RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 4:50 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
My setup does this all the time as one department sends back to back tones for the paid guys and the vollies regularly. Each tone set is recorded and emailed as if it is the only one sent.
ugh.. not what I was wanting to hear.

To elaborate:
Station 1 and Station 2 get toned to help station 3.
The tones occur back to back, but the same voice dispatch is spoken to both departments

I was wondering if TTD would record as 2 separate tone detects and email each station's roster separately.

So what you're saying is that once tone set #1 is detected, it will not detect tone set #2 which happens immediately after tone set #1 is sounded.
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2012, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian79z View Post

To elaborate:
The tones occur back to back, but the same voice dispatch is spoken to both departments

I was wondering if TTD would record as 2 separate tone detects and email each station's roster separately.

So what you're saying is that once tone set #1 is detected, it will not detect tone set #2 which happens immediately after tone set #1 is sounded.
It does what you are wanting. When we get toned out for a RSF we get 6 or so tone sets. Each one is captured and sent individually.

So station 1 folks will get one notification and station 2 folks another. It just so happens to be two recordings of the same audio in your example.

Last edited by kenmaples; 12-05-2012 at 5:04 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 6:27 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:

To elaborate:

kinda hard to explain clearly. Tone set #1 is detected, audio recording is started. Tone set #2 is detected, a second audio recording is started. Each audio recording runs for the set period, say 45 seconds and they emails to the list of addresses entered in TTD for each tone set. So in this example two separate recordings of the same audio message are made; one happens to record Tone set #2 at its beginning. The the two recordings are emailed to independently to the distribution lists for the respective tone sets. yes, as Ken said it will do exactly what you want it to.
Old 12-05-2012, 6:36 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:

To elaborate:

Attached are two mp3 files (zipped) that are the audio from a set of stacked pages, i.e.,
Tone 1, then Tone 2, then audio. Each MP3 file is then emailed to its own distribution list.
Old 12-05-2012, 7:46 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
I tried the google groups setup in the past and gave it up as too much trouble. Somewhere in the archives of this forum a user made mention of running TTD from a dropbox acct. i had never even heard of dropbox. I set up an acct and now run TTD from there. In the past every time someone wanted their number/email changed, it meant a trip to he fire station to fix it. Now i can change them and make other tweaks from my easy chair at home. When i was running the program for only my department it was easy. Then the word got out and now I have around 15 departments in it. Got to be too many trips to the station.

Www.dropbox.com
Hey, that's me! I'm glad that tip worked for you... it's been a lifesaver for me.
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2012, 8:57 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Problem fixed..
please ignore the image

Last edited by alexkaczor; 12-05-2012 at 10:44 PM..
Old 12-07-2012, 8:18 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Added the ones that use the software for the time being to the map.
Old 12-10-2012, 9:40 PM

I am stumped here.
trying to get this to work on my desktop. The problem I am having is when downloading the ffmpeg file it will not allow me to extract it in order to put it in the folder to get the program to work. My desktop is running vista and my laptop is running windows7. I cannot get it to extract on either computer.
Any help or suggestions
i was really hoping to get this running tonight as I got the tone frequecies from my chief today.

Thanks everyone
Old 12-11-2012, 6:12 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Does the account, you are logged in to, own that directory?
Sponsored links
Old 12-11-2012, 6:20 AM

i am following the tutorial that was put up on the page where you get the twotonedetect download.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 AM

Forget my last post. Took it to work and unpacked it there and saved it on a jump drive to take home
Old 12-11-2012, 7:16 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I need help here is the error i am getting.

A Tone Found! 19:12:06
Checking for B Tone 19:12:06
Checking for B Tone2 19:12:08
Tone Set Found! 19:12:08
Minneapolis Fire 19:12:08

delay timer 19:12:08
'c:\test.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
waiting for audio 19:12:09
recording audio 19:12:09
done writing WAV 19:12:51
ffmpeg.exe not found, sending as WAV file instead of mp3
WAV email sent! 19:13:24
ffmpeg.exe not found, AMR email NOT SENT!
'c:\test2.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Old 12-11-2012, 9:19 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

ok got it working.

but i have tones for ems and fire but the are close together and i only want fire tone how do i change the threshold or get the program to only pick the fire tones?

thanks,
matt
Old 12-12-2012, 9:31 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnelson26 View Post
ok got it working.

but i have tones for ems and fire but the are close together and i only want fire tone how do i change the threshold or get the program to only pick the fire tones?

thanks,
matt
What are the tone sets you're trying to separate? Usually it's not an issue using the default tolerances.

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Old 12-12-2012, 10:04 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScanWV View Post
Just downloaded the program and love it so far. Doing testing on it now so hopefully will offer it to some of our members. The only problem im having is sending it to AT&T. We have no other cell provider in area. Ive tried both mms and txt with nothing. Will keep trying.
For those having problems with AT&T, you may try adjusting the MP3 bitrate. Try 48k and see if that helps. If not, try lower.

Andy

Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2012, 4:48 PM

I am using a realistic 400 channel pro 2006 to detect the tones.
the one dept that I have the tone sets for had a call and it didnt detect anything
can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong
i need help on this

Thanks
Old 12-12-2012, 4:57 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky13 View Post
I am using a realistic 400 channel pro 2006 to detect the tones.
the one dept that I have the tone sets for had a call and it didnt detect anything
can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong
i need help on this

Thanks
Yep, you're probably doing something wrong . As to what you're doing wrong, I have no idea, because you haven't told us anything about what your tone settings are or what troubleshooting you've done.

Does the program detect any audio at all? Are you able to generate test tones to feed the program to check your settings? What did the debug window say when it missed the tone set?

Need more info to be able to help.

Andy

Old 12-12-2012, 7:29 PM

sorry about that andy,

i have changed the audio input to the default sound mapper. I did have it on the mic. It was plugged into the mic jac and i have also changed that to the line in. I am now getting audio as when i turn the squelch on the scanner and have it screem the audio input level now really moves towards full green bar.
I did notice that i was not running the debug when i initially started it and i don't have anything that i can put up from the debug that might help.
after restarting the debug and pulling the audio plug on the computer from the scanner the debug came up with an error. So i now know it is working that way

Also now that the debug is running it is listing tone frequencies that are not what i entered for the a and B tones. Is this normal as just part of the scanning of the frequencies.

is there anything else i might be able to put up for help troubleshooting.

andrew
Old 12-12-2012, 8:27 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky13 View Post
sorry about that andy,

i have changed the audio input to the default sound mapper. I did have it on the mic. It was plugged into the mic jac and i have also changed that to the line in. I am now getting audio as when i turn the squelch on the scanner and have it screem the audio input level now really moves towards full green bar.
I did notice that i was not running the debug when i initially started it and i don't have anything that i can put up from the debug that might help.
after restarting the debug and pulling the audio plug on the computer from the scanner the debug came up with an error. So i now know it is working that way

Also now that the debug is running it is listing tone frequencies that are not what i entered for the a and B tones. Is this normal as just part of the scanning of the frequencies.

is there anything else i might be able to put up for help troubleshooting.

andrew
Yeah that's normal. It will display the frequency of any audio it sees, not just a valid tone. So any time someone is talking on the channel you should see some activity in the debug window. If your audio levels are set correctly and your tones are correct, the next thing to check is the Btonelength parameter to make sure it's correct for the tone set you're trying to catch.

Andy

Old 12-12-2012, 8:53 PM

thanks for your help Andy,

i have the btone length set at 3
and the btonebounce set to 0

does that sound accurate

andrew

Tags
twotonedetect