RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 12:02 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemt134 View Post
Is it possible to get the exclude from/to times to work overnight from one day into the next? I tried mine from 23:00 to 07:00 and it didn't seem to work; still received a page at 5 AM.
I'll need to do some checking on that, I thought it was working properly with overnight times. What version are you using?

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Sponsored links
Old 05-11-2013, 3:23 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I'm using the latest v60. Also, would you have any advice on resizing the GUI tone editor screen? It doesn't seem to play well with my screen resolution and gets cut off where I can't access some of the items. Thanks!
Old 05-11-2013, 8:04 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemt134 View Post
Also, would you have any advice on resizing the GUI tone editor screen? It doesn't seem to play well with my screen resolution and gets cut off where I can't access some of the items. Thanks!
Try this test version of the TonesEditor and let me know if you can scroll with this one.

Andy

Old 05-12-2013, 9:18 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
Try this test version of the TonesEditor and let me know if you can scroll with this one.

Andy
I'm able to scroll a few lines up/down, but not left/right. Before the furthest down I could see was where the B Tone Frequency box is; I can now scroll down far enough to see the A Tone Length box but that's all the further it will go.
Old 05-12-2013, 9:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecker View Post
Hey all, does anyone know what the maximum number of tones the software can support? I am looking to try and get my entire county to use this software as a way to save them some money. If I have counted right there are about 16/17 tones that I can count up that would be tracked.

Listening to pager test this morning the worst stack set is 5 tones (and my department is the lead tone, joy). Could one single computer run this whole thing? If so what kind of specs would I need to pull this off? Any experiences - using VM, running multiple copies of the software, clustering computers off one scanner - would be handy. Might make for good material for the FAQ as well.
I have an entire county with about 60 tones split over 2 instances of TTD on an 9 year old 2.6GHz Pentium 4 with 2GB RAM running WinXP It has 4 scanners and 3 sound cards because it also is streaming a stereo feed to RR. Because I use mailing lists on a webserver to distribute the messages, this computer is sending to 2-3 email addresses per tone activation. On a multiple alarm fire, there are 4-5 tone sets going out at once, but even with the weekly tone test sending out 20ish tone sets in a row, I've had no missed pages.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:18 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecker View Post
Listening to pager test this morning the worst stack set is 5 tones (and my department is the lead tone, joy). Could one single computer run this whole thing? If so what kind of specs would I need to pull this off? Any experiences - using VM, running multiple copies of the software, clustering computers off one scanner - would be handy. Might make for good material for the FAQ as well.
I have 17 on a VirtualBox with a dedicated $5 USB audio adapter and it works fine.

You have a large fallacy in clustering multiple computers off one scanner. The list is so extensive I will only list three: 1] you're on the same internet connection. 2] what if the scanner fails? 3] you're on the same circuit breaker (and probably power strip).

Clustering is what the remotetones.cfg file is for. Stash your file on a webserver and you can do clustering multi-geographically. Find a different location on a separate power grid and different internet provider for your secondary system.

PM me and I can help you out with a WinXP vmdk v5. You should entertain playing with VMs more before taking on this project if you don't know what that is without searching.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:24 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt036 View Post
I have an entire county with about 60 tones split over 2 instances of TTD on an 9 year old 2.6GHz Pentium 4 with 2GB RAM running WinXP It has 4 scanners and 3 sound cards because it also is streaming a stereo feed to RR. Because I use mailing lists on a webserver to distribute the messages, this computer is sending to 2-3 email addresses per tone activation. On a multiple alarm fire, there are 4-5 tone sets going out at once, but even with the weekly tone test sending out 20ish tone sets in a row, I've had no missed pages.

Have fun when those law enforcement departments turn on encryption for streaming them. It will be no one's fault but your own.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsands View Post
You should entertain playing with VMs more before taking on this project if you don't know what that is without searching.
I have played with VM's and that might be a good way to go. Current plan was to find some cheap windows 7 machine, a battery backup, and a scanner. Not even run multiple computers. Sound like 1 decent machine could do it. The 'competitor' company I am looking to subvert is using old surplus Dell GX620s.

The multiple locations thing is a good idea. I could run one over in the county seat in the Emergency Managers office as they have a computer there doing this sort of thing. Then I could keep the computer in our fire bay where I have our copy of TTD running as a backup. Put remote desktop on both and then I could have redundant machines. I am going to give that a thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsands View Post
Have fun when those law enforcement departments turn on encryption for streaming them. It will be no one's fault but your own.
Hey, I am no moderator but this isn't the thread to start this junk in. Yes it is a risk folks run when doing scanner feeds but sooner or later things will go scramble / encrypted / full digital trunk anyway. If you want to beef on feeds causing departments to obfuscate there is another section for that. Keep it focused on the thread topic TwoToneDetect please. Thank you.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:44 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

[QUOTE=tecker;1968590]I have played with VM's and that might be a good way to go. Current plan was to find some cheap windows 7 machine, a battery backup, and a scanner. Not even run multiple computers. Sound like 1 decent machine could do it. The 'competitor' company I am looking to subvert is using old surplus Dell GX620s.

The multiple locations thing is a good idea. I could run one over in the county seat in the Emergency Managers office as they have a computer there doing this sort of thing. Then I could keep the computer in our fire bay where I have our copy of TTD running as a backup. Put remote desktop on both and then I could have redundant machines. I am going to give that a thought.[/QUOTE}

They have been using IBM SFFs since March 2012, similar to the IBM 8167. There are plenty of computers being recycled as counties get new computers, Ask the EM guy for one.

I recommend running the scanner in repeater input mode. No sense in it listening on the repeater output. If your repeater is down, this isn't any "extra protection". It has saved us twice. Our repeater is 10 miles South of town past the sticks.
Sponsored links

Old 05-13-2013, 1:10 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Sprint Phone issues?

I've tried searching this thread, and can't find an answer, but maybe I missed it ( I have been up for over 30 hours......) New user to this software, and and having issues making this work with the firefighters that have sprint phones (iphones, androids, etc). I have tried sending mp3's to both xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com, and also tried xxxxxxxxxx@pm.sprint.com. When I send it to messaging.sprintpcs.com, they get the message but no audio file. When I try pm.sprint.com, they don't even get a message. This is happening with the 3 users that have sprint that I have tested this with so far. Works fine with verizon and ATT. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong???

Henry
Old 05-13-2013, 1:23 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryvb3 View Post
I've tried searching this thread, and can't find an answer, but maybe I missed it ( I have been up for over 30 hours......) New user to this software, and and having issues making this work with the firefighters that have sprint phones (iphones, androids, etc). I have tried sending mp3's to both xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com, and also tried xxxxxxxxxx@pm.sprint.com. When I send it to messaging.sprintpcs.com, they get the message but no audio file. When I try pm.sprint.com, they don't even get a message. This is happening with the 3 users that have sprint that I have tested this with so far. Works fine with verizon and ATT. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong???

Henry
Have them send an MMS email to your email account and you'll see the official address.

Are they using the Sprint Google Voice integration?
Old 05-13-2013, 8:14 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

Henry
Try sending as an AMR instead of mp3...AMR usually works better when sending to phones.

Andy

Old 05-13-2013, 8:23 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:

Henry
Hey Folks-

Just wanted to drop a quick note in case anyone is having issues playing the recordings on an Android phone. I have experienced this myself, as well as some others have reported it to me. This issue has come up recently with the new software updates getting pushed to Android phones.

If you have an Android phone, and it is playing for only 8-10 seconds and you hear nothing, it is due to an issue with the stock Android messaging app not playing the audio attachment correctly. There is nothing wrong with the tone out software or the cell carrier, it is the phone program itself.

If the problem happens in the future, especially after you have updated the software on the phone, this is more than likely the cause.

This problem can easily be remedied by downloading an aftermarket text messaging app for free that will replace the stock messaging app. Download the 'Handcent SMS' app. It is located in the Google Play Store here: http://goo.gl/YIu7l

After installing the Handcent SMS app, the recordings that are sent to you should play out with audio, and at the full length of the recording.
Old 05-13-2013, 6:57 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I just started having an issue with Two Tone Detect receiving the page but not trying to send out the email. It says on the two tone detect mainscreen that the page was received at 18:38:07 but it never tries to send out the email, it does this sometimes and sometimes it goes ahead and sends out the email. its spuratik.

Mike
Old 05-13-2013, 8:43 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
Try sending as an AMR instead of mp3...AMR usually works better when sending to phones.

Andy
Its not an issue with sending AMR vs mp3, its an issue trying to send ANYTHING to xxxxxxxxxx@pm.sprint.com. They dont even get the message. I tried sending AMR to xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com and its not working either, they just get the text, but no attached audio file. I have 2 of the 14 guys on the dept that have sprint trying to contact their customer service to get me an answer, but was hoping someone out there has sprint emails in their contacts and knows what might be going on.

Thanks for all the help!
Henry
Sponsored links
Old 05-13-2013, 8:54 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I have Sprint and send AMR's to my phone. They deliver to my phone within a minute of detection to the pm address.
Old 05-13-2013, 9:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt603 View Post
I just started having an issue with Two Tone Detect receiving the page but not trying to send out the email. It says on the two tone detect mainscreen that the page was received at 18:38:07 but it never tries to send out the email, it does this sometimes and sometimes it goes ahead and sends out the email. its spuratik.

Mike
Check your log.txt file and see if there are any error messages. Usually when this happens it's because the internet connection or email server is down. If that's the case you'll probably see some kind of SMTP error in the log file.

Andy

Old 05-13-2013, 10:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by putterizer View Post
I have Sprint and send AMR's to my phone. They deliver to my phone within a minute of detection to the pm address.
was there anything special that had to be done? It just seems weird that so far this is only effecting sprint, both android and iphone, and not other services. The email address, is it just your 10 digit phone number @pm.sprint.com? nothing special in the number correct? It just baffles me! One of the many reasons i left sprint to begin with... lol! but every service has its issues.

Thanks again !!!!
Henry
Old 05-14-2013, 4:59 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
was there anything special that had to be done? It just seems weird that so far this is only effecting sprint, both android and iphone, and not other services. The email address, is it just your 10 digit phone number @pm.sprint.com? nothing special in the number correct? It just baffles me! One of the many reasons i left sprint to begin with... lol! but every service has its issues.

Thanks again !!!!
Henry
I gave you the answer previously and you have asked three times after that. Save time and give it a bit of effort.
Old 05-14-2013, 5:52 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:

Thanks again !!!!
Henry
"android and iPhone"? That means they have data plans. Send it to a regular email address that they set up for push notifications and get away from the text essage BS. It is really only the non-smart phones that need it sent as a text.

Tags
twotonedetect