Looking for Scanner Recording Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

sffire

Premium Subscriber
I now have Windows 7 computers. In the past, I have computers with Windows XP. I would like to record scanner radio traffic using voice activated software so I do not have to listen to silence when nothing is going on. I have used a program called VoxToFile version 2 by Iain Mccaulay (c)2006 which is a freeware. It creates a new file every hour and can schedule recording an event. Sometimes, I record stuff being broadcast online. Now that I am switching to a newer computer, I an wondering what software other people are using, any issues and if they had to add a separate sound card.

rbm

I should have also mentioned that you can control what data is logged with each hit.
Here's what I typically use.

154.8000, 355, Broome County, Sheriff F-1, 98 Private Feed2, 154.8000 C103.5, 01548000

By the way, this is what's logged on a Close Call Hit.
I only care about frequency. That's the last command in the list, without a decimal point.
In this case 118.600.

, 494, , , , ‡ˆ, 01186000

Here are the Radio Setting selections to do that.

Last edited:

sffire

Premium Subscriber
can this program record two scanners, each scanning different channels at the same time? Like one scanner on dispatch and one on fireground? Does the scanners gets plugged into the sound card as the microphone or something else?

Placid1

I use ID TRACKER III (freeware) with my 996XT.

It has a segment recording option that allows playing back seperate transmissions.

I like that because I can spot the "rodger" traffic because its only a couple seconds long vs. something more interesting.

Last edited:

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Scanner Recorder Pro, I use and it is by far the best scanner recording software I have ever used. I HIGHLY recommend this software!

Status
Not open for further replies.