Remote client AND control for Android/iPhone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

Not exactly a scanner app, but check this out:

Best Remote Desktop App | Access Computer from iPad | Splashtop

You install a streamer from them on your desktop. You then install their app for iPhone ($1.99) or Android (I think the remote is $4.99). It gives you your complete desktop WITH AUDIO on your phone/tablet.

So here is how you use it:
Install a PC control program, such as ProScan or any other program that can do virtual scanner and remote. Run splashtop. You can zoom in on your scanner window and make it full screen on your device. You can move around the screen to click the control buttons from wherever you happen to be!

And the audio is in synch with the scanner display!

Of course it requires a data plan. YMMV may vary depending on your home upload speed and your data download speed.

I have tried it on iPhone 3G (Verizon) and Android tablet tethered to iPhone. Works about perfectly, although the Android version seems a bit more stable. This way you can bring your scanner with you anyplace you go with full remote control.

And yes, you can stream other audio and video from your desktop and control all PC functions.

This is the first one I have found that can properly stream audio along with the desktop screen. Give it a try. For tablets running 3.2 or better there is a free HD version you can try. It does no do remote from outside your home network without a paid add on, but you can check it out and see if you find it interesting.

scosgt

Just to note, you do not need a webserver for this to work. Just any program, even the Uniden free one, that will bring up a scanner window onto your desktop and control the scanner from the PC. Just feed the audio into line in, and this program will broadcast it to your device along with a full motion desktop. If you have wifi at work, you can bring your tablet and listen to/control your scanner right from there.
No networking knowledge is needed, no router adjustments are made. The one program does it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.