RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording - Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2017, 4:43 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

ok thanks
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2017, 2:14 PM

Question Emails to text messages not working

Running TTD 68 on Windows 10 successfully for some time. Using Gmail as the SMTP server.

Seems that the email to text has stopped working for all providers. Audio file emails are still working fine. Using google groups to list the emails/text addresses so TTD only sends to 2 emails for each tone set, one for text messages and one for emails. None of the texts for each of the 5 tones sets I have setup are working but all of the audio emails are working.

I've logged into the Gmail account I'm sending from and I can send text message emails from there (directly -
no google group) without issue. No undeliverable messages received.

Tried sending a test text email (no google group involved) and TTD says text mail was sent successfully but I'm not getting them. Nothing else in the logs.

Seems that TTD is no longer sending out the text email when tones are detected either to my number directly or to the google group email address.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-24-2018, 7:17 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

JUST started having the same problem here but only for one provider. Emails coming in fine but text messages with the audio file attached no longer work and my gmail in box is filling up with messages stating they are undeliverable to those addresses only for that provider

I went into Gmail, attached the same audio file and sent it directly to my phone and it came through almost instantly so the problem is narrowed down to Two Tone.

Andy any thoughts?? Currently using 6.7 but Ive never had any other issues so I have never upgraded.
Old 01-26-2018, 8:18 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Update. Upgraded to the newest version 7.0

No issues. Working like a charm...the carriers I was having problems with are now getting texts with the audio files again
Old 02-01-2018, 9:42 AM

Having trouble with at&t, tried it as mp3 and as AMR with ######@mms.att.net. Updated to version 70 and now our EMS page went out but fire is sent at the same time and that page didn't go. I still have V69 on the computer and will get it running again instead of V70 but any input on why at&t isn't working would be great.
Sponsored links
Old 02-04-2018, 1:39 PM

Default lost audio

Running Windows 10 and V70, 2/2/18 lost audio to two tone detect. Scanner is sending audio to the computer and out to external speakers. it is like the program is not finding the sound card.. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.. Thanks
Pro 2096, BCD996T
BCT8
Old 02-05-2018, 3:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielhp89 View Post
Having trouble with at&t, tried it as mp3 and as AMR with ######@mms.att.net. Updated to version 70 and now our EMS page went out but fire is sent at the same time and that page didn't go. I still have V69 on the computer and will get it running again instead of V70 but any input on why at&t isn't working would be great.
Discovered the problem, can't include a 1 in front of the number with AT&T
Old 03-06-2018, 9:52 AM

Windows 7 64 bit, TTD V65 and then tried V70, was working fine then we lost all messages to US Cellular customers. they are entered in the system as ###########@mms.uscc.net. Nothing is bouncing back to my gmail account as undeliverable, any ideas?
Old 03-08-2018, 6:51 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

i am running version 69a. It was working on one machine and am needing to move it to a new machine. It opens and detects the message but does nothing after that
any ideas
Old 04-05-2018, 10:47 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Two Tone Detect Questions

I am running two tone detect on a computer and it works sometimes and sometimes it does not. The base I am picking up is about 12 miles away and and sometimes is real scratchy. I have a tower and placed a HG Base scanner antenna and it approx. 30 foot in the air. We are monitoring a 154.00 mhz. channel for our VFD.
I was wondering if this is the right antenna or I need a different type.
Old 04-05-2018, 9:15 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire701 View Post
I am running two tone detect on a computer and it works sometimes and sometimes it does not. The base I am picking up is about 12 miles away and and sometimes is real scratchy. I have a tower and placed a HG Base scanner antenna and it approx. 30 foot in the air. We are monitoring a 154.00 mhz. channel for our VFD.

I was wondering if this is the right antenna or I need a different type.

Perhaps not the most technical reply but I have had real good success with simple television antennas and their amplifiers for that range frequency. I will try to photo what I have if you need more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2018, 8:48 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thanks send me that picture if you can
Old 04-15-2018, 8:40 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Thanks send me that picture if you can

Been traveling, my apologies for the delay.

I stand corrected. On my primary it is a scanner antenna no longer being sold. However I do use a simple tv antenna amplifier to make it all work. The base I hit is 25 miles and the antenna is outside my second floor on an old satellite dish arm.

On my backup system I do use just an amplified TV antenna in my room which was designed to grab the local repeater traffic but surprisingly does get much of the same original traffic. ‘GE bar antenna amplified’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2018, 9:58 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thanks I will take a look at this
Old 05-16-2018, 7:08 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Running TTD 70 on Windows XP Home Premium

Running TTD 70 on Windows XP Home Premium. Using Gmail as the SMTP server. I get it to show that it picks up the two tones that I have on Tone Finder but it does not pick up on the Tone Detect and send the message. Do you have any thoughts. Have attached screenshot of both programs running.
Thanks in Advance fire701
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2018, 8:03 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default My Gmail settings

I am running Gmail for our pages with no problems, my settings are as follows:

Email UserID: emailaddress@gmail.com
Email Password: YourEmailPassword
Email "From" Address: emailaddress@gmail.com
Email Server: smtp.gmail.com
Email Port: 587
Use Email Authentication: Checkbox checked
Email Security: STARTTLS

Quote:
Running TTD 70 on Windows XP Home Premium. Using Gmail as the SMTP server. I get it to show that it picks up the two tones that I have on Tone Finder but it does not pick up on the Tone Detect and send the message. Do you have any thoughts. Have attached screenshot of both programs running.
Thanks in Advance fire701
Old 05-17-2018, 6:36 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Running TTD 70 on Windows XP Home Premium. Using Gmail as the SMPT server

Thanks W8VFD - I think that is the way I have it configured see attached screen shot for verification. Any other reason you can think of why it would not start recording. It gets the tone but does not start recording the message. As you see I have debug open so I can see if it is working and it does not. I do understand that the Two Tone Detect is a program and Two Tone Finder is a program but I thought they could work together at the same time. I have cut it all off rebooted the system and started all the programs over to make sure no other problems.
Thanks in advance
fire701
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2018, 7:11 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Thanks W8VFD - I think that is the way I have it configured see attached screen shot for verification. Any other reason you can think of why it would not start recording. It gets the tone but does not start recording the message. As you see I have debug open so I can see if it is working and it does not. I do understand that the Two Tone Detect is a program and Two Tone Finder is a program but I thought they could work together at the same time. I have cut it all off rebooted the system and started all the programs over to make sure no other problems.
Thanks in advance
fire701
It would be most helpful if you could post a screen shot of the debug screen clearly showing where TTD received the tone ser but failed to decode properly.

It appears that you are trying to decode 650/602. If standard two tone format you should find a string of five 650hz samples followed immediatelly by fifteen 602hz samples (or something close to thise numbers). If you don’t see those strings, TTD isn’t hearing your audio properly.

In your TTD folder you may also find a folder called logfiles. A new log is created each time you start TTD . The frequency strings as well as any error messages will be in the log.

Last edited by DC31; 05-17-2018 at 7:43 AM..
Old 05-17-2018, 8:18 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Running TTD 70 on Windows XP Home Premium. Using Gmail as the SMPT server

Ok I have attached the debug when the test was done at approx 17:09 5/16/2018. Also if you are saying it is not hearing the audio like it should. I can tell you this it is a little scratchy but I thought if it picks up the tones on tone finder that the signal is strong enough for the TDD to receive the audio to. Thats why I thought maybe I was doing something wrong in the setup but it just might be that. See what you see on the attached screen shot when the test was done on at that time and I will also look through the log files and see if any errors.
Thanks in advance
fire701
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2018, 2:57 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Ok I have attached the debug when the test was done at approx 17:09 5/16/2018. Also if you are saying it is not hearing the audio like it should. I can tell you this it is a little scratchy but I thought if it picks up the tones on tone finder that the signal is strong enough for the TDD to receive the audio to. Thats why I thought maybe I was doing something wrong in the setup but it just might be that. See what you see on the attached screen shot when the test was done on at that time and I will also look through the log files and see if any errors.
Thanks in advance
fire701
Attached is a screen shot showing what you are looking for. This one is for a tone set of 322/338. Until TTD starts receiving audio with tone indications like this, it won’t decode. Perhaps you need to adjust your scanner volume or otherwise improve the audio.
Attached Images