No audio from scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhalbasch

Premium Subscriber
I'm not new to scanning, but new to streaming a scanner online. I've hooked up an audio cable to the "line out" of my BC895xlt scanner and plugged the other end into the "line in" on my sound card. On scannercast I have the input set to line in but I still get no audio on the feed. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Dennis

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Line Out

I'm not new to scanning, but new to streaming a scanner online. I've hooked up an audio cable to the "line out" of my BC895xlt scanner and plugged the other end into the "line in" on my sound card. On scannercast I have the input set to line in but I still get no audio on the feed. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Dennis

Are you sure it is a LINE OUT rather than a REC OUT? I know the newer Unidens have REC OUT and you have to enable RECORD for every channel you want to feed audio to that jack. I believe I use to have a 895 but that was too long ago to remember. I use the REC Out on my 996XT for my feed and it works quite well for the channels that I enabled the REC Out for.

dhalbasch

Premium Subscriber
It doesn't have the rec out line, just a "Line" option. I do have it enabled. When it locks on a channel, it does show "Line" in the display.

dhalbasch

Premium Subscriber
I changed from the "line" output to the "speaker/headphone" output and it does work. Now trying to find out why it doesn't work on "line" output, which is what I want to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.