RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 9:54 PM

Default Trouble with Sound Files

Hi i am new to this twotone and been doing a lot of reading to try to figure out how to fix my problem,

I got the program to e-mail recording but most of it all is dead air every now and then you will here someone talk, What i think i caught it doing is sending it out when there was no tone and 99% of all tone i hear it is not recording, Can someone tell me if i need to adjust some thing ????? all but the e-mail is all the same info.. not sure what i am doing wrong, I get about 5 to 10 e-mails a day and maybe 1 or 2 will being a voice talking over the air but it will not be cause it heard a ton...
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2012, 5:38 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by csavern View Post
Hi i am new to this twotone and been doing a lot of reading to try to figure out how to fix my problem,

I got the program to e-mail recording but most of it all is dead air every now and then you will here someone talk, What i think i caught it doing is sending it out when there was no tone and 99% of all tone i hear it is not recording, Can someone tell me if i need to adjust some thing ????? all but the e-mail is all the same info.. not sure what i am doing wrong, I get about 5 to 10 e-mails a day and maybe 1 or 2 will being a voice talking over the air but it will not be cause it heard a ton...
First of all, check your tones.cfg file. Set the parameters the same as follows but with your tones and emails.

[Tone1]
Atone = 1900.0
Btone = 1700.0
Btonelength = 0
Btonedebounce = 2
Description = TEST 1900 1700 56
mp3_Emails = xxxxxxx@yahoo.com, xxxxxxx@gmail.com
amr_Emails = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net
ignore_after = 60

[Tone2]
Atone = 1900
Btone = 600
Btonelength = 0
Btonedebounce = 2
Description = TEST 1900 600
mp3_Emails = xxxxx@email.com

Delete all the other descriptive stuff and unused tone set entries. Start with Tone1, Tone2, etc. and don't skip or duplicate numbers.

If that doesn't help copy and paste your tones.cfg and config.cfg file contents here so that we can see what you have.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
First of all, check your tones.cfg file. Set the parameters the same as follows but with your tones and emails.

[Tone1]
Atone = 1900.0
Btone = 1700.0
Btonelength = 0
Btonedebounce = 2
Description = TEST 1900 1700 56
mp3_Emails = xxxxxxx@yahoo.com, xxxxxxx@gmail.com
amr_Emails = xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net
ignore_after = 60

[Tone2]
Atone = 1900
Btone = 600
Btonelength = 0
Btonedebounce = 2
Description = TEST 1900 600
mp3_Emails = xxxxx@email.com

Delete all the other descriptive stuff and unused tone set entries. Start with Tone1, Tone2, etc. and don't skip or duplicate numbers.

If that doesn't help copy and paste your tones.cfg and config.cfg file contents here so that we can see what you have.
It sounds like he's having problems with falsing. If that's the case, I'd recommend setting Btonelength to the actual length, not 0. That should help reduce falsing. Also make sure that your scanner squelch and the "audio squelch" setting on the program are set so that the program is only decoding tones when there is actual audio present, not just on noise from the scanner or sound card.

Andy
Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Rasberry Pi

Has anyone tried running TwoToneDetect on a Raspberry Pi? I'd love to get this working, but from what I've read there are still some issues with the USB audio support on the Pi, which is required to work well to get the audio in, so I haven't bought a Pi yet.

Once the USB audio stuff is ironed out I think I could get TwoToneDetect running under Linux...I did it once with some success but haven't messed with it since. Every time I decide to get brave and try Linux it always ends badly, but having such a low-power, cheap way to run TwoToneDetect will make it worth the headaches I think.

Andy
Old 10-12-2012, 4:36 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

does anyone know what to put after the phone number for a verizon iphone?
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2012, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnelson26 View Post
does anyone know what to put after the phone number for a verizon iphone?
@vzwpix.com
Old 10-13-2012, 9:24 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
Has anyone tried running TwoToneDetect on a Raspberry Pi? I'd love to get this working, but from what I've read there are still some issues with the USB audio support on the Pi, which is required to work well to get the audio in, so I haven't bought a Pi yet.

Once the USB audio stuff is ironed out I think I could get TwoToneDetect running under Linux...I did it once with some success but haven't messed with it since. Every time I decide to get brave and try Linux it always ends badly, but having such a low-power, cheap way to run TwoToneDetect will make it worth the headaches I think.

Andy
Yep, I have tried this with a Creative X-Fi Go. It seemed like the USB audio was working OK (driver appeared to be functioning and the interface showed up properly in the list). If my memory serves me correctly, there were a few simple issues in the Python script related to sample rate. Got those changed and then I started getting buffer overrun errors. I ran out of time at that point and have not picked it back up.

I was actually thinking it would be cool to have a very simplified version to run on these small form factor SBCs.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:10 PM

I am still not recording right still getting dead air and it is not catching the tones.. I hear the tones but it dont start recording, I understand it is because i do not have those tones listed in the tones file so what i am wondering if someone has a list of most tones i can just add cause i do not know much about tones or how they work
Old 10-14-2012, 9:55 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default WAV Files

Just recently upgraded to the newest version of TwoTone Detect due to moving it to another computer.

The old version was uploading everything in an MP3 format, and then we had a separate plugin that sensed the e-mail and uploaded it directly to our website in the MP3 format, which then got added directly to an imbedded audio player.

The newest version though is uploading the files in a .wav format which isn't loading cleanly into our imbedded player. I still have the e-mail address that it is uploads from in the MP3 line, but it continues to send the file as an .wav file.

Any ideas why that might be and how to fix it?
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2012, 5:14 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Frenla02, check to make sure you have the ffmpeg.exe file in the same directory as Two Tone Detect.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:06 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
I haven't, but I plan on purchasing a Pi very shortly. A compact, low-power computer running a version of TTD would be ideal for sure!
Old 10-15-2012, 8:06 PM

Has anyone had emails not send?

Today was the first day using Two Tone Detect - I had been using Safe Alert

The first 4 pages worked great - and said email sent in the status window in two tone detect , the next 5 were recieved and recorded but no email sent.

Why does this happen, is there something im doing wrong, weird that it worked for the first 4 pages today
Old 10-15-2012, 8:21 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyj77 View Post

The first 4 pages worked great - and said email sent in the status window in two tone detect , the next 5 were recieved and recorded but no email sent.

Why does this happen, is there something im doing wrong, weird that it worked for the first 4 pages today
Were all nine for the same tone set or was this for several different tone sets?
Old 10-15-2012, 8:42 PM

Its just two tone sets - i uploaded two pics so you can see that this afternoon it sent the tones to email but then this evening it never sent the email.s
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2012, 10:21 PM

Are both audio input and output suppose to be microsoft sound mapper ???? reason i asked i selected my input my scanner is on and my output for my speakers, Did i do this wrong ???
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2012, 4:34 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Its just two tone sets - i uploaded two pics so you can see that this afternoon it sent the tones to email but then this evening it never sent the email.s
Take the ampersand (&) out of the tone name. TTD doesn't like special caracters
Old 10-16-2012, 5:33 AM

csavern, mine has been working fine that way, if you watch the two tone detect tutorial on youtube, you can leave it like that unless you are running multiple scanner feeds in, which i will be dong as soon as i get my other sound card

dc31 I will try that thanks
Old 10-16-2012, 8:20 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

Open up TTD with the debug window if you haven't already. This will show more details as the software processes and more importantly show errors.
I have also removed special characters and spaces from names, TTD seems to work better without them.

Looks like our county is getting wired up.
Old 10-16-2012, 8:47 AM

I removed the % charcters last night. Had a page for Station 3 paged out twice got both pages via text with audio attachment.

I was wondering if I didn't hgt them last night becuase they were all paged so close together and the software was ignoring them? Figured maybe I had a email setting wrong and the email config settings and it was ignoring sending the email

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2012, 9:58 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
I removed the % charcters last night. Had a page for Station 3 paged out twice got both pages via text with audio attachment.

I was wondering if I didn't hgt them last night becuase they were all paged so close together and the software was ignoring them? Figured maybe I had a email setting wrong and the email config settings and it was ignoring sending the email

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
I'm not sure what happens when you get another set of tones right away and your possibly still recording the first set. I was testing with Leeds and 1000 Fire for a bit and TTD missed my departments pages when Leeds was paged first and then my dept was paged after the Leeds message was complete. But I'm still using vers 52. There has been a lot of work done around stacked paging in newer versions. Were these stacked pages? Check the ignore time also when there's been a page you can ignore if there's another right after.

Tags
twotonedetect