RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 8:12 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Just curious, is there a character limit for the recognized emails in the file? I have three e-mails set up for texting only on three departments to test our Pushover app, being
- paging##@site.com (replacing each ## with station numbers that forwards to our emergency management server and redistributes, for easier e-mail management)
- (2) Pushover push e-mails, I.E. mine for my phone is "f7a8sEPoBPyaamE0CxFg**********@api.pushover.n et" (removed so nobody is tempted to spam my phone...lol)

Running v58a, tried adding emails for the Pushover app talked about earlier, and the software wanting to send it with the paging email and the first pushover app combined on the e-mail server side...
Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2013, 4:48 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Re: New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

Slightly off topic: What is the pushover thing? The app description and the website were useless.
Old 02-14-2013, 9:57 AM

Default Re: New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

Quote:
Originally Posted by krokus View Post
Slightly off topic: What is the pushover thing? The app description and the website were useless.
It is just a third party product that allows simple push notifications to smart devices. It is in no way needed or part of TTD. TTD is fully functional by itself and does not require this.
Old 02-16-2013, 6:33 PM

Default Message delivery time

I have been testing this program for about 3 weeks and really like it a lot. All of the testing so far has been with just a few pager tones and 1-3 message recipients per tone pair. This has worked great and all messages have been arriving in less than a minute most of the time. This week I expanded the test and have a couple departments with about 20 recipients and now I notice the message takes about 3-4 minutes to get the message. I have the config set to send the message as BCC if that matters. Is there any thing I can do to speed up the delivery again?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default v58c Posted

Hi everyone,

I just posted v58c on the program page, which has two very minor improvements to v58b. These probably won't impact most people:
  • Added feature to automatically copy remote tone config file to tones.cfg upon successful retrieval of remote file
  • Added replacement of tab (and other whitespace) characters in "Description" with spaces

Thanks,

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Sponsored links
Old 02-17-2013, 4:19 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorf411 View Post
I have been testing this program for about 3 weeks and really like it a lot. All of the testing so far has been with just a few pager tones and 1-3 message recipients per tone pair. This has worked great and all messages have been arriving in less than a minute most of the time. This week I expanded the test and have a couple departments with about 20 recipients and now I notice the message takes about 3-4 minutes to get the message. I have the config set to send the message as BCC if that matters. Is there any thing I can do to speed up the delivery again?
Dorf, is the program sending the emails promptly? You can see this where it says "Email Sent!". Are some arriving promptly and others not? Or does this affect every email sent?

My guess is that it is and the delays you are encountering are on the recipients' end. I have had texts take 2 hours or more to be delivered. I have two email accts. Delivery to the gmail acct is immediate (maybe this has something to do with the email being SENT from gmail), delivery to the Yahoo account seems to always be delayed. It can also be affected by how often the receiver has his email program set up to check for emails.

I have 27 tone sets in the program that i am running, some having in excess of 20 recipients each. I haven't noticed that adding recipients affects response time. All mine are bcc:
Old 02-17-2013, 8:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
Dorf, is the program sending the emails promptly? You can see this where it says "Email Sent!". Are some arriving promptly and others not? Or does this affect every email sent?

My guess is that it is and the delays you are encountering are on the recipients' end. I have had texts take 2 hours or more to be delivered. I have two email accts. Delivery to the gmail acct is immediate (maybe this has something to do with the email being SENT from gmail), delivery to the Yahoo account seems to always be delayed. It can also be affected by how often the receiver has his email program set up to check for emails.

I have 27 tone sets in the program that i am running, some having in excess of 20 recipients each. I haven't noticed that adding recipients affects response time. All mine are bcc:
I have not actually watched the program since I added the additional recipients but I assume it is sending right away. I am using 58b so it doesn't give a time with the mp3 sent message. I have not received any complaints but I have observed the delay has increased.

Prior to adding more people I would get a text w/attachment within about 30 seconds and now it takes about 3-4 minutes to get the text. I don't know if some get them right away and mine is later. Having the program set to bcc shouldn't case any additional delays right? I suppose 3-4 minutes could be well within an acceptable time frame, but after seeing such quick response before it is a little disappointing.

Last edited by Dorf411; 02-17-2013 at 8:09 AM..
Old 02-17-2013, 8:26 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Is TTD computer a stand alone computer? How is it connected to the router? Our computer used to be connected to the router wirelessly. Delays were caused by reestablishing the wireless connections and sometimes calls were even missed. Ever since we put a cat5 connection in it has worked flawlessly.
Old 02-17-2013, 9:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silfam1 View Post
Is TTD computer a stand alone computer? How is it connected to the router? Our computer used to be connected to the router wirelessly. Delays were caused by reestablishing the wireless connections and sometimes calls were even missed. Ever since we put a cat5 connection in it has worked flawlessly.
Yes, the computer is a stand alone pc with no other applications running. I have a direct wired connection back to the router. I also have all power saving features tuned off so it never sleeps.
Sponsored links
Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Yes, the computer is a stand alone pc with no other applications running. I have a direct wired connection back to the router. I also have all power saving features tuned off so it never sleeps.
Go into your Sent Mail folder at gmail or whatever and see what the timestamp is that gmail sent the message.

You didn't inadvertently change your recording length from 60 to 600 sec or something, did you?
Old 02-17-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Go into your Sent Mail folder at gmail or whatever and see what the timestamp is that gmail sent the message.

You didn't inadvertently change your recording length from 60 to 600 sec or something, did you?
Not using gmail, using other pop email, no not 600sec only 40. Messages with only a couple recipients still get the message fast. I really don't think it is a ttd problem or local system problem. I think it may have something to do with either the cell company or possibly how the isp handles the group of recipients.

Last edited by Dorf411; 02-17-2013 at 11:52 AM..
Old 02-17-2013, 11:58 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I've also found that AT&T is by far the slowest of all the carriers. Messages are late on a fairly regular basis. Do your members use AT&T ?
Old 02-17-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I've also found that AT&T is by far the slowest of all the carriers. Messages are late on a fairly regular basis. Do your members use AT&T ?
Yes, some have ATT but my observations are on Verizon and how that suddenly changed when I added more recipients. Do messages get handled differently when they are sent as BCC vs. not BCC?
Old 02-17-2013, 12:42 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I don't believe so. We have 60 members that are all BCC'd. Messages are a consistently delivered in about the same time frame. Except the hiccups with AT&T. In my observations, Sprint seems to be the fastest and most consistent closely followed by Verizon. Also observations seems to point to the type of phone as well. Prob due to downloading capabilities and processor speeds. But it seems that when a member upgrades they are always pleasantly surprised by how much quicker a new phone will receive, process, alert and display a new message.
Old 02-17-2013, 2:17 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
I don't believe so. We have 60 members that are all BCC'd. Messages are a consistently delivered in about the same time frame. Except the hiccups with AT&T. In my observations, Sprint seems to be the fastest and most consistent closely followed by Verizon. Also observations seems to point to the type of phone as well. Prob due to downloading capabilities and processor speeds. But it seems that when a member upgrades they are always pleasantly surprised by how much quicker a new phone will receive, process, alert and display a new message.
Joe, i agree with many of ur observations. ATT works well here with only occasional delays. I have had one who simply could not get the audio on hs iPhone, another who couldn't get it on his iPhone untl one day it simply started working. As for the issue Dorf is seeing, my guess is that it is the email provider. Gmail seems to be the provider of choice for the TTD users.

Jim
Sponsored links
Old 02-17-2013, 2:43 PM

Quote:
Joe, i agree with many of ur observations. ATT works well here with only occasional delays. I have had one who simply could not get the audio on hs iPhone, another who couldn't get it on his iPhone untl one day it simply started working. As for the issue Dorf is seeing, my guess is that it is the email provider. Gmail seems to be the provider of choice for the TTD users.

Jim
How soon do you normally receive the messages from the time the program stops recording? 1 minute or less or more?
Old 02-17-2013, 3:26 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

It is generally 30-40 secs.
Old 02-17-2013, 7:32 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
How soon do you normally receive the messages from the time the program stops recording? 1 minute or less or more?
I happened to be sitting in front of the TTD screen when a local FD tested tonight. My phone had received the email before the TTD main screen said Email Sent! The text through the cell system arrived about one second later.
Old 02-17-2013, 7:52 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

As stated before, 30-40 seconds. Also watch out how long your message record length is. I think the default is 30sec. Any longer and the audio file becomes larger and some carriers don't like that.
Old 02-18-2013, 8:41 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Warble tone-
I am trying to have TTD trigger on a warble alert tone. The alert toggles between 1000 and 1300 Hz, and dwells on each tone about 300 ms. There are usually at least 3 to 4 full cycles of warble. Both the overall duration and how it starts seem random, as if it is a continuously running signal that is just sent based on some human action. Sometimes it starts in the middle of the high tone, for example.

I have had very limited success in getting it to reliably trigger.

Ideas appreciated.

Tags
twotonedetect