RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 8:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
As a troubleshooting step, try disabling Playback During Record and see if that gets rid of the echo. Any chance you have duplicate tone sets in your tones.cfg file?

Andy
It appears that disabling the "playback during record" got rid of the echo

Thanks again!
I think this solves all of my transition issues
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2013, 8:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian79z View Post
It appears that disabling the "playback during record" got rid of the echo

Thanks again!
I think this solves all of my transition issues
Ok, I'll do some testing here and try to figure out if that's an issue with the v63 code or not.

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Old 09-02-2013, 4:50 AM

Hi.

I'm getting the following error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 83, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Deer Creek Fire Dept\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect63\outPYZ1.pyz/pyaudio", line 850, in get_device_info_by_host_api_device_index
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x9f in position 11: invalid start byte
  File "<string>", line 144, in <module>
NameError: name 'inv_input_device_indices' is not defined
Succesfully retrieved local tone info
Longtone1
  File "<string>", line 729, in <module>
KeyError: ''
How to fix it?
Old 09-03-2013, 8:03 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantoch View Post
Hi.

I'm getting the following error:

Code:
  File "<string>", line 83, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Deer Creek Fire Dept\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect63\outPYZ1.pyz/pyaudio", line 850, in get_device_info_by_host_api_device_index
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x9f in position 11: invalid start byte
  File "<string>", line 144, in <module>
NameError: name 'inv_input_device_indices' is not defined
Longtone1
  File "<string>", line 729, in <module>
KeyError: ''
How to fix it?
Without more details, my best guess is that there is an error in either your tones.cfg or config.cfg file.

Andy

Old 09-03-2013, 2:49 PM

Quote:
When you added the ground loop isolator, did the audio levels change? It sounds like it may be decoding audio all the time, which means you may need to adjust the Audio Squelch slider up on the main screen. You should only see tone frequencies being decoded when there is radio traffic present.

As for v56 not starting up, did you edit the tones.cfg file manually or by using the Tones Editor GUI? If manual, it sounds like something got messed up with the manual edit. If something is bad with the syntax of the tones.cfg file the program may not start up. To see what the error message is, open a command prompt and run the _debug version of the program from the command line.

Andy
So I shouldn't see the freq's decoding in the debug (cmd) screen? I am recording off a mobile radio so the PL is set, the radio only sends audio when the PL is broken. I constantly see numbers being decoded in the debug screen.
Sponsored links
Old 09-03-2013, 3:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby52 View Post
So I shouldn't see the freq's decoding in the debug (cmd) screen? I am recording off a mobile radio so the PL is set, the radio only sends audio when the PL is broken. I constantly see numbers being decoded in the debug screen.
No you should only see the numbers being decoded when a signal is present. If you're seeing them all the time, your audio squelch level on the main screen is probably set too low.

Andy

Old 09-17-2013, 8:53 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Love the program. I have been using it for my department for about 6 months now. Just wanted to drop a line and say Thanks.

Mike
FF/ Medic
Old 09-20-2013, 7:40 AM

Default Technical Tone help

I need some tech help in setting up this tone detect for warble tones that are .150 sec on toneA and .150 sec on Tone B . Now I have it set up and working BUT it false fires too often ! I would like you to explain how the tone gap tolerance is afective and works ! If you need the settings I have them below! This tone is very fast and it works to detect it BUT I want this Two Tone Detect to allow more Warble tones to pass before activating... Like example tone 1030hz...2030...1030...2030...1030...2030hz NOW WE ALERT!! Because your system is picking up too many false triggers by only allowing example Tone 1030hz ...2030hz now Alert! Please Help , Your system is the only system that could work for my prodject Thanks !

[Section1]
email_user = daryl12488@yahoo.com ;user id to log in to email account used for sending emails
email_pwd = VG9ieWJveTgwMDAjIw== ;password to log into email account used for sending emails encoded in base64
email_server = smtp.mail.yahoo.com ;SMTP server address of email provider
email_port = 465 ;port to access email server with
record_seconds = 15 ;number of seconds of audio to record after a valid tone set is found
record_delay = 1 ;number of seconds to wait after a tone set is found before starting to record
tone_tolerance = 0.005 ;tolerance of tone detection algorithm 1% = .01
input_device_index = 1 ;index of audio input device
output_device_index = 6 ;index of audio output device
audio_threshold = 67 ;threshold of audio squelch. audio signals below this level will be ignored
tone_offset = 0.002 ;tone offset in percentage. .01 = +1% tone offset, -.02 = -2% tone offset, etc.
mp3_bitrate = 32000 ;bit rate of mp3 encoder. Lower bitrate = smaller file size and lower audio quality
BCC = 0 ;1 = email addresses will be BCC'ed (hidden from other recipients). 0 = recipients will see other recipients
email_priority = 3 ;priority of email (1=highest, 3=normal, 5=lowest)
release_time=3.0 ;amount of silence (in seconds) required before recording will stop (max=60 seconds)
email_from = emailuserid

;ADD MORE TONE SETS HERE USING THE SAME FORMAT AS ABOVE

[Tone3]
Atone = 2807
Btone = 1901
Btonelength = 1
Description = Farmersville Fire Co_office decoder
Atonelength = 2
record_delay = 1
ignore_after = 30
mp3_emails =dzelectronics@aol.com
alert_command = start wmplayer /play /close "C:\Users\DZ Electronics\Desktop\TwoToneDetect63\ffmpeg-git-a254452-win32-static\warble.wav"
playback_during_record = 1

[Tone4]
Atone = 1030
Btone = 2030
Btonelength = .300
Description = Fire - Pre Alert office decoder
Atonelength = .300
ignore_after = 10
alert_command = start wmplayer /play /close "C:\Users\DZ Electronics\Desktop\TwoToneDetect63\ffmpeg-git-a254452-win32-static\Fire Pre-alert.wav"
gaplength = .150
Old 09-20-2013, 9:37 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZFirefighter View Post
I need some tech help in setting up this tone detect for warble tones that are .150 sec on toneA and .150 sec on Tone B .
Ok. This really isnt the way that the system is setup. I am really quite surprised is able to work. The tone gap is usually used for when there is a break between the first tone and second tone. Andy would be able to explain this better.

Quote:
[Section1]
record_seconds = 15 ;number of seconds of audio to record after a valid tone set is found
record_delay = 1 ;number of seconds to wait after a tone set is found before starting to record
tone_tolerance = 0.005 ;tolerance of tone detection algorithm 1% = .01
input_device_index = 1 ;index of audio input device
output_device_index = 6 ;index of audio output device
audio_threshold = 67 ;threshold of audio squelch. audio signals below this level will be ignored
tone_offset = 0.002 ;tone offset in percentage. .01 = +1% tone offset, -.02 = -2% tone offset, etc.
mp3_bitrate = 32000 ;bit rate of mp3 encoder. Lower bitrate = smaller file size and lower audio quality
BCC = 0 ;1 = email addresses will be BCC'ed (hidden from other recipients). 0 = recipients will see other recipients
email_priority = 3 ;priority of email (1=highest, 3=normal, 5=lowest)
release_time=3.0 ;amount of silence (in seconds) required before recording will stop (max=60 seconds)
email_from = emailuserid
Honestly it is best not to post the config file unless it is requested. You posted all of your email configs (password included) which can be back restored. You probably should change that email password FYI.

Quote:
[Tone4]
Atone = 1030
Btone = 2030
Btonelength = .300
Description = Fire - Pre Alert office decoder
Atonelength = .300
ignore_after = 10
alert_command = start wmplayer /play /close "C:\Users\DZ Electronics\Desktop\TwoToneDetect63\ffmpeg-git-a254452-win32-static\Fire Pre-alert.wav"
gaplength = .150
I think you just need to increase the gaplength to make things skip over the extra tones. Either that or expand out your global record_delay.

Good luck with this. This is definitely not the intended use but if you can get it to work more power to you.
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2013, 10:31 PM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecker View Post
Ok. This really isnt the way that the system is setup. I am really quite surprised is able to work. The tone gap is usually used for when there is a break between the first tone and second tone. Andy would be able to explain this better.

Honestly it is best not to post the config file unless it is requested. You posted all of your email configs (password included) which can be back restored. You probably should change that email password FYI.

I think you just need to increase the gaplength to make things skip over the extra tones. Either that or expand out your global record_delay.

Good luck with this. This is definitely not the intended use but if you can get it to work more power to you.
Thanks for the info !! I will be doing more tests and if anyone out there has any idea ..Please feel free to help me out in getting this system working consistently ALL tips of trade are accepted ! I would like to talk with software designer about this system. BECAUSE I have at least 3 systems running at different locations and more people want to use it if I can get it to work right !
Old 09-21-2013, 5:37 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:

I agree 100%, the program is not deigned to detect warble tones. If you can make it work with them it will be very prone to falsing as DZ has found. I had some success in the past once when i tried. If you are really serious about this, the best thing to do would be to use one of the older open source versions (prior to v57) and work on the timing and lengths within the program. This will involve some programming in Python.

Good luck.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:48 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Read the posts around #1340 on page 68 of this forum. A search for the term Warble may turn up others.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:58 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
Read the posts around #1340 on page 68 of this forum. A search for the term Warble may turn up others.
Quicklink for ya: New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based. That should get you to post #1340

Quote:
Like example tone 1030hz...2030...1030...2030...1030...2030hz NOW WE ALERT!!
Now could you get the dispatcher to add an "Attention" tone? Say a 3 second tone after the warbles? Then you could try to key off of that. Maybe dispatch could add that in. A 600Hz tone isn't all that annoying and would be much easier to detect. It would look like [warbles][3 sec tone][spoken info].

Either that or Andy needs to add Warble to the types of "two tones" he supports. He could put that right after DTMF support on his future ideas list.
Old 09-21-2013, 9:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Either that or Andy needs to add Warble to the types of "two tones" he supports. He could put that right after DTMF support on his future ideas list.
While anything is possible, supporting warble tone detection will probably never happen. First off, there's a reason warble tones aren't used for paging or alerting...those types of signals are much harder to detect easily and without falsing. It's possible using modern DSP techniques, but much more difficult. Second, there are so many different types of warble tones out there that it would be even harder to put something together to support all of them. They're made to get a person's attention, not a machine's attention. Getting the attention of a machine is what paging and signaling formats like two-tone, DTMF, etc. were designed for.

Andy

Old 09-24-2013, 6:33 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I am having a issue there receiving pages sending pages and i am not receiving them. what are some solutions.

thanks,
matt
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2013, 6:43 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnelson26 View Post
I am having a issue there receiving pages sending pages and i am not receiving them. what are some solutions.
Matt,
Not to be snarky on you but at this point all I know is... "Its not working". Please jump over to the Top 5 Things Needed when TTD has a problem. Follow that template and many of us that lurk around here can get started nailing down your problem.

As a quickie for you the first place to start is the logs.txt file in the TTD folder and see if you find anything there. But seriously go and do the template in my signature (same link as above). It helps a lot.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:42 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnelson26 View Post

thanks,
matt
I've been getting a number of reports from people that over the past week or so they've had issues with some of their members getting MMS messages while others haven't. From what I can tell US Cellular and Sprint are problematic while Verizon is ok. I don't know what the cause of these issues is...if some of your members are getting the messages, that means the program is working properly. You'll have to follow up with your phone provider.

Andy

Old 09-24-2013, 1:27 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

What operating system are you running TTD on? windows 7 32bit
What version of TTD are you running? 63
Has TTD ever work on this computer? yes
Did you run the debug version of TTD? yes
After running the debug version, what does the log.txt file have in it? (This file will have valuable information that can get things potentially resolved quite quickly.)

on dakota county one
Tone1
Tone2
Tone3
Tone4
Tone5
Tone6
Tone7
Tone8
Tone9
Tone10
Tone11
Tone12
Tone13
[1472.0, 1472.0, 1512.0, 1512.0, 1512.0, 1512.0, 1512.0, 1512.0, 1512.0, 1512.0,
1512.0, 1512.0, 1512.0, 1512.0, 1512.0, 1512.0, 1512.0]
[392.0, 392.0, 1511.9, 1511.9, 1511.9, 1511.9, 1511.9, 1511.9, 1511.9, 1511.9, 1
511.9, 1511.9, 1511.9, 1511.9, 1511.9, 1511.9, 1511.9]
[412.8, 412.8, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1
512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1]
[433.0, 433.0, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1
512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1, 1512.1]
[810.1, 810.1, 422.7, 422.7, 422.7, 422.7, 422.7, 422.7, 422.7, 422.7, 422.7, 42
2.7, 422.7, 422.7, 422.7, 422.7, 422.7]
[810.2, 810.2, 538.1, 538.1, 538.1, 538.1, 538.1, 538.1, 538.1, 538.1, 538.1, 53
8.1, 538.1, 538.1, 538.1, 538.1, 538.1]
[810.1, 810.1, 906.1, 906.1, 906.1, 906.1, 906.1, 906.1, 906.1, 906.1, 906.1, 90
6.1, 906.1, 906.1, 906.1, 906.1, 906.1]
[1321.9, 1321.9, 512.0, 512.0, 512.0, 512.0, 512.0, 512.0, 512.0, 512.0, 512.0,
512.0, 512.0, 512.0, 512.0, 512.0, 512.0]
[1393.2, 1393.2, 485.1, 485.1, 485.1, 485.1, 485.1, 485.1, 485.1, 485.1, 485.1,
485.1, 485.1, 485.1, 485.1, 485.1, 485.1]
[952.2, 952.2, 566.4, 566.4, 566.4, 566.4, 566.4, 566.4, 566.4, 566.4, 566.4, 56
6.4, 566.4, 566.4, 566.4, 566.4, 566.4]
[952.2, 952.2, 599.9, 599.9, 599.9, 599.9, 599.9, 599.9, 599.9, 599.9, 599.9, 59
9.9, 599.9, 599.9, 599.9, 599.9, 599.9]
[951.0, 951.0, 635.4, 635.4, 635.4, 635.4, 635.4, 635.4, 635.4, 635.4, 635.4, 63
5.4, 635.4, 635.4, 635.4, 635.4, 635.4]
[360.0, 360.0, 360.0, 360.0, 360.0, 360.0, 360.0, 360.0, 360.0, 360.0, 360.0, 36
0.0, 360.0, 360.0, 360.0, 360.0, 360.0]
360.0 1564
360.0 1554
360.0 1531
360.0 1549
360.0 1561
360.0 1528
360.0 1548
360.0 1536
360.0 1541
360.0 1522
360.0 1497
360.0 1551
360.0 1525
360.0 1654
360.0 1525
360.0 1549
360.0 1549
TEST Tone Set Found
Tone1
Tone2
Tone3
Tone4
Tone5
Tone6
Tone7
Tone8
Tone9
Tone10
Tone11
Tone12
Tone13
delay timer TEST 13:04:40 on 09/24/13
'C:\test.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
delay done TEST 13:04:40 on 09/24/13360.0 1579
waiting for audio TEST 13:04:40 on 09/24/13

threshold value: 1448.15468787
starting record at 13:04:40 on 09/24/13
360.0 1532
done recording at 13:04:40 on 09/24/13
1547 max level at 13:04:40 on 09/24/13
threshold exceeded
recording audio TEST 13:04:40 on 09/24/13

Waiting for Silence TEST 13:05:22 on 09/24/13
Done recording TEST 13:05:22 on 09/24/13
done writing WAV TEST 13:05:22 on 09/24/13
ffmpeg version N-43921-ga366bea Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the FFmpeg developers
built on Aug 26 2012 20:57:47 with gcc 4.7.1 (GCC)
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-pthreads --enable-runt
ime-cpudetect --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-frei0r --enable-libass -
-enable-libcelt --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-l
ibfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libnut --enable-libopenj
peg --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheo
ra --enable-libutvideo --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-li
bvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --ena
ble-zlib
libavutil 51. 70.100 / 51. 70.100
libavcodec 54. 54.100 / 54. 54.100
libavformat 54. 25.104 / 54. 25.104
libavdevice 54. 2.100 / 54. 2.100
libavfilter 3. 13.101 / 3. 13.101
libswscale 2. 1.101 / 2. 1.101
libswresample 0. 15.100 / 0. 15.100
libpostproc 52. 0.100 / 52. 0.100
[wav @ 01febfe0] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5015510
Guessed Channel Layout for Input Stream #0.0 : mono
Input #0, wav, from './audio/TEST_2013-09-2413_05_22_212000.wav':
Duration: 00:00:41.79, bitrate: 176 kb/s
Stream #0:0: Audio: pcm_s16le ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 11025 Hz, mono, s16,
176 kb/s
Output #0, mp3, to './audio/TEST_2013-09-2413_05_22_212000.mp3':
Metadata:
TSSE : Lavf54.25.104
Stream #0:0: Audio: mp3, 11025 Hz, mono, s16, 32 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (pcm_s16le -> libmp3lame)
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
size= 164kB time=00:00:41.80 bitrate= 32.1kbits/s
video:0kB audio:164kB subtitle:0 global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.144987%
done converting to MP3 TEST 13:05:22 on 09/24/13
MP3 Email sent! TEST page received at 13:05:22 on 09/24/13 13:05:28 on 09/24/13
'c:\test2.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

my other one

delay timer test 13:10:40 on 09/24/13
'c:\test.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
delay done test 13:10:40 on 09/24/13
waiting for audio test 13:10:40 on 09/24/13
threshold value: 512.0
starting record at 13:10:40 on 09/24/13360.0 1514

360.0 1509
done recording at 13:10:40 on 09/24/13
1509 max level at 13:10:40 on 09/24/13
threshold exceeded
recording audio test 13:10:40 on 09/24/13
360.0 1505
360.0 1507
360.0 1487
360.0 1500
360.0 1508
360.0 1512
360.0 1532
Waiting for Silence test 13:11:22 on 09/24/13
Done recording test 13:11:22 on 09/24/13
done writing WAV test 13:11:22 on 09/24/13
ffmpeg version N-32726-ga254452, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
built on Sep 19 2011 19:49:13 with gcc 4.6.1
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-runtime-cpudetect --ena
ble-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-
libopencore-amrwb --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --ena
ble-libopenjpeg --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --en
able-libtheora --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis
--enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib

libavutil 51. 16. 1 / 51. 16. 1
libavcodec 53. 16. 0 / 53. 16. 0
libavformat 53. 12. 0 / 53. 12. 0
libavdevice 53. 4. 0 / 53. 4. 0
libavfilter 2. 43. 2 / 2. 43. 2
libswscale 2. 1. 0 / 2. 1. 0
libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
[wav @ 01B08520] parser not found for codec pcm_s16le, packets or times may be i
nvalid.
[wav @ 01B08520] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5015510
Input #0, wav, from './audio/test_2013-09-2413_11_22_374000.wav':
Duration: 00:00:41.79, bitrate: 176 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 11025 Hz, 1 channels,
s16, 176 kb/s
[mp3 @ 0285C580] Unsupported sample rate.
Output #0, mp3, to './audio/test_2013-09-2413_11_22_374000.mp3':
Metadata:
TSSE : Lavf53.12.0
Stream #0.0: Audio: mp3, 11025 Hz, 1 channels, s16, 32 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0.0 -> #0.0 (pcm_s16le -> libmp3lame)
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
size= 164kB time=00:00:41.90 bitrate= 32.0kbits/s
video:0kB audio:164kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.019690%
done converting to MP3 test 13:11:22 on 09/24/13
MP3 Email sent! test page received at 13:11:22 on 09/24/13 13:11:28 on 09/24/13
'c:\test2.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Last edited by mattnelson26; 09-24-2013 at 2:59 PM..
Old 09-24-2013, 3:26 PM

I am using V56. Anything I need to do to upgrade to the newest version? Do I have to uninstall the old version? I just don't want to have issues with the new version and not be able to have any two tone capability.
Old 09-24-2013, 5:41 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Exclamation Ahh

Quote:
I've been getting a number of reports from people that over the past week or so they've had issues with some of their members getting MMS messages while others haven't. From what I can tell US Cellular and Sprint are problematic while Verizon is ok. I don't know what the cause of these issues is...if some of your members are getting the messages, that means the program is working properly. You'll have to follow up with your phone provider.

Andy

Apparently Sprint has a Data Issue that if isnt resolved by Friday they will get called back.

Tags
twotonedetect