RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 8:53 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
Try without the @gmail.com and see what happens.

Andy

Andy:

The program works now and I will be seeing if I have any bugs over the next week.
One thing I have noticed is a 2-5 min lag for Verizon & ATT to send the MMS text. Of course, I don't think it is you.

Suggestion for the next release:
Have the program send a set custom generic text message via email (123-555-1212@vtext.com)
This is so I can have a text sent out that says "XXXXFire Dept Fire page" or "Station 36 Rescue page" or "County weather alert" -- depending on the tone set detected. -- the community would LOVE the generic weather alert text.

Thanks again for a GREAT secondary alert system for members, hobbyists or curious fire/ems members who are out of the area for the day
Sponsored links

Old 11-24-2012, 10:02 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Good to hear you got it working. Sorry for speaking out of turn and saying it must have the @gmail.com on it. I looked at my settings before posting a reply and that is how mine is set up and works so I figured it was a necessity.

I second the thanks for a great program that works.
Old 11-25-2012, 4:29 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Just thought I'd drop in and let everybody know I'm still around and update you guys on my latest project. After a recent computer failure of one machine of many I was running I decided to consolidate everything into one machine with the help of a co-worker and fellow radio enthusiast. I went out and bought a case, ASUS mother board, AMD fx-6100 bulldozer (3.3GHZ x6) and 32GB of Viper RAM and built me a new server running ESXi 5.0 and 5 virtual XP machines.

I was still running V52 which was working great on those older machine but since the upgrade I have been getting some falsing on some of the long tone entries with voice traffic. I just built new configuration files and upgraded to V56 and will obviously report back if I have any issue.

Here's my configuartion so far:

Virtual Machine 1 - Two instances of Two Tone Detect with USB Sound
Virtual Machine 2 - One instance of Two Tone Detect with USB Sound
Virtual Machine 3 - One instance of Two Tone Detect and Proscan with USB Sound and USB to Serial adapter.
Virtual Machine 4 - PDW with USB Sound
Virtual Machine 5 - Weather Display and Acu-Rite 1035 Weather station via USB.

I wish I would have done this years ago! All virtual machines have Logmein which allows me to make changes on the fly with my iPhone.

Anybody else here doing something similar?
Old 11-25-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
Do your members receive regular text messages on their ATT phones? Try sending from your regular email program to Xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net. If they receve them that way, the problem may lie in your TTD setup. I doubt that it s an ATT problem.
I do receive regular text messages. Still not receiving to mms.att.net.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:34 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Question

Hello I have been running two tone detect on my home pc using a scanner and it works great. I am wanting to know if it is possible to run live feed off the same sound card and use the same scanner and computer?
Sponsored links
Old 11-26-2012, 11:57 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf4teo View Post
Hello I have been running two tone detect on my home pc using a scanner and it works great. I am wanting to know if it is possible to run live feed off the same sound card and use the same scanner and computer?
Yes it is, mine is setup to do that. Mine feeds to RR.com / Broadcastify, has TwoToneDetect running, as well as running Scanrec, all on the same machine with the same scanner.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:15 AM
Mentor
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I too am sharing the same input with TTD and ScannerCast. No issues at all.
Old 11-27-2012, 4:32 PM

Hi all,
As I continue to use TTD and learn its capabilities and expand what my department uses it for it has stayed accurate and reliable. But my newest application that I am trying to link with TTD will not accept emails with an attachment.

So is it possible to continue to use TTD and all its functions just as they are but have one email address that receives a plain text alert with no attachment?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I don't add the space between emails on mine. Have you removed them?
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2012, 11:34 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default User Map

Hi everyone,

I thought it would be cool to see where TwoToneDetect is being used, so I added a user map to the very bottom of the website:

https://sites.google.com/site/radioe...twotoneprogram

You can add yourself if you have a google account, or just shoot me an email and I can add your location.

Andy
Old 11-30-2012, 1:42 PM

hi everyone

i was just wondering if you guys might be able to help me with something. I understand how the two tone detect works and i thank you for putting it up. My question is at my fire hall we have a motorola xpr 4550 as our base radio how do you hook this up to the computer to use the TTD.
On our radio you can hear the hi low tones that set the pagers off when a call comes in. The radio is also wired to a back up power source and also our siren as well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. the only open spot on the back of the base radio is a small out put with a small black cover on it right now to keep dust out.. I was also wondering what connectors i would need to hook this into the computer.

thanks for you help
Old 12-01-2012, 11:53 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25)

Line level receive audio can be taken off pins 14 & 16 on the accessory connector. Somebody would need to build you the cable to go from the radio to the PC and you would need to be certain that the radio is programmed for filtered audio of that accessory jack. All in all not too difficult depending on your technical skills.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:28 AM

Hi all,
We have been using TwoTone Detect for over a year now with little to no problem. However about two months ago Verizon cell phones stopped receiving the text messages. I thought it may be because of SPAM Blocks from Verizon but they have confirmed its not. I have confirmed it is not a size or file type issue. It is received on AT&T phones and other carieers no problem. Any ideas? I'm really running out of ideas. Currently the way it works is it sends from an account 'alerts@domainname.com' which goes to a google group 'firealerts@domainname.com' where it is actually sent out. Any ideas?
Old 12-02-2012, 11:40 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25)

Andy can you tell me what the debounce setting does in the tone configuration file? I'm using V56 with the 3 second B tone configuration and I'm still getting some falsing on voice traffic.
Old 12-02-2012, 5:03 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The program takes audio samples that are 200 ms long (5 per second). The debounce parameter tells the program how many consecutive samples have to be of the correct tone in order for it to recognize it as valid. So for example, if you have Btonelength = 3 and Btonedebounce = 4, the program will wait for 2.2 seconds (3 - (4 x .2)), then check four samples in a row to see if they are the correct B tone. If any of those four samples is not the correct tone, it won't trigger as a valid tone. Make sense?

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2012, 11:02 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
The program takes audio samples that are 200 ms long (5 per second). The debounce parameter tells the program how many consecutive samples have to be of the correct tone in order for it to recognize it as valid. So for example, if you have Btonelength = 3 and Btonedebounce = 4, the program will wait for 2.2 seconds (3 - (4 x .2)), then check four samples in a row to see if they are the correct B tone. If any of those four samples is not the correct tone, it won't trigger as a valid tone. Make sense?

Andy
So if I set the debounce parameter to 6 it would wait 1.8 seconds and then check 6 samples at 200ms each to see if they were correct? (3 - 6 x .2) I'm assuming the tone_tolerance value still plays a role in each of the samples? What is the default sample amount and duration if there is no debounce value in the config file?

Last edited by ve3nsv; 12-02-2012 at 11:10 PM..
Old 12-02-2012, 11:15 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve3nsv View Post
So if I set the debounce parameter to 6 it would wait 1.8 seconds and then check 6 samples at 200ms each to see if they were correct? (3 - 6 x .2) I'm assuming the tone_tolerance value still plays a role in each of the samples? What is the default sample amount and duration if there is no debounce value in the config file?
Yep, you got it. Default is no debounce, which means it just waits for Btonelength - .2 seconds and takes one sample. If it's the correct B tone (within the tolerance), it will trigger.

Andy

Old 12-02-2012, 11:31 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Yep, you got it. Default is no debounce, which means it just waits for Btonelength - .2 seconds and takes one sample. If it's the correct B tone (within the tolerance), it will trigger.

Andy
Great thanks Andy! Have you tested with the values much? I know you indicated that the higher the value the greater the chance of missing a page.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:02 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve3nsv View Post
Great thanks Andy! Have you tested with the values much? I know you indicated that the higher the value the greater the chance of missing a page.
I usually use a Btonedebounce value of 2 or 3, but you can play around and see what works best for your setup.

Andy

Old 12-03-2012, 12:05 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
I usually use a Btonedebounce value of 2 or 3, but you can play around and see what works best for your setup.

Andy
Ok I went with 4 and will let you know how it works.

Tags
twotonedetect