RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1621 (permalink)  
Old 04-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Marceline, Missouri
Posts: 35
Default Gmail Groups

I am trying to set up a Gmail group for forwarding my pages, i have set the group up in Gmail, but how do you set it to where it automatically forwards to the group using the TwoToneDecode email? Do i have to set a filter to say that any email sent from this email account is forwarded to the group?? Please give me sone insight on setting up the group settings.

Mike
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #1622 (permalink)  
Old 04-29-2013, 11:43 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick223 View Post
A 1122.5 B 1433.4 w. it's the standard tone length. Unless he put the a tone at 1.5 and the B tone at 3
You might try shortening Btonelength from 2.8 to 2.6 or 2.4 and see what that does for you. It might be catching the very start of the warble during the last sample.

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
  #1623 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2013, 12:11 AM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 17
Default

Anybody figured out a way to use the google voice mail decoding feature to decode the pages?
Reply With Quote
  #1624 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2013, 6:52 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa Illinois
Posts: 344
Default

Andy. This is how I have it set up now any other changes? Ill let you know today if it works
Tone A 1122.5
Tone B 1433.4
B tone length. 2.4
B tone denounce 1
Ignore after 60
Playback 0
Reply With Quote
  #1625 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2013, 7:07 AM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Deshler, NE
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt603 View Post
but how do you set it to where it automatically forwards to the group using the TwoToneDecode email? Do i have to set a filter to say that any email sent from this email account is forwarded to the group??
Mike, If I understand correctly as long as you have everyone in a group and send to the group email it will send it to everyone in the group. I am just reading here: Create a group - Google Apps Help. Once you create the second distribution list I think that everyone in the group's sub-group is an email recipient. Not sure on that one but that is my best guess. Look around for some setup help. I think email forwarding is a default of the system.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
        
  #1626 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2013, 7:24 AM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Deshler, NE
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KF5ALO View Post
Anybody figured out a way to use the google voice mail decoding feature to decode the pages?
I believe that the best way to do this is to just send the audio into the system as a voicemail. I do not know of any other way but then again I dont use google voice. If you are just trying to transcribe it somehow then you may want the Google Speech API. Yes you would need to write a program around it but that may be already done. I just remember a guy using it in a project he did. Not sure if this helps or not.
Reply With Quote
  #1627 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2013, 7:45 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KF5ALO View Post
Anybody figured out a way to use the google voice mail decoding feature to decode the pages?
See this post. Results were terrible.
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
  #1628 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2013, 12:28 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecker View Post
Mike, If I understand correctly as long as you have everyone in a group and send to the group email it will send it to everyone in the group. I am just reading here: Create a group - Google Apps Help. Once you create the second distribution list I think that everyone in the group's sub-group is an email recipient. Not sure on that one but that is my best guess. Look around for some setup help. I think email forwarding is a default of the system.
I'm starting to think the reason why some emails are getting lost at cell phone carriers is because of the group email function. I looked at the forwarding headers of a group I setup and that's horrendous. If anyone is having issues with texts being delivered then please PM me and I will help one or two out to see if I can figure out the issue.
Reply With Quote
  #1629 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2013, 1:46 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa Illinois
Posts: 344
Default

Andy. I changed b length from 3 to 2.4 and it didn't work still. I guess I have to find a warble tone cap number I guess. This picture is from 2 mins ago
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
        
  #1630 (permalink)  
Old 04-30-2013, 1:54 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa Illinois
Posts: 344
Default

Another picture
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #1631 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2013, 6:05 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 84
Default

my two tone detect detects the tones fine it also records the audio fine my problem is no matter what i do i can not get an email sent to me. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong???

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #1632 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2013, 7:31 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metzeric View Post
my two tone detect detects the tones fine it also records the audio fine my problem is no matter what i do i can not get an email sent to me. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong???

thanks
There are lots of potential little issues. Can you post the contents of the log.txt file so we can see what the error messages are? You indicate that it is recording audio fine. So you must be finding these files in the Audio folder in TTD. What is the extension on these files? .amr, .mp3, or .wav? Have you watched the debug screen to determine where the hangup is?
Reply With Quote
  #1633 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2013, 7:42 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa Illinois
Posts: 344
Default

Does anyone else have a warble end tone to their page? And can get the 2 tone program to detect and record the page? If so can you help me out with the tips and tricks getting it to work?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #1634 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2013, 8:07 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
There are lots of potential little issues. Can you post the contents of the log.txt file so we can see what the error messages are? You indicate that it is recording audio fine. So you must be finding these files in the Audio folder in TTD. What is the extension on these files? .amr, .mp3, or .wav? Have you watched the debug screen to determine where the hangup is?
they are being recorded in mp3 and amr

the only thing that shows up funy in the log is this


File "<string>", line 447, in mail
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect59b_debug\ outPYZ1.pyz/smtplib", line 604, in login
SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.8 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...r=14257\n5.7.8 {BADCREDENTIALS} bi15sm6660735vdc.6 - gsmtp')


and in debug mode im not sure if this is normal but it comes up in red saying

mp3 @ 032e0060} unsupported sample rate

and in yellow it says

wav @ 003385c0 parser not found for codec pcm_s161e, packets or times may be invalid.

wav @ 003385c0 max_analize_duration 5000000 reached at 5015510

Last edited by metzeric; 05-02-2013 at 8:22 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #1635 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2013, 9:04 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick223 View Post
Does anyone else have a warble end tone to their page? And can get the 2 tone program to detect and record the page? If so can you help me out with the tips and tricks getting it to work?

Thanks
All of the ones I use on a day to day basis have warble tones at the end of them. Like I said before, they are just attention getters. You can ignore them for the purposes of setting up TwoToneDetect. Set up your A tone and B tone correctly and the warbles won't hurt anything.

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #1636 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2013, 9:05 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metzeric View Post
they are being recorded in mp3 and amr

the only thing that shows up funy in the log is this


File "<string>", line 447, in mail
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect59b_debug\ outPYZ1.pyz/smtplib", line 604, in login
SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.8 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...r=14257\n5.7.8 {BADCREDENTIALS} bi15sm6660735vdc.6 - gsmtp')


and in debug mode im not sure if this is normal but it comes up in red saying

mp3 @ 032e0060} unsupported sample rate

and in yellow it says

wav @ 003385c0 parser not found for codec pcm_s161e, packets or times may be invalid.

wav @ 003385c0 max_analize_duration 5000000 reached at 5015510
Easy enough. You're trying to send through gmail but either your gmail username or password is entered incorrectly in the program config.

Andy
__________________
Using TwoToneDetect? Show us where! Add yourself to the user map here or PM me with your location and I'll add you.

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Reply With Quote
  #1637 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2013, 9:14 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ottawa Illinois
Posts: 344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
All of the ones I use on a day to day basis have warble tones at the end of them. Like I said before, they are just attention getters. You can ignore them for the purposes of setting up TwoToneDetect. Set up your A tone and B tone correctly and the warbles won't hurt anything.

Andy
I have Andy and it doesn't pick it up. I know when we page from our station it works with out the warble tone. But when dispatch tones us out with the warble tone it doesn't work? I set the B to 2.4 and it still didn't work any other ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #1638 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2013, 9:23 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3
Default TDD is recording audio not sending text sms or Email mms messages

TDD is recording audio but not sending text sms or Email mms messages
for this tone set


TwoToneDetect:
1 operating system Win XP Pro 32bit
2 59b version of TTD
3 Has TTD ever work on this computer? yes with some tones worked fine on work bench
4 Did you run the debug version of TTD? no , computer is at a remote station
5 log file below access via dropbox

Also Password for gmail account is correct verified from config file and decoded password

log.txt


349.0 17760
349.0 17767
349.0 17737
349.0 17780
349.0 17746
333.0 18172
328.0 17765
328.0 17763
328.0 17751
328.0 17783
328.0 17759
328.0 17746
328.0 17776
328.0 17768
328.0 17754
328.0 17767
328.0 17754
328.0 17746
328.0 17769
328.0 17761
J-Fire Tone Set Found
Succesfully retrieved local tone info
Tone2
Tone3
Tone4
Tone5
Tone6
Tone7
Tone8
Tone9
Tone10
delay timer J-Fire 18:31:50
delay done J-Fire 18:31:50
waiting for audio J-Fire 18:31:50
threshold value: 181.019335984
starting record at 18:31:50
328.0 17767
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 443, in mail
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect59b\outPYZ 1.pyz/smtplib", line 242, in __init__
gaierror: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed
328.0 17724
done recording at 18:31:50
17724 max level at 18:31:50
threshold exceeded
recording audio J-Fire 18:31:50

done writing WAV Joseph-Fire 18:32:18
done converting to M
Reply With Quote
  #1639 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2013, 9:23 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick223 View Post
I have Andy and it doesn't pick it up. I know when we page from our station it works with out the warble tone. But when dispatch tones us out with the warble tone it doesn't work? I set the B to 2.4 and it still didn't work any other ideas?
Can you post a recording of one of the dispatches that includes the warble tone? All the tone sets and the message.
Reply With Quote
  #1640 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2013, 9:26 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metzeric View Post
they are being recorded in mp3 and amr

the only thing that shows up funy in the log is this


File "<string>", line 447, in mail
File "E:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect59b_debug\ outPYZ1.pyz/smtplib", line 604, in login
SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.8 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...r=14257\n5.7.8 {BADCREDENTIALS} bi15sm6660735vdc.6 - gsmtp')


and in debug mode im not sure if this is normal but it comes up in red saying

mp3 @ 032e0060} unsupported sample rate

and in yellow it says

wav @ 003385c0 parser not found for codec pcm_s161e, packets or times may be invalid.

wav @ 003385c0 max_analize_duration 5000000 reached at 5015510
Log into your gmail account from a web browser and see if it is waiting for you to authorize these emails or some such. Many times the first time through with TTD it will want some sort of authorization. When you log in to gmail it should pop up. Otherwise, you probably have a mistake in your username or password. You are 95% of the way to making TTD work!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
twotonedetect

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions