RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 10:22 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Andy,
Once again, thanks for a great program. Works great, though I am having trouble with it crashing a lot... I know others have said it may freeze after a few days, but I am getting about 6 hours out of it... Randomly it gets a page and freezes - states not responding. Using v58b on Windows 7.. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
-Carsten
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2013, 9:19 PM

I have found if I try to connect to the computer using remote desktop that it will kill the audio on the pc and break the system. I am certain this is a windows problem because when I look for audio devices in RDP they are gone. Then if I go back using something like teamviewer they are back again. May not be your problem but one that I have found with remote administration. Anyone know of a solution to this problem?
Old 02-06-2013, 9:33 PM

Looking for input, who is using USB sound card devices? What brand and model are you using and do you have more than one of them plugged into a PC and do you run more than one copy of the two tone detect software on a single Windows xp or 7 PC? Do you have to do any tricks to make that work?
Old 02-07-2013, 3:32 AM

Has anyone ever had the program catch the tones and do all the stuff is supposed to do and send out the email with the mp3 file attached and then you open the file attachment and its all dead air. Went into the audio file and it is there but again there is nothing but dead air for the duration of the recording.
This is the first time it has done this to me and I have since re booted the computer and restarted the program.
has this happened to anyone else and how did you resolve the issue?

Thanks
Old 02-07-2013, 5:39 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I'm using five sound cards on one machine but its via a EXSi machine with 6 virtual XP machines. I use to do it all on one physical machine but it is quite the PITA to have the same sound cards associate with the right instance of TTD after a reboot but it can eventually be done with some patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorf411 View Post
Looking for input, who is using USB sound card devices? What brand and model are you using and do you have more than one of them plugged into a PC and do you run more than one copy of the two tone detect software on a single Windows xp or 7 PC? Do you have to do any tricks to make that work?
Sponsored links
Old 02-08-2013, 7:14 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Andy,

V59a- I am still having a random issue were the program stops listing to the sound card after is has done its recording and sent the email. I have attached the screen output from the debug.exe the department in the attachment is a department I us for testing only to myself because of it high amount of calls but this also happens with the with the department that I always monitor.

I am also running V56 simultaneously on the same computer and it run flawlessly.

Ed
Attached Files
File Type: txt Debug screen.txt (2.9 KB, 60 views)
Old 02-08-2013, 9:32 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1EO View Post
Andy,

V59a- I am still having a random issue were the program stops listing to the sound card after is has done its recording and sent the email. I have attached the screen output from the debug.exe the department in the attachment is a department I us for testing only to myself because of it high amount of calls but this also happens with the with the department that I always monitor.

I am also running V56 simultaneously on the same computer and it run flawlessly.

Ed
It's encountering some kind of issue with the sound card. Are you sharing a sound card between v56 and v59a or are they different? If they are different, are they different types or the same kind?

Thanks,

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Old 02-08-2013, 12:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
It's encountering some kind of issue with the sound card. Are you sharing a sound card between v56 and v59a or are they different? If they are different, are they different types or the same kind?

Thanks,

Andy
Andy,

They are sharing the same sound card as well as your old V0.24 which I have not taken the masses off that one yet, and K1PGV's scannercast. All have played well together until V59, and only V59 or the V59a program looses its connection to the sound card while the others keep working fine.

Thanks
Ed
Old 02-09-2013, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky13 View Post
Has anyone ever had the program catch the tones and do all the stuff is supposed to do and send out the email with the mp3 file attached and then you open the file attachment and its all dead air. Went into the audio file and it is there but again there is nothing but dead air for the duration of the recording.
This is the first time it has done this to me and I have since re booted the computer and restarted the program.
has this happened to anyone else and how did you resolve the issue?

Thanks
Just wanted to say I solved the no audio issue I had on the email attachment. I started playing around and found that my audio record volume was low at 30 so I increased the audio record volume to 47 and one dept had a pager test today and the audio came through clearer and louder on the playback than it had been previously.
Sponsored links

Old 02-10-2013, 3:28 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Andy I have two instances of TTD V58b running on one of my virtual machines and both instances show no change when I move the squelch level slider beyond when the level indicator is sitting but it's decoding properly. Any ideas why that would be? All other instances on my other virtual machines have the squelch setting functioning properly.
Old 02-10-2013, 6:25 PM

Default Long Tone 5 messages w/59a

Hey Andy, it did it again to me during the pager tests tonight. One of the departments that have a longtone 368.5 the program detected 5x and sent 5 messages.

Tone length set to 7, debounce = 2,
Old 02-10-2013, 6:37 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Hey Andy, it did it again to me during the pager tests tonight. One of the departments that have a longtone 368.5 the program detected 5x and sent 5 messages.

Most long tone lengths are 8 seconds so I would try a 8 second long tone length and increase your debounce setting to 4.
Old 02-10-2013, 8:20 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Having no problems on 58a so far, going to leave it there! Lol. Did anyone have any problems over the weekend with AT&T not sending messages until hours later and sending duplicates? It seems to have been corrected now, but on two earlier structure fires, I didn't receive the alerts until it was too late.

Also, I'm going to try that Pushover application. I have an account set up and added the email to the "Text Only" portion...now to add the pager audio into the application...
Old 02-10-2013, 8:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

Does it do that for you every time a long tone is received or is it an intermittent problem?

Andy

Old 02-10-2013, 9:11 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman977th View Post
Having no problems on 58a so far, going to leave it there! Lol. Did anyone have any problems over the weekend with AT&T not sending messages until hours later and sending duplicates? It seems to have been corrected now, but on two earlier structure fires, I didn't receive the alerts until it was too late.

Also, I'm going to try that Pushover application. I have an account set up and added the email to the "Text Only" portion...now to add the pager audio into the application...
Yes, i experienced ithe same thing with ATT over the last week. One text came in two hours later and this morning they were about 20 minutes delayed.
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
Does it do that for you every time a long tone is received or is it an intermittent problem?

Andy
No, not every time. It has only happened twice over a weeks worth of daily pager tests on a couple different systems that each have one or more long tones on them. I will bump my debounce to 4 and see what happens.

After I first reported the problem a week ago I tried to duplicate it using a service monitor and couldn't get it to fail that way. If I continue to have problems I will probably go back to 58.
Old 02-11-2013, 9:26 PM

I have a question about using Tone A and Tone B that are both longer tones. The specific tones are Tone A 1122.5 Tone B 1153.4 Tonight was my first night with using those tones for another department. It seems to have not started recording until almost the end of the message - what should I be looking at changing to get it to start recording at the start. I have everything pretty much set at the default. Thanks
Old 02-11-2013, 11:18 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
No, not every time. It has only happened twice over a weeks worth of daily pager tests on a couple different systems that each have one or more long tones on them. I will bump my debounce to 4 and see what happens.

After I first reported the problem a week ago I tried to duplicate it using a service monitor and couldn't get it to fail that way. If I continue to have problems I will probably go back to 58.
The debounce setting isn't used in v59, so that won't help. I'll keep trying to see if I can get it to act up here...an intermittent problem like that is hard to figure out.

Andy

Old 02-12-2013, 4:22 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Have been using 58b for few weeks with no problems. Until.. Since I am monitoring and paging out 16 Fire companies, I changed my cell to a page only with no attachment for all but my department. I did receive the text only messages for calls, but apparently none of the emails went out with the attachment. Looking at the log, it just shows "text email sent" nothing else. I have since removed the text only settings and had to reboot the pc. waiting for a page to see if it works again. Any clue why the text only stopped the other emails from going out?
Old 02-13-2013, 8:17 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
I have found if I try to connect to the computer using remote desktop that it will kill the audio on the pc and break the system. I am certain this is a windows problem because when I look for audio devices in RDP they are gone. Then if I go back using something like teamviewer they are back again. May not be your problem but one that I have found with remote administration. Anyone know of a solution to this problem?
I don't know if you found the answer, but you need set the audio to play on the remote computer. From the computer you are connecting from before you click Connect goto Options -> Local Resources -> Remote audio Settings.

Hope this helps!

Tags
twotonedetect