Streaming Metadata format

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Wondering if anyone knows what format the metadata tags in streaming scanner audio are. I'm toying with using Flowplayer in a web page to play audio from Scannercast. I can get the audio but I'm not having luck with the metadata so far. I know that Flowplayer only supports ID3v2. Are the various scanner streaming programs using ID3v1? Anyone know the technical nuts and bolts?

Thanks,

Andy

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Wondering if anyone knows what format the metadata tags in streaming scanner audio are. I'm toying with using Flowplayer in a web page to play audio from Scannercast. I can get the audio but I'm not having luck with the metadata so far. I know that Flowplayer only supports ID3v2. Are the various scanner streaming programs using ID3v1? Anyone know the technical nuts and bolts?

Thanks,

Andy

Metadata is not ID3v2. The metadata format was created by Shoutcast. Click this link and read the metadata message format section.
- = [ AMPLE - An MP3 LEnder ] = -
To get the metadata interval, Read the "icy-metaint" HTTP header value.
[EDIT] The server will not send metadata if the player does not request it so the player needs to send a "icy-metadata:1" in the request header.

Last edited:

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Thanks. I guess that explains why there are so few web players that support it. Any recommendations on one? The Java player that radioreference uses seems a little bulky.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.