CB radio stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Now I know not everyone likes cb radio and whatnot. So in this thread I dont wanna hear from the haters.

Im interested in listening to these types of streams from all over. I just to this day still find these interesting to listen to.

Just wondering if we can generate some interest in getting these types online. In see no difference from any of the other types that are already out there.

I tend to listen to the Monmouth Co. one from New Jersey every so often especially when the skip is rolling.

I know there is only a few select others hosted on other sites. But would be interested in finding more.

Anyone interested in getting some other regions online?

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
Not hating, just curious.. what content are you trying to listen to?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I would assume that its not much different than from what you would hear listening to Ham radio, just really with less limits on what is allowed to be talked about.

Redneck0410

Now I know not everyone likes cb radio and whatnot. So in this thread I dont wanna hear from the haters.

Im interested in listening to these types of streams from all over. I just to this day still find these interesting to listen to.

Just wondering if we can generate some interest in getting these types online. In see no difference from any of the other types that are already out there.

I tend to listen to the Monmouth Co. one from New Jersey every so often especially when the skip is rolling.

I know there is only a few select others hosted on other sites. But would be interested in finding more.

Anyone interested in getting some other regions online?

I highly doubt it'd drum up any interest, especially with the overdriven illegal radios that already pollute that band. If it had the rules on it like with ham radio, maybe there'd be an interest, but I doubt it. I, for one, could do without hearing about a truckstop off I-5 when I live in Nebraska. I'm nowhere remotely close to I-5, nor will I be. I'll admit, listening to and shooting skip when the propagation is right is pretty damn cool. Would you want to hear of whining and complaining on a CB feed? Didn't think so.

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
Citizen's Band feeds on RadioReference/Broadcastify are "prohibited" according to the Feed Provider Terms of Service.

I am thinking that is the reason he started the thread, to try to get that changed. Not trying to put words in the OP's mouth, but that's kind of what it sounds like. OP, please correct me if I am wrong. But I do not believe this will get the rule changed unless there is a ton of interest, but like the previous poster said, I don't think there is the interest..

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Citizen's Band feeds on RadioReference/Broadcastify are "prohibited" according to the Feed Provider Terms of Service.

Well the one from New Jersey I listen to is clearly been on here for as long as I can remember. Check it out. It does get a few listeners on it on a daily basis. Usually when the skip is rolling.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I am thinking that is the reason he started the thread, to try to get that changed. Not trying to put words in the OP's mouth, but that's kind of what it sounds like. OP, please correct me if I am wrong. But I do not believe this will get the rule changed unless there is a ton of interest, but like the previous poster said, I don't think there is the interest..

Nothing like that at all. Just simply out of curiosity. Like I said. There is already one on here and its been here for a long time now.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Hhhheeeelllloooo

Really, is there anything good to listen to all the time? Channel 19 has become a joke. I would not want to have my family listen to the filth that is so prevalent today. It seems every second word is the same.

MeddleMan

I get it...

...and to me it seems like a good idea, for many reasons. It's too bad, if the restriction to CB streaming covers ALL channels, including GMRS/FRS, MURS and maybe others. I can imagine many reasons why not, and yet come up with some of why you should.

Seems no more or less important than any other wireless service streamed, however I am not a streamer, so I don't know the rules. I frequent many warehouses that use any Citizen Band, and would like to know in advance of arrival what may be going on inside or around the drop yard. Might be handy for a driver like me.

If not then, oh well. End of story.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Don't like it, don't listen to it. It's your choice, we do not force it upon you to listen to it. As I stated at the beginning of the thread, I wasn't perusing for the haters to come out from under there rocks. I was simply looking for other streams of this nature.

Really, is there anything good to listen to all the time? Channel 19 has become a joke. I would not want to have my family listen to the filth that is so prevalent today. It seems every second word is the same.

Samurai791

Premium Subscriber
I am a truck driver. I have been running CB for 30 years and I enjoy listening to it.
With that said, I don't think there should be any live feeds. Some of the transmissions made are just down right embarrassing to listen to. Especially,on channel 19. I have spent a few years running New Jersey and listening along Rte 95 at any time of the day is an aggravation that no one should have to deal with. There are too many illegal "big" radios and everybody seems to want to talk at the same time.
I enjoy talking skip when it comes in. I've talked all over the world. That's about the only thing in my opinion that might actually spark any interest in a live feed but even that doesn't happen often enough.
Most of the time when it does, unless you're on a SSB channel, most transmissions are in Spanish or some other foreign language.
CB is good to listen to on the road or for those that enjoy it as a hobby, but I don't think many people would want to listen to a live feed of all the garbage that you find on it.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"If it had the rules on it like with ham radio..."

Just to set the record straight and dispel a common misconception, ham radio is FCC Part 97 while CB is Part 95. The rules and regulations haven't gone away, only the individual licensing requirement has. Due to budget cuts they no longer monitor BUT in response to complaints they can and do enforce the rules and violators are heavily fined.

FCC Rules ans Regulations for CB Radio

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I would suggest anyone interested in listening to 11 meters to check for skip conditions or just to be curious go to RemoteHams.com | Home. You can listen anywhere on the band, from several spots around the world.

I used to host a feed there with my Icom IC-706MKIIG and had several regular listeners on 11m.

Status
Not open for further replies.