RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 9:37 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by krokus View Post
What type (s) of distortion? I could see audio levels being a problem, or "frame loss" due to over taxing a low end processor.

Sent via Tapatalk

It sounds so garbled. Take a listen if you like you will notice who the state police digital feed right away.

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14920
Sponsored links
Old 06-13-2014, 11:46 PM

Hey im wonder if this is possible

I want to have a lcd that displays the last page out time and have a relay powering a 12v led light

Ik how to program it but the lcd and relay require the 5v pin on the rPi

I rather not have to use a external power to trigger the relay if any one can help that would be great since im not good with electronics
Old 06-14-2014, 3:34 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigs164 View Post
Hey im wonder if this is possible

I want to have a lcd that displays the last page out time and have a relay powering a 12v led light

Ik how to program it but the lcd and relay require the 5v pin on the rPi

I rather not have to use a external power to trigger the relay if any one can help that would be great since im not good with electronics
Add a script, which calls a program to display the current time on the display, and turn on the lamp.

Sent via Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2014, 4:27 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Get yourself a Sainsmart 4 relay board off Amazon for about $9. Wire it to your pi as shown in the image at: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting Make sure that you remove the jumper across VCC/JDVCC. That utilizes 5 v. to pull the relay in and 3.3 v. to control it. The 5v and 3.3v are separated when the jumper is removed. I have one set up this way and it works like a charm. Some posts talk about exceeding the amp capacity of the pi's 5v. pin if all relays pull in simultaneously. It sounds like you only need one relay, though. Attached is a photo of mine.

You can easily call your python script from the alert_command parameter. Make sure that the script or program is accessible from the folder that TTD is running from. Then it would be something like: alert_command = sudo python blink.py
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2014, 4:42 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by krokus View Post
Add a script, which calls a program to display the current time on the display, and turn on the lamp.

Sent via Tapatalk
Here is a better image of how to hook it up with the jumper removed:
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1010/uk1a.jpg
Note that the 5v. pin on the pi goes to the JD-VCC pin with the jumper removed.

The whole post:

Raspberry Pi • View topic - GPIO to SainSmart 4-channel relay board, transistors needed?
Sponsored links
Old 06-14-2014, 5:58 PM

I under stand how to hook up a relay now but im still a little puzzled

Adafruit RGB Negative 16x2 LCD+Keypad Kit for Raspberry Pi:Amazon:Industrial & Scientific

this is the lcd im using it looks like it uses all the gpio pins but im not sure

Also if it dosnt use all the pins can I use pin 2 (5v) to power the lcd and pin 4 (5v) for the relay and would I just extend pin 4 threw the lcd board
Old 06-25-2014, 8:46 AM

Default Problem setting up on PI

Here is a screenshot of the problem that is occurring, everything is setup and configured. When I launch the twotonedetect60api.py program it gets to the point of 'audio_threshold' is not defined, and that is it. Any Ideas on what to do to fix this issue?
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2014, 8:31 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Don't you just love those error messages that point you right to the source of your problem?

I think that I have had this one in the past and it indicated that my Base64 encoded password was not correct in the Config.cfg file.

See TwoToneDetect on a Raspberry Pi - How To
Old 06-26-2014, 5:23 PM

What should the Base64 encoded password be?
Sponsored links
Old 06-26-2014, 8:30 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancomp View Post
What should the Base64 encoded password be?
It is your gmail login password (or other email provider) encoded as Base64.

To encode your password go to Base64 Decode and Encode - Online. Then copy and paste the result into the password entry in config.cfg.

If you encode the word twotonedetect it returns dHdvdG9uZWRldGVjdA==
Old 07-09-2014, 6:51 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick223 View Post
It sounds so garbled. Take a listen if you like you will notice who the state police digital feed right away.

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14920

I purchased an imic external speaker and that fixed the issue
Old 08-03-2014, 8:47 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Any idea why this keeps happening to my vnc? It's like the gray screen of death. Every so many months it happens to one of my pis and the only fix is to have to reimage a new sd card.
Old 08-16-2014, 4:45 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Errors at the end - not finding audio card?

I've managed to get all the way through to the end, and keep getting a fatal error when I get to running LevelMeter or TwoToneDetect.

This is a new Raspberry B+ I did have to do some install --fix missing when I was installing python

Any suggestions? Only my second project with the Pi, and very little linux experience.
I do see the activity light flashing on the USB audio card briefly when running level meter.
Did try two different models of USB audio cards

Thanks
Chuck

"pi@raspberrypi ~/ttd/dist $ python LevelMeter.pyc
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286: (snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.front.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4241: (_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4720: (snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM front
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286: (snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.surround40.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4241: (_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4720: (snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround40
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286: (snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.surround51.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround41
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286: (snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.surround51.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround50
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround51
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286: (snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.surround71.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround71
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286: (snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.iec958.0:CARD=0,AES0=4,AES1=130 ,AES2=0,AES3=2'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM iec958
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286: (snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.iec958.0:CARD=0,AES0=4,AES1=130 ,AES2=0,AES3=2'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM spdif
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM spdif
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217: (snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:957: (snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1018: (snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
FATAL: cannot locate cpu MHz in /proc/cpuinfo

pi@raspberrypi ~/ttd/dist $"
Old 08-16-2014, 8:26 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0nhj View Post
I've managed to get all the way through to the end, and keep getting a fatal error when I get to running LevelMeter or TwoToneDetect.

This is a new Raspberry B+ I did have to do some install --fix missing when I was installing python

Any suggestions? Only my second project with the Pi, and very little linux experience.
I do see the activity light flashing on the USB audio card briefly when running level meter.
Did try two different models of USB audio cards

Thanks
Chuck

"pi@raspberrypi ~/ttd/dist $ python LevelMeter.pyc
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286: (snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.front.0:CARD=0'

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:957: (snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1018: (snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
FATAL: cannot locate cpu MHz in /proc/cpuinfo

pi@raspberrypi ~/ttd/dist $"
The TTD-Pi program is incompatible with the most recent update to the Raspian operating system (I believe a June 2014 date). So what you want to do is to image your SD card with an earlier version of the OS to get TTD-Pi to work. Or if you send me a Private Message from this forum, I will send you a link to a copy of my card with the older OS and an operating TTD-Pi program as well as darkice for streaming to RadioReference.
Old 08-22-2014, 1:20 PM

Was there a lot of tweaking involved in getting darkice and TTD-Pi to co-exist? I'm on my 4th OS after figuring out the lastest Raspiban incompatibility.
Sponsored links
Old 08-22-2014, 9:40 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by phool View Post
Was there a lot of tweaking involved in getting darkice and TTD-Pi to co-exist? I'm on my 4th OS after figuring out the lastest Raspiban incompatibility.
Are you using a Model B+ pi by chance? This has complicated things considerably as only the most current OS works on the Model B+ so until some work is done on the program, TTD will not run on a Model B+

I have successfully run darkice on the B+ tonight following G Lyman's installation instructions.

If you have the older Model B (and they are still available) and are running TTD concurrently you need to get the audio from PulseAudio. Here is what my darkice.cfg looks like when also running TTD:

[general]
duration = 0 # duration of encoding, in seconds. 0 means forever
bufferSecs = 5 # size of internal slip buffer, in seconds
reconnect = yes # reconnect to the server(s) if disconnected

# this section describes the audio input that will be streamed
[input]
device = pulse # OSS DSP soundcard device for the audio input
sampleRate = 11025 # sample rate in Hz. try 11025, 22050 or 44100
bitsPerSample = 16 # bits per sample. try 16
channel = 1 # channels. 1 = mono, 2 = stereo

# this section describes a streaming connection to an IceCast2 server
# there may be up to 8 of these sections, named [icecast2-0] ... [icecast2-7]
# these can be mixed with [icecast-x] and [shoutcast-x] sections
[icecast2-0]
bitrateMode = cbr # constant bit rate
bitrate = 16
format = mp3 # format of the stream: mp3
quality = .1 # quality of the stream sent to the server
lowpass = 3000 # low pass filter to save bandwidth
server = audio1.radioreference.com # host name of the server
port = 80 # 8000 port of the IceCast2 server, usually 8000
password = XXXXXXX # stream631 # source password to the IceCast2 server
mountPoint = XXXXXXX #EMR1 # mount point of this stream on the IceCast2 server
name = Franklin County Fire/EMS Shelburne Control # name of the stream
description = Simulcast 1 # description of the stream
url = RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference # URL related to the stream
genre = Public Safety # genre of the stream
public = yes # advertise this stream?
#localDumpFile = recording.mp3 # local dump file
#fileAddDate = yes
Old 08-22-2014, 10:08 PM

Nope, I'm using the good ole B model. B+ came out a week after I received the B. I'm going to give it another shot over the weekend here using the instructions I found previously in the forums.

It's been a few years since I really USED linux command line, but it's coming back. I've gotten SSH and XLDE running every time, so confidence is building. Thanks for sharing the config.

I'm also using the January '14 release of raspian too, just for good measure.
Old 08-28-2014, 9:33 PM

Success! Turns out my $2.06 usb sound device was defective. Tried it on 2 other windows computer, not a single peep was getting in the microphone port. Got a new one today and hand it up and functional within 40 minutes from a fresh raspbian install. Now to tweak and figure out why Gmail isn't passing emails to my sms relay. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2014, 9:23 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

So my Pi rebooted as scheduled last Friday, and came up with a new "feature"... TTD now sends out audio that sounds like it's being played on fast forward. Here is a sample:

Garbled TTD from Pi on SoundCloud - Hear the world

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-30-2014, 11:19 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc2kvy View Post
So my Pi rebooted as scheduled last Friday, and came up with a new "feature"... TTD now sends out audio that sounds like it's being played on fast forward. Here is a sample:

Garbled TTD from Pi on SoundCloud - Hear the world

Anyone have any ideas?

Fastest agency I've ever heard. Sounds like the jimmy johns freaky fast delivery commercial. Lol

Check your audio levels?