RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 5:11 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Damn. That'd be ideal.
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2012, 3:12 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have done everything I have found here in the forum but still can not get the new program to start up. It is version 55a and will not start from command prompt or double clicking. I have put the ffmpeg.exe in with it as directed in instructions. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. Any help?

Shack: Realistic Pro-52, Bearcat 155, Motorola Minitor V, Radio Shack Pro-106, Radio Shack Pro-197, Radio Shack Pro-151
Old 05-09-2012, 8:04 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Error message that I was able to capture:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "(string)", line 104, in {module}
File "D:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect551_debug\ outPYZ1.pyz/base64", line 76, in b64decode
TypeError: Incorrect Padding

Shack: Realistic Pro-52, Bearcat 155, Motorola Minitor V, Radio Shack Pro-106, Radio Shack Pro-197, Radio Shack Pro-151
Old 05-10-2012, 1:15 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox4life View Post
Error message that I was able to capture:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "(string)", line 104, in {module}
File "D:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect551_debug\ outPYZ1.pyz/base64", line 76, in b64decode
TypeError: Incorrect Padding
Are you editing your config.cfg file manually? If so, don't. Use the original config.cfg file that came with the download, start the program, and then edit it from within the program. The error you're getting is related to how the email password is stored in that file. Usually this is caused by a manual edit.

Andy
Old 05-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Global DB Admin/Senior Mod
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Is a BC780XLT too old to work with the scanner control part of the program?

Sorry but I don't accept PM's. Please use email instead.
Sponsored links
Old 05-13-2012, 11:32 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlong View Post
Is a BC780XLT too old to work with the scanner control part of the program?
Yes, it uses an older control protocol.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Global DB Admin/Senior Mod
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Drat!

I was hoping to use an old one to replace the current uncontrollable scanner I've got doing the job now.

Guess I'll keep my eyes open for a cheap controllable scanner at Dayton next week.

Sorry but I don't accept PM's. Please use email instead.
Old 05-13-2012, 1:21 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Does anyone know of a program that will open, sound an alert tone or two, and then close? I'd like to use it as a station alert with TTD using the alert_command parameter, and I'd rather not program it myself if I can help it.

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2012, 5:11 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

I am getting a bunch of false trips lately. Using v55. One was during feedback so I am assuming the freqs of the feedback must have been close to the actual tones. Anyone else having similar issues?
Old 05-14-2012, 7:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by silfam1 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

I am getting a bunch of false trips lately. Using v55. One was during feedback so I am assuming the freqs of the feedback must have been close to the actual tones. Anyone else having similar issues?
I have had a false trip during feedback also. My debug file shows alot of a tone found, so maybe increasing your b tone length a touch might help. I'm using v52.
Old 05-14-2012, 7:10 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Ok I will try that. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-15-2012, 5:52 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

With v55a I am getting a new, strange error. During my county's nightly tone test, TwoToneDetect crashes. I end up with a white box instead of the typical TTD window and (Not Responding) in the header. Also, no further pages are received.

Also strangely - The two feeds I provide using the same system go offline as soon as TTD crashes. Not sure why that is, but it has been consistent for the past few nights.

To fix both TTD and my feeds, I have to reboot the machine. I can't just kill TTD and restart it as it never comes back up, and Debug mode has been no help (when restarting it, at least).

I'm assuming it's because the large number of stacked tones/pages that are coming in, but I can't say for certain.

Andy/All - Any idea how I might go about figuring out what's causing this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:58 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblboy54 View Post
I would love to have the ability to specify for twotonedetect to listen specifically to either the right or left channel on the line-in port. Currently I am using this program on the same machine that I am using to broadcast scanner feeds to RR and my set up is a stereo stream with two different frequencies on each. For the most part it seems to work ok but I could see if a tone is on channel 1 at the same time someone is talking on channel 2 it may mess up the frequency that the program is detecting.
I echo this, though I am unsure if it has yet been addressed. I run both my feeds off the same audio port, but I want TTD to focus exclusively on the LEFT channel (thus recording mono audio and emailing a single-channel audio file).

Is this in the works??
Old 05-20-2012, 10:10 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default TTD occasionally not sending emails

Hi Andy/all,
Twice yesterday TTD didn't send out the emails. It stated page received but did not proceed to the point where it sent the emails. It has never done this before. I am using v55, win7. We use only 1 two tone set. The only change I have done is set the debounce to 1 after a couple of false trips. It has been working flawlessly since we started using it approx 5 weeks ago. Does anyone have any ideas? Do I need to provide the debug screen? Thanks for a great program! Everyone loves it. We have approx 50 members who receive it. Thanks.
Joe
Old 05-25-2012, 11:00 AM

Default Excited to try this

Hi Andy,

I'm excited to try your software out. We are in Monroe, Maine, and trying to find an economic means of integrating notification systems without requiring an update to the dispatch system. This pager tone approach sounds like a great way to do it.

Nice move on porting it into python! I dont have a lot of python experience myself, but I'm sure that I can figure it out. I might even want to port this to Node.js. Ever think of putting the code up on github? I see that you already have it on Sourceforge.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Sponsored links
Old 05-25-2012, 11:16 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Do what the rest of us do and buy a ton of those $.99 USB soundcards off Ebay and do it properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmars0x View Post
I echo this, though I am unsure if it has yet been addressed. I run both my feeds off the same audio port, but I want TTD to focus exclusively on the LEFT channel (thus recording mono audio and emailing a single-channel audio file).

Is this in the works??
Old 05-28-2012, 8:40 PM

I downloaded the program and have gotten it to work fine on my laptop with Windows XP, but my desktop with vista the program runs but it will not pick up any audio, I have my line in set as default, and when sound comes across I see it working on the computer's line in visual but the program is not picking it up. Also my department's tones are 847.5 for A and 727.5 for B, watching the program numerous times it shows A tone as 844 and B tone 725 so if I switch the tones to those in the config file, set btonelength at 3, btonebounce to 2 and tone tolerance to 0.0% I should not get any false trips correct? It works now using the actual tones but I get false trips after the initial tones from just the dispatcher talking. Thanks
Old 06-01-2012, 12:17 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliby19 View Post
With v55a I am getting a new, strange error. During my county's nightly tone test, TwoToneDetect crashes. I end up with a white box instead of the typical TTD window and (Not Responding) in the header. Also, no further pages are received.

This has been a consistent problem over the past few weeks. I am having to reboot my system at least once per day to fix TwoToneDetect and my RR feeds, which is getting to be quite annoying :-(

Now, it doesn't seem to have any sort of pattern to it. I can go 12 hours with no issues, or have this happen right after firing up TTD, which is what happened just now. I rebooted my machine and a tone set was detected. The email with recorded audio got sent just fine, but something crashed TTD right after that (along with my RR feeds).

Most recently it crashed after detecting this tone set: 879/928.1. Figured it might help to potentially recreate the issue, although I don't think it's limited to just this one tone set. I'll keep digging to see what I can find out. If anyone has any other thoughts or ideas, please let me know.

Last edited by aliby19; 06-01-2012 at 12:30 AM..
Old 06-02-2012, 9:47 PM

I keep getting a crash on ffmpeg, geting error
unhandles exception in thread started by <function alert at 0x031A68B0>
Traceback <most recent call last>:
File "<string>", line 469 in alert
File "<string>", line 301, in mail
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/Mascoutah_Fire_2012-06-0221_39_54_394000.mp3'

in the audio file only thing that shows up is .wav files, is no .mp3 files
Old 06-02-2012, 10:23 PM

Well on my last two post, I deleted then re installed the program and it's picking up the scanner off the line in. And the ffmmeg.exe file I downloaded the file prior to the latest and it is working just fine now, the latest doesn't work om my computer with Vista. Thanks

Tags
twotonedetect