RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1261 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 6:10 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Electra, TX
Posts: 65
Default

ok....thanks for the advise...will give those options a try and continue testing.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #1262 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 6:13 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve0622 View Post
I am testing the 59 version and all is working ok with 1 exception. To monitor, i am using an woxoun uvd1p dual band radio with ems on side A and fire on side B. That has worked out good at capturing the pages for both since they are 2 different frequencies. Took a little tweaking but that end including the volume is working perfect. The issue im having is my email address is set under mp3 for both tones, but when I recieve the message on my galaxy s III, I am receiving the .mp3 and the .amr. There are no email addy's under the .amr. Anyone experiencing the same thing? I can post the log file, but will be later this evening. Currently our fire dept. is using the software from Comtekk, which isnt detecting the tones most of the time, and I can't seem to get anyone from tech support on that issue. We are looking to move our current system from comtekk to TTD if we can get everything configured and operational.
A few comments. First, I'm not familiar with the Wouxoun radio, but if it outputs the A and B sides onto the same audio line (as opposed to a stereo line that you're splitting and running into two different sound cards), you could run into problems if there is radio traffic on both channels at the same time...this could cause missed tones. For another $57 ($50 for another radio and $7 for a USB sound card), you could have another dedicated receiver channel that would increase system reliability.

Second, I'm not sure why you're getting both MP3 and AMR. Something to try would to add a second non-phone email address to the MP3 list. If you only get the MP3 to that address, then I would suspect that your phone provider may be converting the MP3 to AMR for you and sending it since some phones won't play MP3 files. If you get the MP3 and AMR to your email address, then you've found a program bug that I haven't seen and I'll need to investigate further.

Finally, you don't have any email addresses for your Long Tone. Not sure if you knew that or if it was an oversight.

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
  #1263 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 6:36 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
1) Yes, I'm confusing you with the picture. The picture shows an A tone length of .6 seconds.

2) Unlike v58, the program doesn't wait before looking for the Btone. Once the A tone is over, it expects the Btone to begin immediately (with no gap between tones), and it has to be continuously present for the length of Btonelength in order for the alert to be generated.

Andy
Thanks for the clarification. Now I am wondering how your program knows to look a the last 400ms of the A tone. All the tones that i monitor for start with about 500ms of dead air transmission (probably the PL tone?) just prior to the start of the A tone. If the program is calculating where to start looking for the A tone, at what point does it start that calculation, the start of audio or the start of the A tone? In my case those two points are 500ms apart.
Reply With Quote
  #1264 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 6:40 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Electra, TX
Posts: 65
Default

aaknitt:

On the Wouxoun radio, it is just a temporary setup mainly to discover the correct paging tones for all the county wide departments using Audacity, as there is not much traffic on fire and ems currently. After I capture all the correct tones, and test the TTD here at the house, then the TTD will be moved over to the fire dept. computer with a radio to monitor only the fire frequency and the seperate ems computer where the TTD will be monitering only 1 frequency as well. Running the dual band radio with 1 sound card is really only for my benefit to complete this first phase of testing. I do know there is the possibility of missed calls, which is why this setup is not being "activly" used yet.

On the MP3 and AMR deal, I have checked in my sent folder for gmail, and it is just sending the MP3 to my phone, so, im not really sure whats happening there. I have just added an alternate email address under the MP3 tones that I will check to see what it is recieving on my suddenlink email account. I have also added another phone number to the list with a different carrier and different type of phone to test that way out as well.

On the long tone, that was an oversight that i noticed after i posted the config file which has been corrected now as well.

Thanks guys for all the support...for the Comtekk system the fire dept. has been using since august, I have not been able to reach tech support with them since we purchased the liscense from them......kinda crappy tech support for a high priced system....but...this TTD is turning out to be much better and i'm liking this software alot more than the other.
Reply With Quote
  #1265 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 6:44 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Now I am wondering how your program knows to look a the last 400ms of the A tone. All the tones that i monitor for start with about 500ms of dead air transmission (probably the PL tone?) just prior to the start of the A tone. If the program is calculating where to start looking for the A tone, at what point does it start that calculation, the start of audio or the start of the A tone? In my case those two points are 500ms apart.
It doesn't care when the A tone starts. It's continuously sampling audio. In the case of the example in the picture, when it sees a sequence of audio that includes .6 seconds of A tone immediately followed by 2 seconds of B tone, it will generate an alert for that tone set. It doesn't care what comes before or after that audio sequence.

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #1266 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 6:53 PM
gfdfortynine's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Eastern, Ontario
Posts: 239
Default

Where do you set the A tone length? I'm not seeing that option in the editor.

Last edited by gfdfortynine; 01-31-2013 at 7:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1267 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 7:37 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
It doesn't care when the A tone starts. It's continuously sampling audio. In the case of the example in the picture, when it sees a sequence of audio that includes .6 seconds of A tone immediately followed by 2 seconds of B tone, it will generate an alert for that tone set. It doesn't care what comes before or after that audio sequence.

Andy
Gotcha. And the log.txt file lists the freq for each of those 200 ms samples. Set the atonelength to 0.2 and it will look for a btone after detecting the a tone in one sample. Set it to .4 and it will require two a tone samples consecutively before the b tone, etc
Reply With Quote
  #1268 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 9:37 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfdfortynine View Post
Where do you set the A tone length? I'm not seeing that option in the editor.
For now you'll have to manually add that parameter (Atonelength) to the tones.cfg file. If we determine that the v59 algorithm works well, I'll redo the TonesEditor program to add that parameter and remove the debounce ones.

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
  #1269 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 9:38 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
Gotcha. And the log.txt file lists the freq for each of those 200 ms samples. Set the atonelength to 0.2 and it will look for a btone after detecting the a tone in one sample. Set it to .4 and it will require two a tone samples consecutively before the b tone, etc
Yep, you got it.

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #1270 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 9:39 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NE S. Dak
Posts: 92
Default

I have been using 58a for a couple weeks testing and just today decided to try and switch up to ver 59. A little later there was a tone out for a fire dept that uses a longtone of 433.7 for some reason this caused the program to detect and send a message 4 times. Any thought what may have caused that?

I have been using a tone length of 7 and debounce of 3 when I put it back to 58b everything worked fine again.
Reply With Quote
  #1271 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 9:43 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorf411 View Post
I have been using 58a for a couple weeks testing and just today decided to try and switch up to ver 59. A little later there was a tone out for a fire dept that uses a longtone of 433.7 for some reason this caused the program to detect and send a message 4 times. Any thought what may have caused that?

I have been using a tone length of 7 and debounce of 3 when I put it back to 58b everything worked fine again.
Interesting. I knew that could be an issue with the long tones but I thought I had a fix implemented that would prevent it. Were you using the ignore_after parameter at all? The program is supposed to automatically set ignore_after to 10 seconds for a long tone to prevent what you're describing. If you can post or send me your tones.cfg file that would be helpful. Also, your log.txt file if possible.

Thanks,

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
  #1272 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2013, 9:51 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NE S. Dak
Posts: 92
Default

Tones.cfg

[Tone1]
Atone = 368.5
Btone = 539.0
Btonelength = 3
Btonedebounce = 2
Description = Amb
mp3_Emails = "JohnD"<xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com>
exclude_from = 22:00
exclude_to = 07:00
ignore_after = 60



[Longtone1]
Longtone = 433.7
Longtonelength = 7
Longtonedebounce = 2
Description = Fire
ignore_after = 60
mp3_emails = "JohnD"<xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com>,"Grt Sheriff"<xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com>,"Kevin Chief"<xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com>

Log.txt
uccesfully retrieved local tone info
Succesfully retrieved local tone info
Tone1
Longtone1
defaultdict(<type 'list'>, {'Fire': array([ 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7,
433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7,
433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7,
433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7,
433.7, 433.7, 433.7]), 'Amb': array([ 368.5, 368.5, 539. , 539. , 539. , 539. , 539. , 539. ,
539. , 539. , 539. , 539. , 539. , 539. , 539. , 539. ,
539. ])})
defaultdict(<type 'list'>, {'Fire': 1, 'Amb': 0})
247
516
1064
274
494
962
387
360
360
457
838
387
666
252
424
306
768
Reply With Quote
  #1273 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2013, 3:06 AM
eg1451's Avatar    
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2
Default

Can someone confirm that I won't be able to get this working on a Mac?
Reply With Quote
  #1274 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorf411 View Post
Tones.cfg

[Tone1]
Atone = 368.5
Btone = 539.0
Btonelength = 3
Btonedebounce = 2
Description = Amb
mp3_Emails = "JohnD"<xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com>
exclude_from = 22:00
exclude_to = 07:00
ignore_after = 60



[Longtone1]
Longtone = 433.7
Longtonelength = 7
Longtonedebounce = 2
Description = Fire
ignore_after = 60
mp3_emails = "JohnD"<xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com>,"Grt Sheriff"<xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com>,"Kevin Chief"<xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com>

Log.txt
uccesfully retrieved local tone info
Succesfully retrieved local tone info
Tone1
Longtone1
defaultdict(<type 'list'>, {'Fire': array([ 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7,
433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7,
433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7,
433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7, 433.7,
433.7, 433.7, 433.7]), 'Amb': array([ 368.5, 368.5, 539. , 539. , 539. , 539. , 539. , 539. ,
539. , 539. , 539. , 539. , 539. , 539. , 539. , 539. ,
539. ])})
defaultdict(<type 'list'>, {'Fire': 1, 'Amb': 0})
I can't seem to reproduce this issue. I tried running with your parameters and I'm only getting a single email. Can anyone else reproduce this?

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
  #1275 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmaples View Post
Andy,

Has there also been a change in the calculation of the tone tolerance in v59? I have 2 A tones that are very close and when the tolerance is set too high (1%) the tone is incorrectly identified prior to v59. In v59, it actually identified both tone sets (very cool) but it should have only seen one. It seems that my tone tolerance of .5% is not being calculated.

With .5% I expect the A tones to have no over lap:
795 (791.025 - 798.975)
806 (801.97 - 810.03)
Found the issue with this. I had hard-coded a 2% tolerance into v59 for testing and forgot to change it back to being configurable. I just posted a v59a that has a fix for this that should give the correct tolerance.

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #1276 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 61
Default Re: New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
Found the issue with this. I had hard-coded a 2% tolerance into v59 for testing and forgot to change it back to being configurable. I just posted a v59a that has a fix for this that should give the correct tolerance.

Andy
Thank you! The new version is up and running. I will report back after a few tones come in.
Reply With Quote
  #1277 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2013, 8:46 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 354
Default

I apologize if this has been previously asked and answered-

Is there a way to configure TTD to "listen" to the audio output feed going to the computer "speakers" rather than the mic or line input?

In other words, can you configure TTD to monitor a streaming feed from the internet? I have thought about using a patch cable to hardwire the speaker output back into the line input, but I wonder if there is a way to "switch" the audio source in software settings.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #1278 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2013, 11:11 AM
motomeso's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ontario
Posts: 874
Default

It follows the record properties of your sound card so it should be able to. What operating system are you using?



Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoodson View Post
I apologize if this has been previously asked and answered-

Is there a way to configure TTD to "listen" to the audio output feed going to the computer "speakers" rather than the mic or line input?

In other words, can you configure TTD to monitor a streaming feed from the internet? I have thought about using a patch cable to hardwire the speaker output back into the line input, but I wonder if there is a way to "switch" the audio source in software settings.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #1279 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2013, 11:25 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 354
Default

I am using WIndows XP on a pretty "plain vanilla" old Compaq desktop computer
Reply With Quote
  #1280 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Williamsburg, MA
Posts: 5
Default tones editor

Would it be possible to add a print feature into the tone editor part, along with the ability to change entries without having to add and delete to make change's to address.

I'm also wondering if anybody is using follow and for what?

alert_command = c:\test.bat ;Optional parameter. Command to run immediately after the tone is detected

post_email_command = c:\test2.bat ;Optional parameter. Command to run after tone has been detected and emails have been sent

Thanks
J
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
twotonedetect

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions