RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 10:57 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoodson View Post
Warble tone-
I am trying to have TTD trigger on a warble alert tone. The alert toggles between 1000 and 1300 Hz, and dwells on each tone about 300 ms. There are usually at least 3 to 4 full cycles of warble. Both the overall duration and how it starts seem random, as if it is a continuously running signal that is just sent based on some human action. Sometimes it starts in the middle of the high tone, for example.

I have had very limited success in getting it to reliably trigger.

Ideas appreciated.
The algorithm really isn't designed to detect that sort of warble tone. Your best bet would be to try v59 with Atonelength and Btonelength both set to 0.2 (v58 and prior have a fixed Atonelength of .4 that can't be changed). Set Ignore After to 5 seconds to prevent double triggering. This may work, but may also be very prone to falsing.

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Sponsored links

Old 02-18-2013, 12:15 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoodson View Post
Warble tone-
I am trying to have TTD trigger on a warble alert tone. The alert toggles between 1000 and 1300 Hz, and dwells on each tone about 300 ms. There are usually at least 3 to 4 full cycles of warble. Both the overall duration and how it starts seem random, as if it is a continuously running signal that is just sent based on some human action. Sometimes it starts in the middle of the high tone, for example.

I have had very limited success in getting it to reliably trigger.

Ideas appreciated.
I think you are going to find it difficult. TTD (at least the older versions) looks for two sequential 200 ms samples of the A tone beore starting to look for the B tone. You could probably go into the programming and change that, but it might have unwanted effects. Two 100 ms samples might work but could also be prone to falsing.

The algorithm in v59 is different so i would have to think that through.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:14 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

A feature that maybe helpful in this program is to have a field where you can enter the persons name with the phone number or email address to better keep up with who all is listed where....Would come in handy if a department has a turnover rate such as with a volunteer department.
Old 02-20-2013, 1:13 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve0622 View Post
A feature that maybe helpful in this program is to have a field where you can enter the persons name with the phone number or email address to better keep up with who all is listed where....Would come in handy if a department has a turnover rate such as with a volunteer department.
See this, I think this will help you: New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based
Old 02-20-2013, 8:13 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

ok, thanks a bunch guess i missed that section when i was reading back through to see if it had previously been discussed.
Sponsored links

Old 02-21-2013, 12:03 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I'm having trouble downloading any version of Two Tone Detect, any help?
Old 02-21-2013, 9:38 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

It's a google docs issue. If they don't get it resolved soon I'll figure out a different way to host the files until they're back up.

Andy

Old 02-21-2013, 12:30 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
It's a google docs issue. If they don't get it resolved soon I'll figure out a different way to host the files until they're back up.

Andy
Thank you!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I tried downloading the newest version after Andy replied this morning and it worked from Google Docs.
Andy, would Dropbox work as a host if you are having problems with Google Docs?
Sponsored links
Old 02-22-2013, 10:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by putterizer View Post
I tried downloading the newest version after Andy replied this morning and it worked from Google Docs.
Andy, would Dropbox work as a host if you are having problems with Google Docs?
Seems to be working again now. If anyone is still having problems let me know.

Andy

Old 02-23-2013, 1:36 PM

Talking Great Program...

Andy,

My local departments have been using TTD for a few years and it is very popular. I had a few guys ask if there was a phone dialer to broadcast the same messsage to their home/cell phone. I've been searching but nothing is even remotely reliable....Any ideas?

Greg
Old 02-23-2013, 5:49 PM
DB Administrator
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I'm long time TTD user - great program and thanks for all the development work! I recently upgraded my PC and I'm now running v59 (upgraded from v55) on a Lenovo W500 laptop running Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit. I'm monitoring three frequencies.

The program seems to be activating on the tones properly, but even though I have Record Delay set to 0.0, the program seems to miss the first 2-3 seconds of the audio after the B tone is decoded. On my recordings I get a little snip of the B tone (maybe 0.5 seconds), then audio of the dispatch that is probably 2-3 seconds after the B tone ends. So I'm mising a few seconds of the beginning of the dispatch audio, and if the dispatcher is quick Im missing most or all of their words.

These are 1-second/3-second tone sets, and I have B-Tone Length set to 3 and B-tone bounce set to 2 for each tone set. With v55 I was getting almost 2 seconds of the B tone and all of the audio after it with no gaps.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I'm long time TTD user - great program and thanks for all the development work! I recently upgraded my PC and I'm now running v59 (upgraded from v55) on a Lenovo W500 laptop running Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit. I'm monitoring three frequencies.

The program seems to be activating on the tones properly, but even though I have Record Delay set to 0.0, the program seems to miss the first 2-3 seconds of the audio after the B tone is decoded. On my recordings I get a little snip of the B tone (maybe 0.5 seconds), then audio of the dispatch that is probably 2-3 seconds after the B tone ends. So I'm mising a few seconds of the beginning of the dispatch audio, and if the dispatcher is quick Im missing most or all of their words.

These are 1-second/3-second tone sets, and I have B-Tone Length set to 3 and B-tone bounce set to 2 for each tone set. With v55 I was getting almost 2 seconds of the B tone and all of the audio after it with no gaps.

Not sure why there's such a delay, but to mitigate it you can shorten Btonelength to 1 or 2 seconds, which will still give you a lot of "debounce". In v59, the Btonedebounce parameter isn't used, it's built into the Btonelength. By doing that you should pick up the end of the B tone plus whatever comes after that.

Andy

Old 02-24-2013, 12:04 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I spent the evening looking to find an answer that was ask a few times but couldn't find any response. Is there away to add the date along with the time in the Subject line? (User configurable?) If I understand correctly it was available at one time.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by firepagertxt View Post
Andy,

My local departments have been using TTD for a few years and it is very popular. I had a few guys ask if there was a phone dialer to broadcast the same messsage to their home/cell phone. I've been searching but nothing is even remotely reliable....Any ideas?

Greg
I don't know of anything like that, but I have been thinking about something similar. I'm looking to set up a number that people could dial in to after getting a text and be able to listen to the page that way if their carrier doesn't support MMS. I have two possible methods. The first is using a service called YouMail, which is a web-based voicemail service. They have an API that allows you to upload your voicemail greeting as an mp3 file. My thought would be that I could have a script upload the mp3 file from TTD and people could call the number and when the voicemail picked up it would play the audio. Unfortunately their API is undergoing a bunch of changes right now and the new version isn't documented yet, so until they document the new API I won't be able to try this. Using the method that's currently documented on their site (for the old API) doesn't work.

The other method I'm thinking about is setting up an Asterisk server linked to a Google Voice phone number and something something similar with the voicemail greeting. This could potentially support dial-out also, I'm not sure. I'm hoping to do some playing around with Asterisk in the coming weeks. If I get something working I'll let everyone know.

Andy

Sponsored links
Old 02-24-2013, 12:07 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

IFTTT will call your home phone with the page.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:18 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSmith View Post
IFTTT will call your home phone with the page.
Hadn't heard of IFTTT before, thanks for the tip! Looks like you can do some pretty wild stuff with it. I created an account and figured out how to trigger a phone call from email, but didn't see a way to play the recorded audio over the phone call, is that possible?

Andy

Old 02-24-2013, 2:56 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Love the new features!

Can you add FTP upload support? I would love to be able to automatically upload the files onto my web server so they are accessible online. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2013, 3:45 PM

You said you are monitoring 3 frequencies, are you scanning? If so maybe the dispatcher lets the carrier drop after the tones then your scanner starts scanning again and then gets the audio late which could cause you to miss a few words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post

Old 02-24-2013, 4:13 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSmith View Post
Love the new features!

Can you add FTP upload support? I would love to be able to automatically upload the files onto my web server so they are accessible online. Thanks!
You can do this using the post_email_command with an external command line program or script. I think others here are doing it, maybe someone could post a sample script.

Andy

Tags
twotonedetect