Radiofeed 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF7VYC

Premium Subscriber
anyone else having an issue with RadioFeed 2.1 dropping its connection over and over ? i can not seem to keep it connected :(

timeout
reconnect
disconnect
timeout

System is windows XP 1.86Ghz C2D with 3 GB ram
on a Cable Business Class 50Mbps connection
and only 2 other pc's on it

rzq4x4

I too am having the same problem. I thought it was related to the internet connection after some testing the internet connection is solid. Maybe RR server?

John

KF7VYC

Premium Subscriber
i even re installed the PC and its sitting at barebones and still doing it the modem was replaced so its gotta be something else

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Are you running AVG anti-virus software? That program is known to inturupt the TCP communications.

KF7VYC

Premium Subscriber
the phrase BAREBONE means nothing but the main system and .net 2.0 is installed not even done windows updates yet so no AVG is not installed and no Firewall either

sorry if i seem like an *** but i got people complaining i even replaced the PC and the router modem and everything

Last edited:

rzq4x4

I have two computers doing it from two different locations, two different ISP's. One is a Windows 7 Pro P4 3.6 Ghz with 3GB ram and Security Essentials, Windows Firewall turned on mainly used to serve the Audio files and backup files from network. The other is a bare bones no firewall no anti-virus nothing else installed, windows updates turned off Windows 7 Pro P4 3.6 Ghz with 4GB ram.

Both computers are now doing it. Don't know why. I have tried reinstalling and that does me no good.

KF7VYC

Premium Subscriber
at least now i know i am not alone ! i did get 7 hours without a disconnect but now its doing it again

Sorry but I don't believe there are any issues with RadioFeed at all.

But WAS021 and rzq4x4 experiences are to the contrary.

I was merely pointing out alternatives to both RadioFeed and Windows, since Windows it's self can be a major cause of many software issues.

But personally I have never even used RadioFeed, so I have no issues with it either.

KF7VYC

Premium Subscriber
Then it might be an Isolated issue but pawning it off as nothing is wrong is bad as a Developer.

The least you could do is contact me via PM or something and help me try an diagnose the problem. you might be right its not radiofeed, but when every other streaming software i use "ScannerCast" and "SAM Broadcaster " do not do the same issue only this one.

Now i am a Developer and run a company but do not develop in audio, but i know how to act as a developer. i know its not just me other people also have stated its happening to them so.

WAS021

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
But WAS021 and rzq4x4 experiences are to the contrary.

I was merely pointing out alternatives to both RadioFeed and Windows, since Windows it's self can be a major cause of many software issues.

But personally I have never even used RadioFeed, so I have no issues with it either.

TCP communications require several things in-line to work perfectly right and if one thing is not working correctly then the whole thing won't work. It may or may not be Windows related or RadioFeed related however RadioFeed has been time tested. When something doesn't work, it's easy to say it's this or that without knowing the definite root cause.

[EDIT] On problems that I can't duplicate, I have many times(20 or so) sent out test files until the bug is gone. I do work on bugs via email so I can get more input and send out test files.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Then it might be an Isolated issue but pawning it off as nothing is wrong is bad as a Developer.

The least you could do is contact me via PM or something and help me try an diagnose the problem. you might be right its not radiofeed, but when every other streaming software i use "ScannerCast" and "SAM Broadcaster " do not do the same issue only this one.

Now i am a Developer and run a company but do not develop in audio, but i know how to act as a developer. i know its not just me other people also have stated its happening to them so.

WAS021
I don't think you know how responsive I am as I always work on bugs or issues after I'm done with the current task. Email gets the highest priority and faster response(same with suggestions). Email me with the version, OS type, scanner type, and options pertaining to the bug.
Describe in detail what the bug is doing or not doing.

I'm in the middle of some R&D on a possible addition to the Web Server but will have some time in about 5 days to look at this.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
I don't think you know how responsive I am as I always work on bugs or issues after I'm done with the current task. Email gets the highest priority and faster response(same with suggestions). Email me with the version, OS type, scanner type, and options pertaining to the bug.
Describe in detail what the bug is doing or not doing.

I'm in the middle of some R&D on a possible addition to the Web Server but will have some time in about 5 days to look at this.

Yea right you still didnt get to my e-mail I sent you over 4 mos ago!

KF7VYC

Premium Subscriber
Well Bob here is what i have done, since i have a Web Hosting Company and ability to shape the packets
and prioritize them i did just that i have now limited my dropping connection to

06/29/2012 Dropped at 2334
07/01/2012 Dropped at 0929

but not all of the broadcasters have the funds or the knowledge to do traffic shaping
but even after giving it the best possible alternatives it still dropped but it has majorly improved

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Well Bob here is what i have done, since i have a Web Hosting Company and ability to shape the packets
and prioritize them i did just that i have now limited my dropping connection to

06/29/2012 Dropped at 2334
07/01/2012 Dropped at 0929

but not all of the broadcasters have the funds or the knowledge to do traffic shaping
but even after giving it the best possible alternatives it still dropped but it has majorly improved

What kind of error message do you see in RadioFeed?
Where do you see the dropped packets?
Not sure what you mean by shaping the packets. Is that the same as re-sizing them? I'm not sure what prioritizing is ether. TCP packets arrive at the destination in the same order as the sender.

[EDIT] What's the size of the packets before and after.
RadioFeed doesn't set the size as that's better to be set by the network settings.
[EDIT 2] RadioFeed sends 1000 byte packets to the TCP layer and the TCP layer sends out to the internet 8192 bytes usually.

Last edited:

KF7VYC

Premium Subscriber
what i mean is by prioritizing the packets that come from the port in question and program in question they get the highest possible chance to get sent first. the reshaping is actually reshaping the traffic as what goes out first in other words

its
HTTP Traffic
Radio Traffic
FTP Traffic
Mail Traffic
then Bulk Traffic

and before it was not shaped at all it would happen a lot. Another word for reshaping in my book is QoS shaping i use Hardware Level Cisco to do the job home routers do not work that great LOL

error i get is
Source Client - RadioReference Timeout
Source Client Disconnected
Source Client Connected To A RadioReference Server

and before i did what i did i was getting this on average every 2 - 3 hours and now you see the gap between when it happens and yes

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
what i mean is by prioritizing the packets that come from the port in question and program in question they get the highest possible chance to get sent first. the reshaping is actually reshaping the traffic as what goes out first in other words

its
HTTP Traffic
Radio Traffic
FTP Traffic
Mail Traffic
then Bulk Traffic

and before it was not shaped at all it would happen a lot. Another word for reshaping in my book is QoS shaping i use Hardware Level Cisco to do the job home routers do not work that great LOL

error i get is
Source Client - RadioReference Timeout
Source Client Disconnected
Source Client Connected To A RadioReference Server

and before i did what i did i was getting this on average every 2 - 3 hours and now you see the gap between when it happens and yes

Where do you see the dropped packets? Are they inbound or outbound?

TCP packets arrive at the destination in the same order as sent so no reshaping should be needed. It shouldn't be necessary to shape or prioritize the TCP packets and the network should be transparent to any TCP application. The errors that you are seeing in RadioFeed indicates that the near end TCP layer can not communicate with the far end but why?

One way to get a better grasp of what is happening is to run one at a time RadioFeed, Scannercast, Edcast, etc.. for a week each and plot the data using the same type of configuration for each.

Status
Not open for further replies.