cell phone app

Status
Not open for further replies.

bg3926

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to listen on my cell phone to my scanner with my city freq programmed into it.

Here is what i have

Uniden BDC996XT (will be here in two days :)
Paid Subscription to RadioReference
Trial period with ProScan
FreeScan downloaded

Can somebody point me in the right direction to config this if possible. And i did do alot of searching the forums to try and find answers but no luck..

THANKS
Brad

DeRanKeR

Premium Subscriber
If you are asking if you can listen to your scanner via a smartphone, simply put the answer is yes. You can go to radioshack and buy 2 cables that connect your scanner to your PC. download a simple software called scannercast, then voila. You can become a feed provider, allowing everyone to listen, or you can do it over a LAN network and only have yourself listen to it. The app on your phone (linked directly to radioreference, and stays most up-to-date) is called scanner radio (android) 30 seconds after you have your feed approved and have it up and running, you can listen to it on your phone, PC, tablet... anything smart, really. Listening to it on your phone and PC, there is about a 30 second delay between actual radio transmission, and audio from your phone. Hope this helped a bit.

bg3926

Premium Subscriber
You can do it over a LAN network and only have yourself listen to it.

I already have the app scanner radio on my phone but dont see where i have any option to program my IP address to listen to my scanner? I can browse and play other radio broadcast.

THANKS

Bg

Status
Not open for further replies.