Does anyone have some pictures of a Uniden BCD996XT scanner hooked up for streaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd0aat

I am having some problems getting my stream to work correctly. I would like to see a picture of a uniden bcd996xt scanner connected to a laptop computer if possible.

I have a data cord attached from the front of the scanner to a usb connection on my laptop.
I also have a 1/8" mono plugged into the record out (green) on the back of the scanner which is connects into the laptop (red) colored input jack. (both ends of cord have an 1/8"mono)

I am using the rr scancast software provided via link from radio reference.

I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me about setting a uniden bcd996xt correctly. sure would be great if i could just call radio reference on the telephone!!!

kd0aat

thanks for the reply. Ok, if i hook it to the external speaker output, will i still be able to listen to my scanner?

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Not locally - unless you use a splitter to feed audio to the PC (for the feed) and also to an external speaker.

For the sake of simplicity, I suggested using the SPKR audio out. I believe in order for audio to come out of the REC port, you need to have software to control that. Someone else will have to speak to the full capabilities of the REC port.

Status
Not open for further replies.