your local tones and save as a mp3. Get a gmrs radio and find out the freq for your channel. Then lock your scanner on that channel and play the mp3 thru the gmrs. It triggered the software and it sent the email.

Great little program...
__________________
::D:: ::A:: ::V:: ::E:: ::3:: ::8:: ::2:: ::5::

Br330T Pro 93 tapped Pro 95 tapped
Arc330Pro BcTool Freescan
Reply With Quote
  #475 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2012, 7:27 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: White County, Tennessee
Posts: 26
Default

Andy,
Can you tell me what email programs the program can use to send the messages out? I am having a lot of trouble with Gmail. There are some pages that are not getting to some people's phones for up to 15 minutes after a page is received. I'm not sure but I think it is Gmail so I am wondering what email servers this program can use so I can try switching it to see if that will correct this problem or do you happen to have any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Justin
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #476 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2012, 8:29 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_medic_533 View Post
Andy,
Can you tell me what email programs the program can use to send the messages out? I am having a lot of trouble with Gmail. There are some pages that are not getting to some people's phones for up to 15 minutes after a page is received. I'm not sure but I think it is Gmail so I am wondering what email servers this program can use so I can try switching it to see if that will correct this problem or do you happen to have any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Justin
I've only ever used gmail, so I can't offer much insight. I know others on here have used other servers, perhaps they could comment. Gmail has seemed to work ok for me so I haven't done any experimentation with others.

Andy
Reply With Quote
  #477 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2012, 8:33 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: White County, Tennessee
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
I've only ever used gmail, so I can't offer much insight. I know others on here have used other servers, perhaps they could comment. Gmail has seemed to work ok for me so I haven't done any experimentation with others.

Andy
Andy,
Thanks for the quick response. What would your opinion be on the problem I am having. Like I had said previously, there are some people that say it takes 15 minutes or longer for them to receive their page on their phone. Do you think it is the email server, the phone company, or that I may have to many people on the system?
Thanks,
Justin
Reply With Quote
  #478 (permalink)  
Old 02-24-2012, 2:40 PM
joseph's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 71
Default can you help with this ?

C:\Program Files\TwoToneDetect>twotonedetect54c_debug
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 131, in <module>
NameError: name 'inv_input_device_indices' is not defined

trying to run the latest release on windows 7 and it will not start up

here is the config file

[Section1]
email_user = emailuserid ;user id to log in to email account used for sending emails
email_pwd = cGFzc3dvcmQ= ;password to log into email account used for sending emails encoded in base64
email_server = smtp.gmail.com ;SMTP server address of email provider
email_port = 587 ;port to access email server with
record_seconds = 30 ;number of seconds of audio to record after a valid tone set is found
record_delay = 6 ;number of seconds to wait after a tone set is found before starting to record
tone_tolerance = .02 ;tolerance of tone detection algorithm 1% = .01
input_device_index = 0 ;index of audio input device
output_device_index = 0 ;index of audio output device
audio_threshold = 54 ;threshold of audio squelch. audio signals below this level will be ignored
playback_during_record = 1 ;1 = audio will be played back during recording, 0 = audio will not be played back during recording (silent record)
tone_offset = 0 ;tone offset in percentage. .01 = +1% tone offset, -.02 = -2% tone offset, etc.
scanner_port = none ;serial port used to control scanner
scanner_baud = 38400 ;baud rate of serial port used to control scanner
control_scanner = 0 ;1 = control Uniden scanner using serial port, 0 = do not use serial port for scanner control
mp3_bitrate = 32000 ;bit rate of mp3 encoder. Lower bitrate = smaller file size and lower audio quality
__________________
JOE
Reply With Quote
  #479 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2012, 11:26 AM
chad3405's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_medic_533 View Post
Andy,
Thanks for the quick response. What would your opinion be on the problem I am having. Like I had said previously, there are some people that say it takes 15 minutes or longer for them to receive their page on their phone. Do you think it is the email server, the phone company, or that I may have to many people on the system?
Thanks,
Justin
Is every one having the delay problem or just a few? If it is everyone try checking your internet connection or cleaning out your out box something may be stuck and trying to resend over and over. Also make sure that all of the code in the mail list in TTD is correct, like commas and spacing.

-Chad3405
Reply With Quote
  #480 (permalink)  
Old 02-26-2012, 11:33 AM
chad3405's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 30
Default

Also I was wondering why when using TTD to text cell phones you always receive the message from a different number.
Example last text I got was from 14100000171 and the one before that from 14100000170
but when I open the text it says that its from my email address. Is this something that TTD does or Gmail. I have had a few people that would like to set up a contact and ring tone for the pages but with the changing number it’s not possible.
Any suggestions?

-chad3405
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
twotonedetect

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions