Can't find port for usb connected uniden scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
I only have two USB sockets on my Thinkpad laptop. I have a bcd999xt hooked up to one usb socket, and a 999t using the other usb socket. I am using ProScan software and need to add a second sound card (external) for audio from the second scanner. I tried adding a four port usb hub to give me more ports. But the external hubs won't give me the proper COM port numbers that I need to hook up the scanners. I have connected the USB hub to the sockets of both of my laptops hubs, but no luck. The scanners use COM ports four and five on my laptop, but those COM port numbers don't appear any of the usb hubs.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

NHdave

Premium Subscriber
You may want to check the configuration in device manager, Windows may have assigned the cable a different com port number than what it was originally after you brought the USB hub into the mix. Also you may need to use a powered hub if you're not already, not 100% on that though.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for answering. Im not sure about the powered hub, or if device manager has assigned a different com port number how to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.