RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014, 8:51 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxplurr06 View Post
I am just using the long tone at 688.0 Hz. I don't get any alerts when I send the 688 Hz tone to the pi.

I'm sure I am just looking over something simple. A second pair of eyes always helps.
take out the two lines that refer to c:/test.bat also if you are not using them. They will cause the computer to look for that file and it won't find it.
Sponsored links
Old 05-15-2014, 9:04 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I did what you said and used the two tones instead of the long. That seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:21 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Is there anyway to activate a GPIO pin when a tone is detected? I would like to connect it to a relay and have it flash some lights and activate a siren.
Old 05-21-2014, 2:17 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Is there anyway to activate a GPIO pin when a tone is detected? I would like to connect it to a relay and have it flash some lights and activate a siren.
I haven't attempted it but I believe you can use the alert_command or the post_alert_command parameter in the tones.cfg file to trigger a python script. Then if you know how to activate a GPIO pin, it should be pretty simple from there.
Old 05-22-2014, 3:16 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
I haven't attempted it but I believe you can use the alert_command or the post_alert_command parameter in the tones.cfg file to trigger a python script. Then if you know how to activate a GPIO pin, it should be pretty simple from there.
Exactly right. I'd suggest setting up a shell script or python script to toggle the pin, and execute it upon tone detection using the alert_command parameter.

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Sponsored links
Old 05-23-2014, 11:12 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks for the help! I got the pi to turn on the gpio for 10 seconds. It then activates a light bar I had siting around. I am very happy with the outcome.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:22 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Thanks for the help! I got the pi to turn on the gpio for 10 seconds. It then activates a light bar I had siting around. I am very happy with the outcome.
can u post a video?
Old 05-23-2014, 11:31 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
I also had a little time to kill this morning. Turkey hunting has gone badly for me this year and it is raining to boot.

I had a four relay SainSmart board laying around that I had never figured out. It turns out to be quite easy to make a little python program that switches the relays. In this photo the LED for relay No. 3 indicates that it has been activated. Those relays are rated 10A at 125-250 VAC and 10A at 28-30VDC. You should be able to switch most any load you want with them.

Here is the link to the most useful hardware setup information that I found. Mine is wired as shown in his image except I used relay #3 and GPIO pin 11.

Raspberry Pi • View topic - GPIO to SainSmart 4-channel relay board, transistors needed?
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2014, 11:52 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I will post a video as soon as I get out of class for the day.

I wish I could get more turkey hunting it but I am stuck at school for the summer semester.
Sponsored links
Old 05-23-2014, 3:31 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLd5YV0x4k0] Light Activation [url]
Old 05-23-2014, 9:43 PM

Default GMAIL Issues

I'm having troubles with GMAIL locking me out when using TTD on my Pi. After it sends two or three batches of e-mails, GMail will lock the account, and the Pi won't be able to send e-mails. If I login to the account on my computer, I have to fill-in the CAPTCHA word to get access to the account. Thene the Pi will be able to send e-mail.

Anyone have any solutions? I don't think I can use two-step verification on the Pi.

Warren
Old 05-24-2014, 11:21 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Re: TwoToneDetect on a Raspberry Pi - How To

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLd5YV0x4k0
Light Activation
To avoid setting off people's pagers, I hope you are using some other tones, another frequency, or something.

There are other ways to feed the tones into the TTD, such as an audio file from the computer or an app on your phone. That way there is no radio broadcast.

Sent via Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2014, 3:13 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Someone always has to be the radio police. No, this was not done on a public safety frequency. It was actually done on an Amateur radio frequency on low power. Yes, I am a licensed technician.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Re: TwoToneDetect on a Raspberry Pi - How To

Quote:
Someone always has to be the radio police. No, this was not done on a public safety frequency. It was actually done on an Amateur radio frequency on low power. Yes, I am a licensed technician.
Nothing about being radio police. I just know how annoying it is have to the pager going off, for no reason.

Sent via Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2014, 11:57 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by VE3FYN View Post
I'm having troubles with GMAIL locking me out when using TTD on my Pi. After it sends two or three batches of e-mails, GMail will lock the account, and the Pi won't be able to send e-mails. If I login to the account on my computer, I have to fill-in the CAPTCHA word to get access to the account. Thene the Pi will be able to send e-mail.

Anyone have any solutions? I don't think I can use two-step verification on the Pi.

Warren
You need to set up an application-specific password for TTD to use with gmail. See here:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1173270?hl=en

Andy

Sponsored links
Old 06-01-2014, 7:29 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Andy

I have numerous Verizon carriers on TTD not receiving alerts. Some are iPhones and some are droid phones but it's a big portion of Verizon carriers no other carrier is effected maybe the occasional sprint carrier but I don't have to many sprint people.

But its weird with these Verizon carries some get every ttd text alert others get a few ttd alerts but not all. Some don't get their dept ttd alert but get other dept alerts ( on same email address)

Then I have some that don't get alerts from one email address at all for ttd but they receive my other email address for alerts on a different ttd.

I'm operating 2 ttd on 2 different pi's and two gmail email addresses.

I have ATT and I get all the alerts just fine.
Any idea? I'm stumped

Thanks
Nick
Old 06-01-2014, 3:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick223 View Post
Andy

I have numerous Verizon carriers on TTD not receiving alerts. Some are iPhones and some are droid phones but it's a big portion of Verizon carriers no other carrier is effected maybe the occasional sprint carrier but I don't have to many sprint people.

But its weird with these Verizon carries some get every ttd text alert others get a few ttd alerts but not all. Some don't get their dept ttd alert but get other dept alerts ( on same email address)

Then I have some that don't get alerts from one email address at all for ttd but they receive my other email address for alerts on a different ttd.

I'm operating 2 ttd on 2 different pi's and two gmail email addresses.

I have ATT and I get all the alerts just fine.
Any idea? I'm stumped

Thanks
Nick
Nick,

A few things to check:

1) Make sure the attachments are being sent in AMR or mp3 format, not as WAV files. If they are being sent as WAV files, that means ffmpeg isn't working.
2) If AMR isn't working, try mp3 instead, and vice versa
3) Make sure you're sending to the MMS address, not the SMS address. For Verizon it's ##########@vzwpix.com
4) Is there any correlation between undelivered messages and attachement file size? Some carriers block attachments that are too large. If this is happening, you might need to shorten your recording or use a lower bit rate for encoding
5) If you're using a "From" address different from the actual account being used to send the message, it will sometimes get marked as spam
6) If you have a lot of people you're sending to, you can try using the BCC option to send, some people have reported that helps with large distribution lists

I'm surprised you're having problems with Verizon, they have had the least amount of issues of all of the carriers, in my experience.

Andy

Old 06-02-2014, 8:29 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thanks for getting back to me Andy. All these Verizon people/phones use to get alerts but recently stopped getting them. Like i said some of these Verizon people still get alerts from my other Pi; Pi 2 (different Email) but not from my my Pi 1 . Both Pis are set up identical. For your questions...

1. They are being sent as AMR and MP3 so ffmpeg is working

2. Went from Mp3 to AMR to AMR to Mp3 no change in receiving the alerts.

3. Yes all names are set up with the for mms address and not text alert.

4. They plan just dont receive anything i did cut the recording time down to 45 seconds and the biterate is 48k

5. im not sure what you mean by 'From" address the email sends out using the same gmail email address that is logged into TTD.

6. BCC is at 1 email address will be BCC'ed (hidden)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
Nick,

A few things to check:

1) Make sure the attachments are being sent in AMR or mp3 format, not as WAV files. If they are being sent as WAV files, that means ffmpeg isn't working.
2) If AMR isn't working, try mp3 instead, and vice versa
3) Make sure you're sending to the MMS address, not the SMS address. For Verizon it's ##########@vzwpix.com
4) Is there any correlation between undelivered messages and attachement file size? Some carriers block attachments that are too large. If this is happening, you might need to shorten your recording or use a lower bit rate for encoding
5) If you're using a "From" address different from the actual account being used to send the message, it will sometimes get marked as spam
6) If you have a lot of people you're sending to, you can try using the BCC option to send, some people have reported that helps with large distribution lists

I'm surprised you're having problems with Verizon, they have had the least amount of issues of all of the carriers, in my experience.

Andy
Old 06-08-2014, 10:01 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Anyone using a pi with digital scanner feeds? My pi or UBS sound cards sounds horribly distorted for state police starcom 21 digital feed. Is there a fix and a any way to get it to sound normal? All my Analog radio traffic that comes through sounds perfectly normal.
Old 06-09-2014, 5:14 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick223 View Post
Anyone using a pi with digital scanner feeds? My pi or UBS sound cards sounds horribly distorted for state police starcom 21 digital feed. Is there a fix and a any way to get it to sound normal? All my Analog radio traffic that comes through sounds perfectly normal.
What type (s) of distortion? I could see audio levels being a problem, or "frame loss" due to over taxing a low end processor.

Sent via Tapatalk