RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 5:01 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Hello gents
If I may chime in we are noticing fairly regular delays with AT&T as well. But it seems to affect only certain members, not others with the same carrier which is really odd. You would think that if you have the same carrier and most likely using the same cell tower they would all receive the messages. Perhaps it's the way the individual phones work. Thanks.
Joe
Sponsored links

Old 11-21-2012, 7:38 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman977th View Post
I checked with most everyone, and they havent noticed anything out of the ordinary. Only other problem I'm having is my friend, who has 3 departments sent to him, only gets 8 second recordings, not the full 90 seconds...
I experienced this same issue when I upgraded my Galaxy S3 from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jellybean. My MMS messages started coming through with only 8 seconds of audio instead of the 30 that I record and send out. Through some research on my own, and searching the android boards, I determined that the 8 second cutoff is a flaw in the android text program and it putting it into some type of slideshow.

There is a really easy fix for this. Download the 'Handcent MMS' app and use that for text messaging on an android phone instead of the stock messaging. The audio messages will come through in the correct length that they are recorded in and not 8 seconds. Handcent is also alot better text program as it has many more options that the stock one.
Old 11-21-2012, 9:43 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Google Groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlnorth View Post
I'm using Google Groups to manage my subscriber list. Everyone gets the pages except Verizon customers. I have tried sending them using vtext.com and vzwpix.com, and neither work. Every other provider that I have sent pages to gets them most of the time, but the Verizon people haven't received any that have been sent from Google Groups.

I have pulled up some of the archived pages and sent them directly from my Gmail account to the Verizon phones, using the vzwpix.com gateway, and those were received fine. It appears as though this is an issue with Verizon blocking Google Groups emails.

Just wondering if other people have run into similar problems and what you did, if anything, to get it corrected.
I am have the exact same problem too. I agree that it appears to be an issue with Verizon blocking Google Groups emails. I tried to call Verizon and get someone higher up in network tech support, but got no where with them. Wish it would work, because it would make it so much easier to allow departments to edit their subscriber list. Has anyone figured a different a way to send the pages to one email address, then the departments can go to a website that they can manage their members and that auto forwards the page to their members. Like Google Groups does. Thanks for the great program Andy!

Brent

Last edited by bendsley; 11-21-2012 at 9:51 AM..
Old 11-23-2012, 5:01 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

No email sent...

I just set this up and it does recognize the 2 tone... but it is not emailing any file. I'm sure I'm doing something simply wrong, but I need help.

Do I need to have an outlook open & setup... or will TTD automatically send an email through the setup config settings on the monitoring window?
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2012, 5:04 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Photo #2 for my problem
Attached Images

Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2012, 5:27 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Try adding '@gmail.com' on the end of your username in the config file.
You don't need outlook for anything.
-Tim

Last edited by putterizer; 11-23-2012 at 5:30 PM..
Old 11-23-2012, 5:34 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by putterizer View Post
Try adding '@gmail.com' on the end of your username in the config file.
You don't need outlook for anything.
-Tim
I was hoping it was that easy...

But.... no, that did not work.
Old 11-23-2012, 7:14 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian79z View Post
I was hoping it was that easy...

But.... no, that did not work.
A couple more things to try:

1. Edit your config.cfg file and remove the line about running the batch file. You don't need it or want it.

2. Put a space just before your last email address. Emails need to be separated by a comma and a space.

These may not fix it. I suspect a problem with the ./ in the file name but will need to research that one.
Old 11-23-2012, 7:32 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
A couple more things to try:

1. Edit your config.cfg file and remove the line about running the batch file. You don't need it or want it.

2. Put a space just before your last email address. Emails need to be separated by a comma and a space.

These may not fix it. I suspect a problem with the ./ in the file name but will need to research that one.
Sorry, the batch file is run in the tones.cfg file. So edit your tones.cfg to remove the line about alert_command and the one about post_email_command
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2012, 7:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Here is what I have now... Hope this can help you help me.
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2012, 8:15 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

The error appears to be audio related, but I am not sure what the fix is. Hopefully Andy sees this and can shed some light into it.

-Tim
Old 11-23-2012, 8:45 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Sorry for the late response, I've been on vacation all week. It looks like ffmpeg.exe isn't finding the .wav file. Check the /audio directory to see if there are any files there. If not, it's probably a permissions problem. Make sure the program is in a directory that you have read/write access to, such as a folder on the desktop instead of in program files if you're not logged in as an admin.

Andy
Old 11-23-2012, 9:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Ok.. moved the folder to the desktop.

Now the files are recording. But still no email.

So far.. we're getting somewhere.. Still need help!
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2012, 9:18 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Photo #2 for my problem
Your username MUST have the trailing '@gmail.com' in it. That is why it appears to be failing the login now as that is what the error message is for now i think.
Old 11-23-2012, 9:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by putterizer View Post
Your username MUST have the trailing '@gmail.com' in it. That is why it appears to be failing the login now as that is what the error message is for now i think.
I corrected that on post #946.

Thanks for the sharp eye, but we figured that one out a couple of hours ago, ..... hopefully you can help with whatever might be stopping the email right now.
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2012, 9:35 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Ok I just wanted to make sure you didn't remove it after you added it and it didn't work in the prior post. Retry username and password as that is what it looks like is failing now.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:13 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Try without the @gmail.com and see what happens.

Andy
Old 11-24-2012, 1:02 AM

Just downloaded the program and love it so far. Doing testing on it now so hopefully will offer it to some of our members. The only problem im having is sending it to AT&T. We have no other cell provider in area. Ive tried both mms and txt with nothing. Will keep trying.
Old 11-24-2012, 4:26 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
I corrected that on post #946.

Thanks for the sharp eye, but we figured that one out a couple of hours ago, ..... hopefully you can help with whatever might be stopping the email right now.
The error way at the bottom indicates that the problem is now with gmail. I think that i have seen this before when gmail wants you to verify the email address or some such. Try logging into the gmail account normally from a web browser and see if it asks you to verify something. Usually once this is verified, then it will work fine.
Old 11-24-2012, 5:56 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScanWV View Post
Just downloaded the program and love it so far. Doing testing on it now so hopefully will offer it to some of our members. The only problem im having is sending it to AT&T. We have no other cell provider in area. Ive tried both mms and txt with nothing. Will keep trying.
Do your members receive regular text messages on their ATT phones? Try sending from your regular email program to Xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net. If they receve them that way, the problem may lie in your TTD setup. I doubt that it s an ATT problem.

Tags
twotonedetect