RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 2:42 AM
wizard of odd
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

I still cannot get any sound from the speakers during recording. It's like the little check box won't work.
Sponsored links
Old 06-22-2012, 10:43 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
What Ken said. It's most likely having trouble parsing the tones.cfg file. Probably some simple formatting issue with the emails that were added. Open a command prompt window, navigate to the directory, and run the _debug.exe version of the program...that should tell you what the error is.

Andy
Thank you, I tried running debugger but i will try it with the error check, i'll get back to you.
Old 06-24-2012, 1:18 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Attaching audio files to e-mail

We are trying some pretty awesome things using your two tone detect, but of course, that means we come across some problems. Solved most, but still have one pressing one that we cannot figure out. Hoping somewhere here may have some ideas.

The two tone detect receives the tone, records correctly, sends it to cell phones correctly, and sends it to emails. The problem lies in that it's attaching it (via gmail) as an application file, and not directly an audio file.

I'm using a cron to search a specified e-mail account, upload the audio file, and then post it on a website. The problem is that when it locates the e-mail sent from two tone detect, it doesn't see the mp3 file as an audio file, but I can download the file and send it directly and it works.

It seems to be the way two tone detect attaches files to gmail. Any ideas?
Old 06-24-2012, 5:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenla02 View Post
We are trying some pretty awesome things using your two tone detect, but of course, that means we come across some problems. Solved most, but still have one pressing one that we cannot figure out. Hoping somewhere here may have some ideas.

The two tone detect receives the tone, records correctly, sends it to cell phones correctly, and sends it to emails. The problem lies in that it's attaching it (via gmail) as an application file, and not directly an audio file.

I'm using a cron to search a specified e-mail account, upload the audio file, and then post it on a website. The problem is that when it locates the e-mail sent from two tone detect, it doesn't see the mp3 file as an audio file, but I can download the file and send it directly and it works.

It seems to be the way two tone detect attaches files to gmail. Any ideas?
You're right, it's attaching the file as "application/octet-stream" rather than "audio/mpeg". Shoot me a PM with your email address...I'll build a new version that changes that and send it to you. Let me know how it works, and if it's good, I'll release it in the next version.

Andy
Old 06-24-2012, 9:20 PM

I cannot get this thing to work. I must not have all the programs or codecs to get it to work. Is there a list of what I have to download to get it to work. Maybe a tutorial to downloading it from scratch?
Sponsored links
Old 06-24-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrevilletater View Post
I cannot get this thing to work. I must not have all the programs or codecs to get it to work. Is there a list of what I have to download to get it to work. Maybe a tutorial to downloading it from scratch?
https://sites.google.com/site/radioe...twotoneprogram
Old 06-24-2012, 11:56 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Also, see post #660 above. Do what it says, post the error here and we'll try to help. Or start another thread saying how much you hate the program, that might help too

Andy
Old 06-25-2012, 1:27 PM

Andy, when I posted that I hate this program, it is because I worked with it for 7 straight days 5 hours a day, I cannot get it to work. Also post 660 gives me no help. I read a post that said you have to download several support programs. On your site to download the actual program it has no information about downloading python, LAME, or any other support program. A list of these programs would be helpful.

Last edited by antrevilletater; 06-25-2012 at 1:33 PM..
Old 06-25-2012, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Andy, when I posted that I hate this program, it is because I worked with it for 7 straight days 5 hours a day, I cannot get it to work. Also post 660 gives me no help. I read a post that said you have to download several support programs. On your site to download the actual program it has no information about downloading python, LAME, or any other support program. A list of these programs would be helpful.
Did you look at the link I posted for you? It has everything you need, including a video from VE3NSV showing you each step.

The only thing that you need separate from the application download is ffmpeg.exe, which again is provided in the information. Setup takes only a few minutes (assuming you know your tones).

If there is a specific problem that you are running into, I am sure that many people here would be glad to help, but we will need details - Your OS, output from the debug command (must run from command line), copy of your tones.cfg, etc...
Sponsored links
Old 06-26-2012, 7:36 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Smile Can't PM you ...

Andy,

Radio Reference won't let me send you an e-mail, apparently I don't have permissions for that yet. So, I'm just going to post a temporary address here that we can use to communicate with to start. Hopefully you get it. And thanks for all you do on this incredible program!

twotonedetect@lisbonemergency.com.

- Larry

Quote:
You're right, it's attaching the file as "application/octet-stream" rather than "audio/mpeg". Shoot me a PM with your email address...I'll build a new version that changes that and send it to you. Let me know how it works, and if it's good, I'll release it in the next version.

Andy
Old 06-26-2012, 12:04 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Is there any way you could add an option to minimize to the system tray?
Old 06-26-2012, 1:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Just wanted to drop a note to say thanks for the programming efforts! I discovered your program, downloaded and had it successfully running in under 30 minutes, including a coffee break.

Awesome stuff! I too, am interested in the outcome of the audio file attachment experiment, as I discovered the same problem as our other colleague.

Cheers!
Jeff.
Old 06-27-2012, 8:40 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Hi Andy

I have a suggestion for your next version and I apologize if it has already been suggested. But in the next version could you add a check box to make the outgoing emails and text a high priority? I demo'd a paid canned software that had this option and it worked pretty slick. Again thanks for working so hard for this great product.
Joe
Old 06-29-2012, 12:28 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default What is your Distribution method??

Hi All,

First to Andy- thanks for the hard work. it is awesome, volunteer response is up 30%!

My issue is not with the software as much as management of it and the distribution list for each tone out. I am always having to use a txt editor to find and delete people then add people, i am wondering what tricks others are using? any remote/automated ideas?

I was looking to use a batch file or a sql database to edit the file but just can't work out the kinks, anyone using a website to admin their list? any one using other distribution sites/lists?

Don't want to hijack the thread but it may help alot of people if we can all share

thanks for any ideas/helps
Old 06-29-2012, 4:07 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Alright, quick question. Our two local LE agencies use separate tones to alert for a Code-3 event (accident, robbery, assault, etc), the local PD using Two-Tone and the Sheriff uses a Hi-Lo alert (something like 1080Hz/440Hz) similar to this video: Zetron model 25 tone encoder second video - YouTube at approx. 1:10 (only it repeats itself 5 times). I tried a recording and played with the A/B settings to get it to pick it up, but no luck. Can anyone help me?
Sponsored links
Old 06-29-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman977th View Post
Alright, quick question. Our two local LE agencies use separate tones to alert for a Code-3 event (accident, robbery, assault, etc), the local PD using Two-Tone and the Sheriff uses a Hi-Lo alert (something like 1080Hz/440Hz) similar to this video: Zetron model 25 tone encoder second video - YouTube at approx. 1:10 (only it repeats itself 5 times). I tried a recording and played with the A/B settings to get it to pick it up, but no luck. Can anyone help me?
I do not think you are going to be able to capture these tones as you are hoping. I have tried a number of settings, and though I can catch the A tone, the B tone is just to short. Even if you were to find the perfect timing, you would have to have a radio\scanner on a dedicated channel for sure. Even the slightest of***e in timing would cause you to miss. I would also expect that you would see a ton of false tones during speech on the channel

I believe that these short tones are designed sole as an attention grabber and not as automatic trigger.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaskie View Post
Hi All,

First to Andy- thanks for the hard work. it is awesome, volunteer response is up 30%!

My issue is not with the software as much as management of it and the distribution list for each tone out. I am always having to use a txt editor to find and delete people then add people, i am wondering what tricks others are using? any remote/automated ideas?

I was looking to use a batch file or a sql database to edit the file but just can't work out the kinks, anyone using a website to admin their list? any one using other distribution sites/lists?

Don't want to hijack the thread but it may help alot of people if we can all share

thanks for any ideas/helps
I'm not sure how much help this will be, but there are a lot of free INI editor programs out there that can be used to edit the tones.cfg file. Some good examples are:

http://www.mitec.cz/Downloads/INIEdit.zip

and:

ini-settings-editor - A Windows GUI Editor for INI Files - Google Project Hosting

There may be others that are better. This doesn't really allow for remote access and isn't specific to TwoToneDetect, but they do provide a decent GUI for editing the tones.cfg file.

Andy
Old 06-29-2012, 12:18 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmaples View Post
I believe that these short tones are designed sole as an attention grabber and not as automatic trigger.
Ken is correct. The various "warble" , "sweep", and "hi/lo" tones are attention getters only, and aren't designed to set off pagers or other devices.

Andy
Old 06-29-2012, 12:43 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Ken is correct. The various "warble" , "sweep", and "hi/lo" tones are attention getters only, and aren't designed to set off pagers or other devices.

Andy
I know they're just attentino getters, but I was hoping I would be able to hear when they get called to run Code 3 to an incident. Like I said, I can do it with the city PD, just not with the Sheriff.
Old 07-03-2012, 4:41 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Thumbs up Thank you

Andy,

Just a big thank you for the creation and support you have given with this software. I think I speak for most of us here by saying you have improved FD and emergency service response times and assisted department comunications in ways that they might have said thanks for. Thanks to your software my department can cut back on purchasing new pagers do to "narrowbanding" and utilize what you have produced. Again "Thank you " and keep up the good work.

Tags
twotonedetect