Four scanner streams via one PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4pbd

Can anyone give me an idea on how (or if) I can run four audio streams on a single pc? Running four instances of Proscan is easy enough but trying to separate audio streams beyond my ability. Is it even possible?

Thanks,

smason

I'm doing it with 3. I'm using cheap ebay USB sound cards. The only hassle is that the sound cards show up in windows with the same device name so sometimes it's hard to keep them straight.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Im running 5 on a netbook at my apt.
Takes a while to configure the sound profiles for each USB sound card but it does the trick.
I picked up a 6 port USB hub with external power supply as well.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
I used to provide 8 feeds from a single computer by installing two M-Audio Delta 1010LT cards in the same computer (each card gives you 4 stereo inputs), they're designed to allow you to have up to four of them installed in the same computer.

NYRHKY94

I'm running 5 of my 7 feeds from a Dell GX270 Tower using multiple PCI sound cards, including the M-Audio Delta 1010LT that Gordon posted about.

nunyax

I run 8 feeds on one PC (onboard sound, 3 PCI sound cards and 4 cheap USB sound cards on a USB hub.) Works fine.

Last edited:

W5JER

Im running 5 on a netbook at my apt.
Takes a while to configure the sound profiles for each USB sound card but it does the trick.
I picked up a 6 port USB hub with external power supply as well.

You can rename them in Deice Manager.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
A machine running ESXi with 4 virtual machines and 4 USB sound cards.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
You can rename them in Deice Manager.

Can you tell everyone how you do that? Do you add and rename one at a time and then do the next one?

Please spell it out for the Streaming For Dummies book is not yet available at my bookstore.

Status
Not open for further replies.