Big difference in volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediaseth

I had been streaming through another service. It was working, but I wanted to move it over to here for the better player. After moving it here, I noticed my volume is 1/4th what it used to be. All the settings on my computer's input are where they ought to be, and my scanner's volume is all the way up, but it's just too darn low. I have to blast it to hear it. I'm not sure what to do?

mediaseth

I fixed it by using the mic instead of line in. However, it's coming out distorted even out of the scanner speaker, so while it may sound overmodulated online, it's coming in that way. Channels besides police are clear. Go I wonder how they hear each other?

mediaseth

Okay, so it's clear through the scanner and distorted through the webcast. I can't fix it. None of my levels are maxed out, which would normally be a telltale sign of running too hot. I'm not. Yet, it's distorting.

mediaseth

Thanks. It's line-in, but now the volume is WAY too low, with the output on my scanner cranked and the software controls on my computer maxed for that input.

If I listen to two streaming scanners at once, the other one drowns mine out. It's easily 4 times the volume. That's what I need to fix, now.

Status
Not open for further replies.