Audacity Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
I have figured out how to make this program work for me. Now I need to cross another bridge! I run a stereo feed and I want to edit an archive file within my feed. Problem is at times within the playback I have both the left and right channels broadcasting at the same time. Can I use Audacity to separate the left and right channels and remove what I don't want from one side to the other? If I can't edit the channels apart from each other could someone tell me of a freeware program out there that I could use to separate the channels and save what I need.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
I have figured out how to make this program work for me. Now I need to cross another bridge! I run a stereo feed and I want to edit an archive file within my feed. Problem is at times within the playback I have both the left and right channels broadcasting at the same time. Can I use Audacity to separate the left and right channels and remove what I don't want from one side to the other? If I can't edit the channels apart from each other could someone tell me of a freeware program out there that I could use to separate the channels and save what I need.

Audacity can do this. On the left side of the audio track there is a pulldown menu. Select "Split Stereo Track" and it will split the stereo track into two mono tracks that can each be edited separately and exported separately to WAV files if desired.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.