VOX Recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colton25

Does anyone use any recorder programs that they would recommend to a friend? I've been using RecAll however i have a few issues with it. Maybe someone can help me through them or you have a better recorder you would like to share.

Thanks Zane

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I believe Rob is referring to Scanner Recorder. It's a very good program, but the author has disappeared and is no longer supporting the program or issuing registrations for the "Pro" version.

I've played around with one called Audio Recorder Pro (Audio Recorder Pro & Platinum - audio recorder and audio recording software). It has similar features to Scanner Recorder, but I'm still testing.

Audacity is a universal audio recording program with a ton of features. It has "VOX", but it does clip on start-up a bit.

KC0QNB

I have been playing with a few pieces of software today. Xcorder works well but is quite old, last update in 2004. It does have a good vox setting, but it can only make wave files, well it says it can do other formats, but when I tried it, using various settings, all I got was an error, that told me there was not enough memory, in my system to make it work???, I guess 4 gig ram is not enough memory. But it has a nice logging feature, that updates with every "trip" of the vox.

Well that wasn't enough so I went hunting. I also have NCH record pad, the free version, that will make wavs and MP3s, at various settings (no memory issue with it). But it does not log every "trip". And since it is a new version it works better in modern windows OS based systems.

Now there is Audacity which I have used for years, it can be set up for vox operation, works in linux (ubuntu) and Windows, and Mac. No logging feature, but it is reliable, and you can convert your recordings to mp3 (with lame).

Now comes free Hi-Q, recorder and Easy Hi-Q recorder, both can record a variety of formats, but you are restricted to specific settings with the free version, no vox , no logging either, but if you spend the $29.95 the whole thing opens up, vox, different formats, and logging I believe.

There is my 50¢ worth (I overshot 2¢ worth a while back).

Status
Not open for further replies.