RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 9:50 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Andy,
where would be the best location to place the folder, just on the c drive?
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2012, 6:35 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default texting to Sprint

Does anyone have a good address to MMS to sprint phones? Everyone that I have tried has striped the audio from the message. Thanks.
Joe
Old 04-28-2012, 8:02 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by silfam1 View Post
Does anyone have a good address to MMS to sprint phones? Everyone that I have tried has striped the audio from the message. Thanks.
Joe
I have the two below. But I don't have any Sprint users.

Sprint (PCS) number@messaging.sprintpcs.com (SMS)
Sprint (PCS) number@pm.sprint.com (MMS)

"911 - a number we'll always remember"
"9-11-2001 - a date we'll never forget"
Old 04-28-2012, 8:12 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I remember reading someplace it's not good to have a lot of tone sets in your list something about slowing it down I think ( I am a newbee to this. My question is what is a lot? I have 26 tone sets in my county, right now just using 10 tone sets with some audio problems at times. I would like to add more.
Also dose it matter how many phone numbers listed for each tone set?
Thanks.
Eddie KC2PPE

"911 - a number we'll always remember"
"9-11-2001 - a date we'll never forget"
Old 04-28-2012, 1:21 PM

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this. I have read through the thread to see if i could fix this issue by myself. I am at the point to say forget it. I have a server 2003 at work and Version 21 works flawlessly. I have a server 2003 at the fire hall and it does not. I am working on tryng to get the newest version of Python running on this extra XP Pro box that I have but it will not execute. The hour glass comes up but then disapears. Same with if i use the comand prompt.. I have tried looking at the configs and followed all instructions to the "T". Is there anyone that may be able to help me?????????
Sponsored links
Old 04-28-2012, 10:24 PM

Did you copy the directory from the working server or do a clean install? What happens when you load the debug from a command prompt? I would expect that you would get something...
Old 04-29-2012, 10:25 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I am trying to upgrade to v55 but I am having issues, I get everything downloaded and then when I go to run the program it doesn't start any pointers as to what I am doing wrong. I am running v53a with no issues
Old 04-30-2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrick1973 View Post
I am trying to upgrade to v55 but I am having issues, I get everything downloaded and then when I go to run the program it doesn't start any pointers as to what I am doing wrong. I am running v53a with no issues
What happens when you load the debug from a command prompt? I would expect that you would get something...
Old 04-30-2012, 2:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The tones.cfg that got uploaded with v55 was missing the Longtonelength parameter. This is probably the reason some people can't get it to start. If you're not using long tones, just delete the sample long tone from the tones.cfg file or add Longtonelength = 7 to it.

I thought I had uploaded a fixed version some time ago but I double checked again today and apparently the upload didn't work. I redid it today, so it should be fine now if you want to re-download and try again.

Andy
Sponsored links
Old 05-01-2012, 7:56 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC2PPE View Post
I have the two below. But I don't have any Sprint users.

Sprint (PCS) number@messaging.sprintpcs.com (SMS)
Sprint (PCS) number@pm.sprint.com (MMS)
I found that Sprint phones want the .amr file type. They will strip the mp3 from the text.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:07 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have the program up and running with just a couple of minor glitches. One is a problem with a particular stack page, the two Departments have the same AB tone frequencies just reversed. When they are stacked the program only records the second departments page.

Department A - 1122.5 / 1153.4

Department B - 1153.4 / 1122.5

I do know that the stack delay time is .5 seconds between the two sets of AB tones coming from Dispatch.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 05-02-2012, 10:15 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcpd3526 View Post
I have the program up and running with just a couple of minor glitches. One is a problem with a particular stack page, the two Departments have the same AB tone frequencies just reversed. When they are stacked the program only records the second departments page.

Department A - 1122.5 / 1153.4

Department B - 1153.4 / 1122.5

I do know that the stack delay time is .5 seconds between the two sets of AB tones coming from Dispatch.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Are you running version 55? This situation may be a little tricky to get right, but it should be doable, you may have to play with some of the parameters a bit. What is the length of each tone (actual), and what do you have the Btonelength and Btonedebounce set to for each tone set in the program? You might need to tweak the Btonelength a bit. Use .2 second increments when making adjustments.

Does it catch Department A when it gets paged alone?

Andy
Old 05-04-2012, 6:46 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default two tone detect

is there a way to stop it from sending 3 pages of the same call at once. for one tone i would like it to wait a minute or so?

thanks,
matt
Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Any progress on the linux version?
Old 05-04-2012, 5:11 PM

ok...it looks like it is recording the tone out as a wave file...but it is not converting it to MP3.....so it is getting an error.....and I put ffmpeg in like it said to do

anyone have any idea?
Sponsored links
Old 05-04-2012, 9:26 PM

ok I dropped in a fresh copy of FFmpeg and now it is sending e-mails......must have been some sort of issue with it........but have a different issue I am working with now

I am running the newest which is 55A i think....it is recording and sending twice......

here is the issue our tone table is very close....we have two tone......so I am just having it look for the long tones because it is not detecting our high tone right.......

any ideas anyone?
Old 05-07-2012, 1:00 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Random question: has anyone tried to run TTD on Windows XP Embedded, on a thin client?
Old 05-07-2012, 2:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2kvy View Post
Random question: has anyone tried to run TTD on Windows XP Embedded, on a thin client?
I've thought about trying but have never gotten to it...I'm not optimistic it would work but give it a shot and let us know.

Andy
Old 05-08-2012, 1:53 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessebelanger View Post
Any progress on the linux version?
I have TTD running on Ubuntu, but I'm still working out some issues. Since Linux normally has Python installed, you can run the .py file but you'll need to have a few extra modules installed (pyaudio, iniparse, ttk, etc.). Once I get it running correctly I'll try to build a standalone application for Linux...not timeline on that though.

Andy
Old 05-08-2012, 1:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2kvy View Post
I tried this briefly last night (running TTD off of a USB stick) and it didn't work for lack of RAM.

Andy

Tags
twotonedetect