RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 9:22 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdfederer View Post
1On my windows 7 64 bit machine, the program will still open without any audio source attached. It will only open and then immediately close on the windows 7 32 bit machine. Shouldn't the program still open or if it does not see any audio card installed, the program automatically shuts down?
Yes something is going on with the audio drivers. Never quite sure why the software wouldn't work with any audio inputs. I think Andy (aaknitt) might need to change the software up a bit to allow it to open without any inputs. The software is assuming there is an input device and an output device present by default. It appears with newer Windows 7 devices this may not be the case as windows doesn't enumerate them correctly.

Wait a minute.... Did you copy a config file from your old Win 7 machine? Or is this a fresh unzip?

If you copied it over from another machine it may have had 2 audio inputs and the audio input is set to 2 which would crash the system. If that is not the case you might try installing a virtual audio driver. Something like Stereo Mix Plus - Fix no Stereo Mix on Windows 7/Vista | Stereo Mix recorder/enhance tool might work. This could trick the software into thinking there is an input and output and then let us configure the software to get it on the right driver. Grasping at straws here man. Not sure what could be next.
Sponsored links
Old 04-26-2013, 9:43 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Is there a Raspberry Pi version that will run as a service. This way if we loose power it will reboot and keep running?
Old 04-26-2013, 12:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Re: New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc7wsu View Post
Is there a Raspberry Pi version that will run as a service. This way if we loose power it will reboot and keep running?
I would suggest reading the Pi forum article.

TwoToneDetect on a Raspberry Pi - How To
Old 04-26-2013, 10:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by silfam1 View Post
Hi All,
Does anyone have an idea how to get the emails and texts out faster? I realize it is dependent on so many variables. It seems as we add members the whole system slows down. The texts are now taking 3 mins or more. I know there was talk at one point of using Google Groups, has anyone else had luck speeding things up? Thanks.
I use Google Groups, which works great, except for Verizon customers. They don't get any of the alerts. I have made several requests for Verizon to whitelist my Google Groups email address, but nothing has changed. To get around this, I had people start using Gmail instead of text messaging if they were Verizon customers.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:32 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Re: New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

I just installed 59b. I haven't been having to many issues with 59a. I send all the alerts via text mms and everyone has been getting the text and audio fine.. I have had one instance of one person getting a alert 30 minutes later but I am not sure how reliable that is coming from them. So far so good. Keep up the good work Andy.
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2013, 3:32 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Hi All,
Does anyone have an idea how to get the emails and texts out faster? I realize it is dependent on so many variables. It seems as we add members the whole system slows down. The texts are now taking 3 mins or more. I know there was talk at one point of using Google Groups, has anyone else had luck speeding things up? Thanks.
I have had good luck using a gmail acct and the vip folder on an iPhone. It seems that keeping it all "in house" helps, i.e., use gmail to send the messages and to receive them. Using this setup, my phone beeps at me before the "Email sent!" appears on the computer screen. I realize that this won't help your standard cell phone users. My guess is that much of the delay you are experiencing is in the email/cell system which you can't control.
Old 04-27-2013, 3:35 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc7wsu View Post
See information in the pi thread of this forum.
Old 04-27-2013, 8:24 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
I have had good luck using a gmail acct and the vip folder on an iPhone. It seems that keeping it all "in house" helps, i.e., use gmail to send the messages and to receive them. Using this setup, my phone beeps at me before the "Email sent!" appears on the computer screen. I realize that this won't help your standard cell phone users. My guess is that much of the delay you are experiencing is in the email/cell system which you can't control.
Thanks dlnorth. DC31, do all your members just receive emails?
Old 04-27-2013, 8:46 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Thanks dlnorth. DC31, do all your members just receive emails?
Most use text to cell phone. Usually that works well but there is always the occasion where they can take a day to get there. If someone is concerned about delays i point them toward the vip folder with a gmail acct there is also an app ($) out there that will do the same thing as the vip folder, Enotify. It is a little complex and baffled me to the point that i stopped using it.
Sponsored links
Old 04-27-2013, 9:50 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
The algorithm really isn't designed to detect that sort of warble tone. Your best bet would be to try v59 with Atonelength and Btonelength both set to 0.2 (v58 and prior have a fixed Atonelength of .4 that can't be changed). Set Ignore After to 5 seconds to prevent double triggering. This may work, but may also be very prone to falsing.

Andy
Law Enforcement in my area uses 1000 Hz alert tones and the hi-lo warble tones. I have set up TwoToneDetect v58 and experimenting with the warble detection in particular on my Toledo Police and Lucas County Sheriff feed. The short and long 1000 hz tones work pretty well with 1000/1000 and 1000 long tone config settings. Was looking for a good/better way to monitor for code 3 alert traffic and other air closed/air open, announcement tones that proceed the more interesting traffic.

For the warbles, I am having some results with the following settings, four different tone sets, usually will get one or sometimes a couple to hit, so sometimes some duplication, but working decently. I will need to try with the v59 version to see if any better results. Here is the four sets I am using for our specific hi-lo alert warbles:
800/1500
800/800
1500/800
1500/1500

Some decoded examples here:

Toledo Scanner

Right now I am manually reviewing, curating and posting some interesting examples as heard from my feed, but may considering automating some of this in the future as well.

Up to this point, seems like most use cases have been for fire alerting, so curious if others trying to use for law enforcement or other non-two tone like sets of tones and alerts.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:54 PM

How/where do I find the a and b tones?
Hepl!
Old 04-29-2013, 6:45 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerRossman View Post
How/where do I find the a and b tones?
The easiest thing to do is to get them right out of the pager settings. Depending on your type of pager you can open up the settings config software and look to see what the pager is wanting from there.

Other options include:
  • Calling the emergency manager/dispatch and asking for them
  • recording a page with something like Audacity then using a tone detector to see what the A-B/Long was.
  • Low tech method: Start TTD, have page come through, watch the numbers at the top of the software, write quickly when you see them.
Lots of places to get them. I have noticed that the TTD software reports a little lower than the called out frequency in our pagers config. I think our longtone for us was 951.2 (or close to that) but TTD reports it as 946.0. If you get yourself programmed up but doesn't seem to trigger either tweak the frequencies or widen your frequency accept.
Old 04-29-2013, 6:56 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Did you have any luck with the Sprint SMS ?.. I have PDW running and can't seem to get a text to a Sprint phone with the Messaging.sprintpcs.com address.
Dave
Old 04-29-2013, 7:03 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcr_inc View Post
Did you have any luck with the Sprint SMS ?.. I have PDW running and can't seem to get a text to a Sprint phone with the Messaging.sprintpcs.com address.
Dave
Are you sending just text or is there an audio attachment? If it is actually an MMS text you should use
Code:
number@pm.sprint.com
for the send to format.

(Not to be a jerk, but did you mean to post that in this forum? This is the TTD not PDW forum.)

Last edited by tecker; 04-29-2013 at 7:06 AM..
Old 04-29-2013, 8:53 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcr_inc View Post
Dave
Try sending to the MMS address ##########@pm.sprint.com and see if that works.

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Sponsored links
Old 04-29-2013, 4:38 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Having Problems

I just downloaded the latest version of two tone detect and have it installed on my machine. I put the ffmpeg file in the same folder as the program is in. I cannot seem to get it to work. The program detects the tones and seems to be recording , but it will not send an email after it is done. below is a screen shot of what i am getting:
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2013, 9:38 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Got it running

I finally got it figured out, Thanks to Andy's help it appears that the latest version of FFMPEG is not compatible, once i removed that version and downloaded an older version it worked perfectly!!!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:51 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Andy, remember we were talking about the warble tone at the end and you said it doesnt matter because its just an attention getter? well our dispatch tested tonight and it never worked it says it was checking for a long B tone here is the numbers. Also i tested from a radio with out the warble tone and the page recorded as it is suppose to so its the warble tone giving me a problem.
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2013, 11:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick223 View Post
Andy, remember we were talking about the warble tone at the end and you said it doesnt matter because its just an attention getter? well our dispatch tested tonight and it never worked it says it was checking for a long B tone here is the numbers. Also i tested from a radio with out the warble tone and the page recorded as it is suppose to so its the warble tone giving me a problem.
What is the tone set you're trying to detect, and what are the tone durations? From the screenshot you posted the program is seeing 1500 Hz when it goes to check for the B Tone. What's it supposed to be looking for?

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

A 1122.5 B 1433.4 w. it's the standard tone length. Unless he put the a tone at 1.5 and the B tone at 3

Tags
twotonedetect