RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1441 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2013, 3:56 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Erie, IL
Posts: 7
Talking Can't get second recording when fire and EMS toned together

Ok, I'm new to this, but things appear to be working with one small snag. Was hoping someone had a solution. For many of the local departments we have seperate tones for Fire and EMS. That allows me to set them up as seperate groups as some people don't want the fire and some don't want the EMS. The problem occurs when there is a call that requires both fire and EMS as our dispatch center tones fire, then tones EMS, then says what the message is. Whichever gets toned first works great, the the second one only captures the end of the message. Any ideas? I hope that makes since and I am super excited to have discovered this application as it is something we have wanted for a long time!

Thanks,
Mark
__________________
Thanks,
Mark Wiseley
Erie Fire Department
Whiteside County Police, Fire, & EMS Feed Provider

Last edited by mwiseley; 03-16-2013 at 3:57 PM.. Reason: No subject
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #1442 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2013, 4:13 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwiseley View Post
Ok, I'm new to this, but things appear to be working with one small snag. Was hoping someone had a solution. For many of the local departments we have seperate tones for Fire and EMS. That allows me to set them up as seperate groups as some people don't want the fire and some don't want the EMS. The problem occurs when there is a call that requires both fire and EMS as our dispatch center tones fire, then tones EMS, then says what the message is. Whichever gets toned first works great, the the second one only captures the end of the message. Any ideas? I hope that makes since and I am super excited to have discovered this application as it is something we have wanted for a long time!

Thanks,
Mark
Mark,

So it's detecting both sets correctly but just not recording the second one, is that right? What do you have the Record Delay parameter set to (In the Edit Config Info menu)? If it's set to 6 (default), try setting it to zero. If your dispatchers are quick with the voice announcement, that might be your issue.

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
  #1443 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2013, 3:43 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Erie, IL
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
Mark,

So it's detecting both sets correctly but just not recording the second one, is that right? What do you have the Record Delay parameter set to (In the Edit Config Info menu)? If it's set to 6 (default), try setting it to zero. If your dispatchers are quick with the voice announcement, that might be your issue.

Andy
It was set to 6 and I set it to 3. The problem isn't that though I don't think. It is starting at the right time, but I don't think it can start recording the second one until the first one is done? Not sure, but I will try setting to 0 and see what happens. I hope that does it. Love this app!

Mark
__________________
Thanks,
Mark Wiseley
Erie Fire Department
Whiteside County Police, Fire, & EMS Feed Provider
Reply With Quote
  #1444 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2013, 5:06 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwiseley View Post
It was set to 6 and I set it to 3. The problem isn't that though I don't think. It is starting at the right time, but I don't think it can start recording the second one until the first one is done? Not sure, but I will try setting to 0 and see what happens. I hope that does it. Love this app!

Mark
It should record them both at the same time, shouldn't be an issue.

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
  #1445 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2013, 6:27 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa Illinois
Posts: 315
Default

i have a a town that tones fire then ems 2 different tone sets 2 different depts and it works perfect for recording both depts and texting the alert out
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
        
  #1446 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2013, 6:32 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwiseley View Post
It was set to 6 and I set it to 3. The problem isn't that though I don't think. It is starting at the right time, but I don't think it can start recording the second one until the first one is done? Not sure, but I will try setting to 0 and see what happens. I hope that does it. Love this app!

Mark
Mark, can you post a couple of the audio files to help us understand your issue? You may need to zip them to post.
Reply With Quote
  #1447 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2013, 4:34 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3
Default Ver 59a - Dual sets of tones

we are using ver 59a and it is very accurate.. for tones and no phantom tones for 12 plus fire/ems agencies

Our dispatch system sends out two sets of tones during page outs, So the end users are getting 4 text ( 2 sms and 2 mms) . so the two tone detect is working, as designed..

is there a way in ver 59a to set it to ignore the duplicate set of tones ?

Also during preset (in console) stacked pages, each station is only toned out with one set...
so if its only one set it works great...

Since b tone debounce is disabled in 59a is there some setting like Ignore_After....
that might work....

tried going back to 58c but many agencies use the same A-tone with difference B-Tones and 58c
would send out the wrong station everyonce in a while.. 59a has been 100% accurate.

thanks

Chris
Baker, Oregon
Reply With Quote
  #1448 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2013, 5:30 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Rensselaer, NY
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7nbc View Post
Since b tone debounce is disabled in 59a is there some setting like Ignore_After....
that might work....
Yup, ignore_after works in V59 just like V58.
__________________
Rensselaer County Fire Wire - http://www.rcfirewire.com - Providing news and dispatch alerts for Rensselaer County, NY fire departments
Reply With Quote
  #1449 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2013, 7:55 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k7nbc View Post
we are using ver 59a and it is very accurate.. for tones and no phantom tones for 12 plus fire/ems agencies

Our dispatch system sends out two sets of tones during page outs, So the end users are getting 4 text ( 2 sms and 2 mms) . so the two tone detect is working, as designed..

is there a way in ver 59a to set it to ignore the duplicate set of tones ?

Also during preset (in console) stacked pages, each station is only toned out with one set...
so if its only one set it works great...

Since b tone debounce is disabled in 59a is there some setting like Ignore_After....
that might work....

tried going back to 58c but many agencies use the same A-tone with difference B-Tones and 58c
would send out the wrong station everyonce in a while.. 59a has been 100% accurate.

thanks

Chris
Baker, Oregon
ignore_after is what you want to use. Btonedebounce wouldn't help, even in prior versions. Setting ignore_after to 60 will ignore that tone set for 60 seconds after it is received. That's usually a good value to start with, but you can adjust it up or down to suit your needs.

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #1450 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2013, 9:02 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 40
Default

I've been playing with this program for a few days now. I've read a lot of the thread starting about 500 responses back. All that scambled my brain a bit with a lot of great info, but I haven't found my answer.

I want to exclude tone sets from sending a text to my phone at night from 23:00 until 07:00 the next morning, but continue to email them. What is the proper syntax? Can exclude run over the date change or do I need to setup 2 different tones with exclude commands broken up 23:00 to 23:59 and 00:01 to 07:00? Can it handle two exclude commands in a single tone set? Can you have two sets of tones that are the same except for the actions taken once detected?

Also, I cannot get version 59a to work. I get sound in and it detects the tones, but it doesn't appear to be triggering anything at all. I loaded 58c and got it to work fine. One difference I noted is there is no status bar on version 59a. Is there something obvious that I might have missed that is drastically different? I'm perplexed because I got 58 to work fine!

I've thought of a feature request I'd love to have. In pagers a common reset mode uses a drop in carrier to end the recording. It'd be great to allow longer recordings if needed but automate the end of recording based on a drop in carrier. They do this by assigning an "N" time to ignore a drop in carrier in the beginning of the alert and get past all the tone sets (if there are multiple). Usually setting this N time at 15-18 seconds sufficiently clears the tones, records the call, and ends the recording when the carrier drops at the end of dispatch. If the N time is too short the recording may stop if the carrier is dropped between tones and voice. If the total dispatch is shorter than N the recording would go over until N elapsed.

Thanks for the great program!
Reply With Quote
  #1451 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2013, 9:25 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
I want to exclude tone sets from sending a text to my phone at night from 23:00 until 07:00 the next morning, but continue to email them. What is the proper syntax? Can exclude run over the date change or do I need to setup 2 different tones with exclude commands broken up 23:00 to 23:59 and 00:01 to 07:00? Can it handle two exclude commands in a single tone set? Can you have two sets of tones that are the same except for the actions taken once detected?
It should handle the date change without any issues. Try exclude_from=23:00 and exclude_to=7:00. You can only have one exclude time range per tone set.

Quote:
Also, I cannot get version 59a to work. I get sound in and it detects the tones, but it doesn't appear to be triggering anything at all. I loaded 58c and got it to work fine. One difference I noted is there is no status bar on version 59a. Is there something obvious that I might have missed that is drastically different? I'm perplexed because I got 58 to work fine!
There were some major changes in the tone detection algorithm from v58 to v59, so you may need to change your Btonelength to make it work. This post details the differences. If it's a standard QuickCall2 tone set, I'd suggest Atonelength=.4 and Btonelength=.8 for v59. Start with that and adjust as needed.


Quote:
I've thought of a feature request I'd love to have. In pagers a common reset mode uses a drop in carrier to end the recording. It'd be great to allow longer recordings if needed but automate the end of recording based on a drop in carrier. They do this by assigning an "N" time to ignore a drop in carrier in the beginning of the alert and get past all the tone sets (if there are multiple). Usually setting this N time at 15-18 seconds sufficiently clears the tones, records the call, and ends the recording when the carrier drops at the end of dispatch. If the N time is too short the recording may stop if the carrier is dropped between tones and voice. If the total dispatch is shorter than N the recording would go over until N elapsed.
Something along these lines is in the works for the next release, whenever that is.

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
  #1452 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post

There were some major changes in the tone detection algorithm from v58 to v59, so you may need to change your Btonelength to make it work. This post details the differences. If it's a standard QuickCall2 tone set, I'd suggest Atonelength=.4 and Btonelength=.8 for v59. Start with that and adjust as needed.
Thanks, that did the trick and it's working now. I've had a few pages with the beginning of the audio being clipped similar to post #1365. I've shortened the recording delay to 1 second because the dipatchers were quick with the voice message and now I hear a bit of tone and then it skips to the middle of the voice dispatch . The recording has no dead air just a skip. I have the record length set for 35 seconds and the recordings that are emailed end up being 32 seconds long.
Reply With Quote
  #1453 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2013, 3:11 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 40
Default

To follow up I found in my log where there is hesitation in recording and I don't know why. This seems to be only in v59a because I've gone back to v58c and you can see the difference below. I didn't change any settings or touch my scanner between the two and the tones and signal are coming from the same tower.

Here is an example from v59a:

delay timer Squad 125 14:00:40
935.0
935.0
935.0
935.0
935.0
waiting for audio Squad 125 14:00:41
935.0
935.0
935.0
935.0
1441.0
(Lots of tones truncated here)
1710.0
2027.0
693.0
recording audio Squad 125 14:00:55
457.0
1742.0
(Lots more tones truncated here)
1909.0
629.0
688.0
done writing WAV Squad 125 14:01:27
done converting to MP3 Squad 125 14:01:27
247.0
247.0
247.0
MP3 Email sent! Squad 125 page received at 14:01:27 14:01:30

And here is the example from v58c:

A Tone Found! 14:12:07
1363716727.36
Checking for B Tone 14:12:07
0.8 14:12:09
1363716729.4
done sleeping at 14:12:10
1363716730.14
pre-record
1363716730.14
post-record
1363716730.34
Checking for B Tone2 14:12:10
1363716730.34
768.0
Tone Set Found! 14:12:10
1363716730.34
Squad 134 14:12:10
(Deleted email here)

Succesfully retrieved local tone info
delay timer Squad 134 14:12:10
waiting for audio Squad 134 14:12:11
recording audio Squad 134 14:12:11
414.0 Atone1
(Lots of tones truncated here)
1043.0 Atone1
2414.0Atone2
done writing WAV Squad 134 14:12:43
done converting to MP3 Squad 134 14:12:44
MP3 Email sent! Squad 134 page received at 14:12:44 14:12:47

Andy - Do you know why it would wait the 14 seconds on v59a?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #1454 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2013, 4:51 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete7919 View Post
Thanks, that did the trick and it's working now. I've had a few pages with the beginning of the audio being clipped similar to post #1365. I've shortened the recording delay to 1 second because the dipatchers were quick with the voice message and now I hear a bit of tone and then it skips to the middle of the voice dispatch . The recording has no dead air just a skip. I have the record length set for 35 seconds and the recordings that are emailed end up being 32 seconds long.
Try turning the scanner volume up a little. The audio is voice activated and it may not be detecting it right away.
Reply With Quote
  #1455 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2013, 5:52 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Erie, IL
Posts: 7
Smile All good

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
Mark, can you post a couple of the audio files to help us understand your issue? You may need to zip them to post.
Setting it to 0 and all good. I think 6 was just too long. and it must of doubled with fire then EMS or something maybe. I may tweak it now to 1 or 2 but all is good. I have 6 Fire and 6 EMS working. This app is great. Running 59a and no issues so far except that if I remote Desktop into my computer or plug or unplug a speaker it hangs the app, but that is minor now that I know.

Mark
__________________
Thanks,
Mark Wiseley
Erie Fire Department
Whiteside County Police, Fire, & EMS Feed Provider
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #1456 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2013, 7:38 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete7919 View Post
Andy - Do you know why it would wait the 14 seconds on v59a?
No, that doesn't make sense to me. I just did a quick review of the code to double check and I'm not sure why that's happening. The fact that it's printing tone frequencies means that the audio level is above the recording threshold, so it should start recording immediately. Does this happen every time or is it intermittent?

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
  #1457 (permalink)  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:11 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
No, that doesn't make sense to me. I just did a quick review of the code to double check and I'm not sure why that's happening. The fact that it's printing tone frequencies means that the audio level is above the recording threshold, so it should start recording immediately. Does this happen every time or is it intermittent?

Andy
I can't say for sure how often overall. I haven't had many calls to know and I switched back to the older version when I noticed. I'll use the new version when I can monitor it and let you know.
Reply With Quote
  #1458 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:06 AM
silfam1's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 72
Default

Good morning all
Is anyone having issues with AT&T today? One of my members texted me to tell me he was receiving multiple texts of an earlier alarm and it has been occurring all morning. Seems to me we have Been through this issue before. Thanks.
__________________
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #1459 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2013, 5:35 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silfam1 View Post
Good morning all
Is anyone having issues with AT&T today? One of my members texted me to tell me he was receiving multiple texts of an earlier alarm and it has been occurring all morning. Seems to me we have Been through this issue before. Thanks.
I didn't have that issue. But we had our tone test at 18:36 last night and the text arrived at my AT&T phone today at 10:30am. I have heard occasionally of double messages also. I also have TTD send me the alert by email, that one arrived immediately last night, so the delay was obviously in the ATT system.
Reply With Quote
  #1460 (permalink)  
Old 03-20-2013, 10:00 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 841
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete7919 View Post
I can't say for sure how often overall. I haven't had many calls to know and I switched back to the older version when I noticed. I'll use the new version when I can monitor it and let you know.
I did some logging today and saw something like this happen once out of about 60 pages. I'll try to do some debugging on it to figure out what's going on but it may take awhile since it happens so infrequently.

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
twotonedetect

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions