RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 8:42 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoward64 View Post
We are working to install TwoToneDetect in our local dispatch center and were wondering if anyone has created a script that you can remotely update the tones.cfg and config.cfg files.
I've been playing around with this for a while. I had written a couple of batch scripts that downloaded updates from an FTP server, but that got to be pretty unstable, so I stopped that. The easist way to do this, I've found, is to set up a Dropbox account and run TTD from there. That way when you update either cfg file, the changes automatically propogate to the remote computer.

You have to add a scheduled task to restart TTD. I have mine restarting at 0300, since that seems to be a farily low traffic time.
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2012, 9:58 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default v56 Released

I just posted version 56, which makes the "Record During Playback" selectable by tone set. It also attempts to improve the scanner control features. Feedback on that would be appreciated for those that have tried it in the past and found it to not work well.

Version 56 Relase Notes:
  • Made record during playback configurable per tone set instead of a global setting. A new parameter called record_during_playback can be added to each section of the tones.cfg file. If set to 1, the program will playback the audio for that tone set during recording.
  • Made changes to the scanner control algorithms to improve funtionality. Still may not work perfectly, but should be improved. Feedback appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Last edited by aaknitt; 08-05-2012 at 10:14 PM..
Old 08-05-2012, 10:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmaples View Post
Playback is working great now (WinXP). Can I be a complete jerk and request that an option be added to the config to specify which tones playback? That way I can execute only when DC is toned. I know you do all this work is done in your spare time, and it is much appreciated! For the mean time I am going to run two copies so that only one have playback on the tones I want.

Thank you!
Added in v56.

Andy
Old 08-06-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
Added in v56.

Andy
Man you are awesome. I will get it loaded and tested in the AM.

I just noticed that I can not find a donation like for you. Donations are pretty common for most of the devs in the forums that I waste most of my time in (Android development). I know that donations do not speed up development nor get features implemented, but I would like to at least add to your beer, coffee, or good old rainy day fund.

Do you have PayPal or anything?

Thank you for all the work you do to keep us in the know!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:43 PM

record_during_playback = 1 does not seem to be working. Anyone else?
Sponsored links
Old 08-08-2012, 9:41 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
record_during_playback = 1 does not seem to be working. Anyone else?
Ken,

It should be playback_during_record. Sorry I got dyslexia in the README file! I'll get the README fixed. Sorry for the confusion!

Andy

P.S. if there's a way a moderator can correct the error in post #742 that would be great.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post

It should be playback_during_record.
Working great now!
Old 08-09-2012, 2:06 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I just started messing around with TTD56 seems like a pretty neat program. I wasn't able to get the amr address working. Will try messing with it more tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2012, 5:05 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Is there a FAQ for TTD? I have a few questions and I would like to make sure if there is a FAQ first before I post anything.
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2012, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC2OBW View Post
Is there a FAQ for TTD? I have a few questions and I would like to make sure if there is a FAQ first before I post anything.

There is a ton of information in this thread but I am not sure there is an official FAQ. Have you looked at Andy's site that he linked in the OP? I think everyone here is pretty open to questions though...
Old 08-09-2012, 10:14 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
There is a ton of information in this thread but I am not sure there is an official FAQ. Have you looked at Andy's site that he linked in the OP? I think everyone here is pretty open to questions though...
I have read the info on his site and looked at most of the post regarding version 56. I had to delete and re down load the software a few times I would get it to work and then I would foul something up.

One thing I can not get to work is sending alerts out in amr I'm positive I'm using the right address for my phone. AT&T is my carrier so I'm using mynumber@mms.att.net.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I had to delete and re down load the software a few times I would get it to work and then I would foul something up.

One thing I can not get to work is sending alerts out in amr I'm positive I'm using the right address for my phone. AT&T is my carrier so I'm using mynumber@mms.att.net.
You should not need to redownload. If the app opens and immediately closes try running the debug exe from a command prompt so that you can see the error output. Then it should be a quick fix of the tones file.

Are you receiving an email with the attachment stripped, or nothing at all? Are mp3 alerts working? If you are using gmail, can you see the emails in your sent folder (would have to look at mail.google.com as most mail clients would not be configured to sync this folder)?
Old 08-09-2012, 11:09 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
You should not need to redownload. If the app opens and immediately closes try running the debug exe from a command prompt so that you can see the error output. Then it should be a quick fix of the tones file.

Are you receiving an email with the attachment stripped, or nothing at all? Are mp3 alerts working? If you are using gmail, can you see the emails in your sent folder (would have to look at mail.google.com as most mail clients would not be configured to sync this folder)?
I'm receiving the emails with out a problem. I ran the debug part of the software and it's coming up with "ffmpeg.exe not found,amr email not sent". I do have the ffmpeg file in the directory like it says
Old 08-09-2012, 11:11 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default AMR/Verizon trouble...

Hi all,

Been using TTD for sometime, just put in v55d, and now none of the verizon phones (via amr_Emails) are getting any pages

Any ideas on why? did i miss something? I can't think of why it would do this? I am guessing that the file is too large and is being rejected, but can't confirm.

I like the new features but may have to go back to an old version if i can't get it working..

Dan
Old 08-09-2012, 11:28 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Try running the debug program. My issues seems to be coming from the ffmpeg
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2012, 11:36 PM

I just setup a few amr email alerts so I will let you know what I get also. I believe in 55c a few changes were made (fix for mp3 sampling rate and email header). Wonder if this may be causing the issue.

Dan, what version did you go back to?

Edit - I can confirm that amr files are created and sent on version 56. I did not test to an mms address yet.

Last edited by kenmaples; 08-10-2012 at 12:57 AM..
Old 08-10-2012, 7:25 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Amr failures

Quote:
I just setup a few amr email alerts so I will let you know what I get also. I believe in 55c a few changes were made (fix for mp3 sampling rate and email header). Wonder if this may be causing the issue.

Dan, what version did you go back to?

Edit - I can confirm that amr files are created and sent on version 56. I did not test to an mms address yet.
I just set up v56 this week. I had been running v48 quite successfully. Ran a test this morning sending an amr email to a #####@mms.att.net and it didn't go through, nothing received at all not even a text without an attachment. I haven't had a chance to sort through the debug. The same test went through fine with the mp3 attachment.
Old 08-10-2012, 7:55 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
I just set up v56 this week. I had been running v48 quite successfully. Ran a test this morning sending an amr email to a #####@mms.att.net and it didn't go through, nothing received at all not even a text without an attachment. I haven't had a chance to sort through the debug. The same test went through fine with the mp3 attachment.
v48 used lame.exe to convert the raw recorded WAV file into mp3 format. v49 and later use ffmpeg.exe instead, which you'll have to download and put into the TwoToneDetect folder. Make sure you read through the README.txt file, as there are quite a few other changes from v48 to v56.

Andy
Old 08-10-2012, 7:57 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
I'm receiving the emails with out a problem. I ran the debug part of the software and it's coming up with "ffmpeg.exe not found,amr email not sent". I do have the ffmpeg file in the directory like it says
That's strange. The emails that you're receiving...are the attachments in WAV or MP3 format? Also, do you have the program installed in a directory that you have full read/write privileges for? I'm not sure why the program isn't seeing ffmpeg.exe.

Andy
Old 08-10-2012, 7:59 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaskie View Post
Hi all,

Been using TTD for sometime, just put in v55d, and now none of the verizon phones (via amr_Emails) are getting any pages

Any ideas on why? did i miss something? I can't think of why it would do this? I am guessing that the file is too large and is being rejected, but can't confirm.

I like the new features but may have to go back to an old version if i can't get it working..

Dan
What version have you been using that worked? If it was v48 or prior, you need to get ffmpeg.exe to work with v49 or later.

Andy

Tags
twotonedetect