RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 12:27 AM

It means your computer couldn't contact the dns server to get the ip address, so most likely your internet was down.
Sponsored links
Old 07-01-2013, 2:35 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsands View Post
It means your computer couldn't contact the dns server to get the ip address, so most likely your internet was down.
Ok thanks! Glad to know it wasn't the programs fault, just my computers fault. And I fixed the c:\test2.bat error. Found someone else who had the same problem as me on another thread. Just deleted it from the Post-email Command line and no more error message.

Thanks
Grady
Old 07-01-2013, 5:21 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by gradybruton1819 View Post
I'm having problems getting the program to send the emails out sometimes. I'm using version 60 with 2 different departments on it. Today had the first tone go out just fine, then on 2nd tone it received the tones and converted to amr but couldn't send out the email. It tried 3 times before it gave up. Then about 30 minutes later received another call and it sent out the email just fine as if nothing was wrong. The tone set for this certain dept that had the error only has 3 email addresses to send to, all phone email gateways. The error code I got for the 2nd tone that didn't send was:

gaierror: [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed

And also this one, but I always see this one and it still works regardless:

'c:\test2.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I'm using the Tones Editor instead of inputting info manually. So what I'm wondering is: (1) What is error code 11004? (2) How could it have happened? (3) What do I need to do to fix it so this error code doesn't appear in the future? And (4) Should I be concerned about 'c:\test2.bat' error?

Thanks,
Grady
Use notepad to open your tones.cfg file and remove the two lines:
Alert_command
Post_email_command

These are optional and not needed. That will address the c:/test.bat error
Old 07-01-2013, 7:18 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
I'm having problems getting the program to send the emails out sometimes. I'm using version 60 with 2 different departments on it. Today had the first tone go out just fine, then on 2nd tone it received the tones and converted to amr but couldn't send out the email. It tried 3 times before it gave up. Then about 30 minutes later received another call and it sent out the email just fine as if nothing was wrong. The tone set for this certain dept that had the error only has 3 email addresses to send to, all phone email gateways. The error code I got for the 2nd tone that didn't send was:

gaierror: [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed

And also this one, but I always see this one and it still works regardless:

'c:\test2.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I'm using the Tones Editor instead of inputting info manually. So what I'm wondering is: (1) What is error code 11004? (2) How could it have happened? (3) What do I need to do to fix it so this error code doesn't appear in the future? And (4) Should I be concerned about 'c:\test2.bat' error?

Thanks,
Grady
Can you post the full error statement? It should include something like "traceback" and include a code line number. That would help me narrow it down. When using the TonesEditor, do you have any "blank" lines in the email field that you can highlight? If so, try deleting those "blank" lines and see if that helps.

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Old 07-01-2013, 8:21 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default TwoToneDetect60

I have installed the TwoToneDetect60 on my PC about 3 weeks ago it receives the tones and the messages ok and records them in a MP3 format but it will not send it to my Smart phone. The following list is what is in the TwoToneDetect Folder: "FFMPEG, TonesEditor4, TonesEditor4_debug, TonesEditor4.pyc, TwoToneDetect60, TwoToneDetect60_debug, TwoToneDetect60.pyc, README, Tones, Config, Log, Temp.tmp" also there is a folder labeled as 'Audio Files' that have the MP3 files in it.

Thanks
Gary
Sponsored links
Old 07-01-2013, 11:24 AM

What are your email settings? What email service are you using to send the emails?
Check the Log and see what errors are in there and report them here.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:23 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default TwoToneDetect60

My Email Settings are as follows: Email Server: SMTP.comcast.net
Email Port: 465
There are no errors in the log, I am not sure why it is not getting this far.

Gary
Old 07-01-2013, 1:28 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default TwoToneDetect60

Here I am attaching a copy of the set up of how I have my TwoToneDetect60 setup maybe someone can tell me why it will not send the messages to my Smart Phone.

Gary
Attached Files
File Type: doc Tone_setup.doc (147.0 KB, 40 views)
Old 07-01-2013, 4:43 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
Can you post the full error statement? It should include something like "traceback" and include a code line number. That would help me narrow it down. When using the TonesEditor, do you have any "blank" lines in the email field that you can highlight? If so, try deleting those "blank" lines and see if that helps.

Andy
Didn't find any blank lines in the email field. Also, I Didn't find the full error statement in the log that I could copy/paste (since I've closed and restarted the program since then) but I did take a picture of the screen with the full error statement of the incident. Attached is that picture of the error statement. Forgive me if it is poor quality, I had to reduce the image size significantly to get it to post here. I can email the original picture if needed.

Grady
Attached Images

Sponsored links

Old 07-01-2013, 6:10 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Didn't find any blank lines in the email field. Also, I Didn't find the full error statement in the log that I could copy/paste (since I've closed and restarted the program since then) but I did take a picture of the screen with the full error statement of the incident. Attached is that picture of the error statement. Forgive me if it is poor quality, I had to reduce the image size significantly to get it to post here. I can email the original picture if needed.

Grady
It looks like it is having difficulty contacting your email server. Have you checked the email settings in your config.cfg file? or edit configuration info from TTD main screen. From the edit configuration window on the main screen just put in your password, do not attempt to encode it, the program will do the encoding. If using Gmail log into your account from your web browser and see if it is waiting for you to confirm something.
Old 07-01-2013, 8:41 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
It looks like it is having difficulty contacting your email server. Have you checked the email settings in your config.cfg file? or edit configuration info from TTD main screen. From the edit configuration window on the main screen just put in your password, do not attempt to encode it, the program will do the encoding. If using Gmail log into your account from your web browser and see if it is waiting for you to confirm something.
Since upgrading to version 60 about 3-4 weeks ago I haven't changed any of the email settings since initially setting up the program with just one department. Gmail password hasn't been changed recently, no messages to confirm anything when gmail browser opened. Email settings in config.cfg and main screen look correct to me in regard to user ID and Password. When I set it up I put my password in edit config info on main screen and let it do the encoding, when I open config.cfg password is already encoded by program. The only changes I made to the program PRIOR to this error was:

Reduce Record Release Time from 5.0 sec to 3.0 sec
Reduce Record Delay from 3 sec to 0 sec
Reduce A tone Length from .8 sec to .6 sec

The only change I have made AFTER the incident was:

Deleted c:/test2.bat from post-email command in Tones Editor

Dept. #1's tone set has worked flawlessly since setup with 16 recipients. I added dept #2 one week ago with 3 recipients and has worked very well with the exception of the problem we're discussing. The day it had the error I was sitting in front of the computer when dept #2's tones dropped. I watched the debug and it heard and sent flawlessly. 2nd tone comes around 4mins later, it hears it but doesn't send (the log in picture). As I'm looking at the debug screen thinking of why it could've done that, 10mins later dept #2's tones drop again this time for medical and it hears and sends flawlessly. That's what baffles me since it heard/sent, heard/failed, heard/sent 3 calls within 20 minutes of eachother. Since then, the program has received and sent 3 calls from dept #2 and 2 calls from dept #1 successfully without incident.

Thoughts?
Maybe a one time program glitch, or I have a setting wrong somewhere, or an internet hiccup like jhsands said?

Thanks,
Grady
Old 07-01-2013, 10:55 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default AudioBoo

Anyone having issues using AudioBoo with TTD? I can send an audio file to my Boomail address using Gmail manually, however TTD, for one reason or another, isn't able to send it to that same address using the same Gmail account. The BCC option is not checked, and the other email recipients in my TTD tones config file receive the messages. I'm using TTD v61 on a Win 7 machine.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:09 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Have you been able to send them before now or is this the first time? I'm running two v61 on two thin clients and sending them to two different account on AudioBoo without any problem using Gmail.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScanYak View Post
Have you been able to send them before now or is this the first time? I'm running two v61 on two thin clients and sending them to two different account on AudioBoo without any problem using Gmail.
I had set up Boomail on another machine using TTD v57 or v58 several months ago, but that never worked either. I had BCC checked on that machine. I unchecked it & it still didn't work. This is an entirely new setup...new PC, new scanner, new location, new version of TTD. I figured I'd give it another shot with this new setup, but I'm having about as much luck with this one as I did the old one.
Old 07-02-2013, 3:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlnorth View Post
I had set up Boomail on another machine using TTD v57 or v58 several months ago, but that never worked either. I had BCC checked on that machine. I unchecked it & it still didn't work. This is an entirely new setup...new PC, new scanner, new location, new version of TTD. I figured I'd give it another shot with this new setup, but I'm having about as much luck with this one as I did the old one.
[1] On Win7/8 you'll get an error that Telnet isn't installed. Run this from the command line:
pkgmgr /iu:"TelnetClient"

[2] Appears you may not be getting out to the world on SMTP. Go to command prompt, type
telnet smtp.gmail.com 587

and you should get something back like this:
220 mx.google.com ESMTP n5sm17350676igv.5 - gsmtp

[3] While not doing any browsing, emailing, etc, turn off your anti-virus.. If you're on a domain network where your network security guy is moronic, tell him this is being used for only this program and he can disable all the "extra" modules. Said moron probably also has the full anti-virus package running on SQL servers.

Last edited by jhsands; 07-02-2013 at 3:08 AM.. Reason: 1
Sponsored links
Old 07-02-2013, 4:30 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Since upgrading to version 60 about 3-4 weeks ago I haven't changed any of the email settings since initially setting up the program with just one department. Gmail password hasn't been changed recently, no messages to confirm anything when gmail browser opened. Email settings in config.cfg and main screen look correct to me in regard to user ID and Password. When I set it up I put my password in edit config info on main screen and let it do the encoding, when I open config.cfg password is already encoded by program. The only changes I made to the program PRIOR to this error was:

Thoughts?
Maybe a one time program glitch, or I have a setting wrong somewhere, or an internet hiccup like jhsands said?

Thanks,
Grady
Thanks for the detailed response. My vote is for the hiccup. It sounds like you have everything set up properly.
Old 07-02-2013, 7:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmbaker13 View Post
Here I am attaching a copy of the set up of how I have my TwoToneDetect60 setup maybe someone can tell me why it will not send the messages to my Smart Phone.

Gary
The problem is Comcast requiring SSL for email login. I believe that the newest version (61) does allow for SSL and should fix your situation.
Old 07-02-2013, 8:12 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default AudioBoo problem resolved

I deleted the other email addresses from my tones.cfg and the Boomail address worked fine. I added the other addresses after the Boomail address and Boomail worked fine again. For some reason, Boomail only seems to work when it is the 1st email address listed in the tones.cfg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsands View Post
[1] On Win7/8 you'll get an error that Telnet isn't installed. Run this from the command line:
pkgmgr /iu:"TelnetClient"

[2] Appears you may not be getting out to the world on SMTP. Go to command prompt, type
telnet smtp.gmail.com 587

and you should get something back like this:
220 mx.google.com ESMTP n5sm17350676igv.5 - gsmtp

[3] While not doing any browsing, emailing, etc, turn off your anti-virus.. If you're on a domain network where your network security guy is moronic, tell him this is being used for only this program and he can disable all the "extra" modules. Said moron probably also has the full anti-virus package running on SQL servers.
Old 07-02-2013, 9:58 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I tried typing: telnet smtp.gmail.com 587 in the command prompt and got the 220 mx.google.com ESMTP n5sm17350676igv.5-gsmtp

so what does this mean, I have a problem with my email account?
Gary
Old 07-02-2013, 11:53 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default TwoToneDetect60 Problem corrected

By doing a test of the "Telnet" in the Command Prompt I found that the Telnet was not working on my PC, now I have it corrected and every thing is work fine now. Thank you for the help in finding my problem.

Thanks Gary

Tags
twotonedetect