RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 12:31 PM

Default Pro Scan w/ two Scanners. Record/Control/Stream

Alright this might get a little confusing but, I want to know if it is possible to be able Record two scanners (15X & 996xt) on a single audio input using right and left. In addition to recording them i want to be able to run 2 instances of Pro Scan so that i can control each scanner using the on screen controls. And then the last thing i want to be able to do is stream it to Broadcastify as a Stereo Feed.

Is there anyway i can do this?

If you need any clarification of anything let me know.

Ant
Old 03-14-2013, 1:04 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolant113 View Post
Alright this might get a little confusing but, I want to know if it is possible to be able Record two scanners (15X & 996xt) on a single audio input using right and left. In addition to recording them i want to be able to run 2 instances of Pro Scan so that i can control each scanner using the on screen controls. And then the last thing i want to be able to do is stream it to Broadcastify as a Stereo Feed.

Is there anyway i can do this?

If you need any clarification of anything let me know.

Ant
Yes it can be done.

ProScan Instance #1
Scanner #1 connect to the Left input. Recorder Left level set to 100% and Right level to 0%. Set the comm port to the same port that scanner #1 is connected to.

ProScan Instance #2
Scanner #2 connect to the Right input. Recorder Right level set to 100% and Left level to 0%. Set the comm port to the same port that scanner #2 is connected to.

For streaming to Broadcastify, choose one of the ProScan instances. Source Client Left & Right levels set to 100% and choose stereo mode.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:58 PM

Perfect worked like a charm. Now another question i have is there a way to incorporate slave scan into the mix? If your familiar with that software.
Old 03-16-2013, 8:52 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Perfect worked like a charm. Now another question i have is there a way to incorporate slave scan into the mix? If your familiar with that software.
What is slave scan? Provide a link.
Old 03-16-2013, 8:56 AM

Default Pro Scan w/ two Scanners. Record/Control/Stream

https://sites.google.com/site/radioe...vedscanprogram

Old 03-16-2013, 9:30 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
I don't see how to incorporate slave scan into the mix because only one running program at a time can open and access a particular comm port.
Old 03-16-2013, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
I don't see how to incorporate slave scan into the mix because only one running program at a time can open and access a particular comm port.
Exactly my problem. No way at all to get around this?
Old 03-18-2013, 9:59 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Exactly my problem. No way at all to get around this?
There is a way to do this using com0com, but it's not trivial. You can find some details and examples here:

https://sites.google.com/site/radioe...canner-over-ip

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Old 03-21-2013, 7:35 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Question Hardware needed to stream 2 scanners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
Yes it can be done.

ProScan Instance #1
Scanner #1 connect to the Left input. Recorder Left level set to 100% and Right level to 0%. Set the comm port to the same port that scanner #1 is connected to.

ProScan Instance #2
Scanner #2 connect to the Right input. Recorder Right level set to 100% and Left level to 0%. Set the comm port to the same port that scanner #2 is connected to.

For streaming to Broadcastify, choose one of the ProScan instances. Source Client Left & Right levels set to 100% and choose stereo mode.
This sounds simple. But I cant envision it. "Left input?" "Right input?" I am running Windows XP Pro SP 3 on a Dell PC. It has a sound card with input for mic and outputs for speakers and headphones.. There is no left or right input. What hardware do I need to have one scanner on the left speaker and the other scanner on the right? Is there a sound card that has separate left and right inputs? If It matters, I'm using a BCD996T and BCD996XT with ProScan software.

Last edited by mike6pmnews; 03-21-2013 at 7:38 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2013, 9:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike6pmnews View Post
This sounds simple. But I cant envision it. "Left input?" "Right input?" I am running Windows XP Pro SP 3 on a Dell PC. It has a sound card with input for mic and outputs for speakers and headphones.. There is no left or right input. What hardware do I need to have one scanner on the left speaker and the other scanner on the right? Is there a sound card that has separate left and right inputs? If It matters, I'm using a BCD996T and BCD996XT with ProScan software.
You'll need a sound card with a stereo input, and then use a splitter cable or adapter to split the left and right stereo channels. Some mic inputs are single channel only (mono), so those wouldn't work. Other mic inputs are stereo, and pretty much all "line in" inputs will be stereo.

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Old 03-21-2013, 9:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Splitter suggestions

I assume I would need a splitter with two 3.5 mm mono female jacks and a 3.5 mm male stereo plug. I assume the audio would be "mixed" inside the splitter to left and right channels. I can't seem to find one that fits the bill.
Any suggestions?

Tags
broadcastify, control, feed, pro scan, uniden