RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording - Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2016, 8:04 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

ALSA lib pcm.c:2217snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround51
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm28
35.pcm.surround71.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4241_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4720snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround71
35.pcm.iec958.0:CARD=0,AES0=4,AES1=130,AES2=0,AES3 =2'
ALSA lib conf.c:4241_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4720snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM iec958
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM spdif
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM spdif
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.hdmi
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.modem
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:957snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jack server is not running or cannot be started
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect67Pi.py", line 978, in <module>
NameError: name 'audio_channel' is not defined
File "TwoToneDetect67Pi.py", line 1023, in <module>
NameError: name 'audio_channel' is not defined
Sponsored links
Old 05-24-2016, 8:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

its a pie 1b
Old 05-24-2016, 8:23 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiya View Post
its a pie 1b

Check this post:

http://forums.radioreference.com/str...ml#post2571664

Refer to base64encode.org if that is your issue.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

yes that was the issue, just for info i used gmail. user name does not include @gmail.com was my issue. I have a question about tones. Captured tones 601.6 and 670.3 but the motorola manual has 600.9 and 669.9. What should i put in config file? also i read the warnings about editing tones.cfg with nano, what are the issues with that?
Old 05-25-2016, 5:21 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
yes that was the issue, just for info i used gmail. user name does not include @gmail.com was my issue. I have a question about tones. Captured tones 601.6 and 670.3 but the motorola manual has 600.9 and 669.9. What should i put in config file? also i read the warnings about editing tones.cfg with nano, what are the issues with that?
It makes no real difference but i would use 601 and 670. If your tone tolerance is set at 1% it will be +\- 6 anyway. So TTD will consider anything between 595-607 To be a valid tone for 601, etc.

There are no issues with using nano to edit tones.cfg except that you need to be careful that you get the format perfect. The Tones Editor helps take care of the formatting for you.
Sponsored links
Old 05-29-2016, 8:15 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I have another general question regarding volume on TTD. Instructions say below 300 with squelch on and 500-600 with squelch broken. My volume is low, how high can I go?
Old 05-29-2016, 9:33 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
I have another general question regarding volume on TTD. Instructions say below 300 with squelch on and 500-600 with squelch broken. My volume is low, how high can I go?
Maximum seems to be 32,000 with audio fed in. Shoot for something in the 15-20k range
Old 05-29-2016, 8:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Volume

Using the level meter app via ssh, it peaks at 3268 volume. The volume is at 75% up at that point. if I turn the volume up anymore the meter does not increase. Is the limit on my sound card?
Old 06-01-2016, 9:15 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Two Tone Detect on RPi3 using UbuntuMATE

I have been experimenting the last couple weeks running TwoToneDetect on a Raspberry Pi3 under the UbuntuMATE operating system rather than Raspbian. So far it seems to be quite successful. It gives a much more "Windows-Like" experience including a fully functional TonesEditor.

I have put together a set of instructions on how to set this up. They may still have a few bugs in them so please be patient. Start by reading the attachment TTD_Ubuntu_Outline. Then save the two .txt attachments and transfer them to the UbuntuMATE desktop where you can copy and paste from them. The attachment titled Optional is just that, optional items that you may want to include once you get the system set up.

Thanks to aaknitt, DavidVT, and Nick223 for patiently helping me along with this. If you think that I am a Linux guru, you are badly mistaken...

Good luck to anyone who gives it a try. Please post back here your comments and questions.

Jim
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf TTD_Ubuntu_outline.pdf (382.1 KB, 293 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt TTD Ubuntu Mate.txt (283 Bytes, 164 views)
File Type: txt Optional Ubuntu.txt (1.7 KB, 156 views)

Last edited by DC31; 06-01-2016 at 9:22 PM..
Old 06-08-2016, 5:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
It gives a much more "Windows-Like" experience including a fully functional TonesEditor.

The attachment titled Optional is just that, optional items that you may want to include once you get the system set up.

Thanks to aaknitt, DavidVT, and Nick223 for patiently helping me along with this. If you think that I am a Linux guru, you are badly mistaken...

Good luck to anyone who gives it a try. Please post back here your comments and questions.

Jim
One bug has been found! The tones editor is not included in the v68.zip download from twotonedetect.net. It is included with some of the previous versions, at least with v65. So you will need to download one of the previous versions also to get the tones editor. You are looking for the toneseditor.pyc file.
Old 06-14-2016, 4:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Raspberry PI Two Tone Detect

Hello,

I have Two Tone Detect running on a Pi2 with darkice. the volume level is good now but it is very static with the MP3 that is forwarded but clear on broadcastify. Any suggestions?
Old 06-14-2016, 7:44 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffordc74 View Post
Hello,

I have Two Tone Detect running on a Pi2 with darkice. the volume level is good now but it is very static with the MP3 that is forwarded but clear on broadcastify. Any suggestions?
Can you post a link to one of those .mp3 files and also direct us to your broadcastify feed?
Old 06-15-2016, 9:05 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
One bug has been found! The tones editor is not included in the v68.zip download from twotonedetect.net. It is included with some of the previous versions, at least with v65. So you will need to download one of the previous versions also to get the tones editor. You are looking for the toneseditor.pyc file.
Fixed!

Sorry about that!

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Old 06-16-2016, 9:30 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

OK peeps...anyone have users on Sprint or T-Mobile not receiving alerts?

I have a sprint user who received the text but not the MMS with audio.

I now have T-Mobile users who just are not getting alerts.

No email rejection notices.

In my two tone config I have also added the email from and that did not solve it. The IP is not blacklisted.

If anyone has an issue like this or if I need to contact the providers??
Radios: Wouxun, Baefang, AnyTone 3318UV-D, ICOM F-221, AnyTone 5588, Moto CDM1550
Old 06-17-2016, 4:41 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot202 View Post
OK peeps...anyone have users on Sprint or T-Mobile not receiving alerts?

I have a sprint user who received the text but not the MMS with audio.

I now have T-Mobile users who just are not getting alerts.

No email rejection notices.

In my two tone config I have also added the email from and that did not solve it. The IP is not blacklisted.

If anyone has an issue like this or if I need to contact the providers??
Try sending from a different email address.
Old 06-17-2016, 5:30 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Pages not received

Good Morning,

We are experiencing similar issues here. At first I was thinking I had done something wrong with the TTD/OS configuration and that may still be true for some of the issues but I am now thinking that it does not cover all of it.

One MMS address that we send to does go to Sprint. This person will receives messages up to a day later and sometimes not at all.

Yesterday, I had a large gap of time where I was not receiving pages (I am a Verizon customer). I took a look at the files sizes sent as we are sending MP3 now but they were not too large. I say now because since switching to Ubuntu Mate, AMR attachments had not been working. Not knowing why these would not have come through as my sent box showed them as sent, I called Verizon to see if they could give me any detail from their end. They could not but they did create a trouble ticket to look into it and get back to me.

Coincidently, I started to receive pages again shortly after the call. I don't know if they did something on their end but I changed nothing on mine. They also have not called me back yet so I am in the dark so far with them.

If nothing else, I am sure this makes troubleshooting more confusing.

I hope this helps.
Old 06-17-2016, 6:10 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Try sending from a different email address.

The only caveat is that all the address are on my server but are different.

I use to use gmail but it would be delayed on gmail and I've seen the delay disappear.

I have one idea. My settings use the systems secure SMTP server which doesn't match the domain. I'm going to change it to the server mail.thatdomain.com and see if that helps rather than my.domain.com

Could be seen differently due to that. I know if I sent the user an email direct from the web account my belief was he received it.

That is worth a try. Gmail gets to delayed which I'm told is a problem within their system.

CJ
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Radios: Wouxun, Baefang, AnyTone 3318UV-D, ICOM F-221, AnyTone 5588, Moto CDM1550
Old 06-17-2016, 8:35 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonzane View Post
Good Morning,

We are experiencing similar issues here. At first I was thinking I had done something wrong with the TTD/OS configuration and that may still be true for some of the issues but I am now thinking that it does not cover all of it.

One MMS address that we send to does go to Sprint. This person will receives messages up to a day later and sometimes not at all.

Yesterday, I had a large gap of time where I was not receiving pages (I am a Verizon customer). I took a look at the files sizes sent as we are sending MP3 now but they were not too large. I say now because since switching to Ubuntu Mate, AMR attachments had not been working. Not knowing why these would not have come through as my sent box showed them as sent, I called Verizon to see if they could give me any detail from their end. They could not but they did create a trouble ticket to look into it and get back to me.

Coincidently, I started to receive pages again shortly after the call. I don't know if they did something on their end but I changed nothing on mine. They also have not called me back yet so I am in the dark so far with them.

If nothing else, I am sure this makes troubleshooting more confusing.

I hope this helps.

I read online that VzW reportedly had wide spread outages....but they were pretty mum on the details... Maybe that was your issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2016, 10:18 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default FTP for remote tones.cfg file

Does anyone know, or has anyone had luck with storing and accessing the tones.cfg file remotely via ftp. The documentation only references an http URL. I'm just wondering if it using Wget and I can utilize that whole syntax (invoking ftp usernames/passwords/FTPS that sort of thing)?

This is specifically regarding V67 on Raspberry Pi

I know in theory I could probably accomplish something similar via a cron job or some sort of script, but it would be nice to be able to do it within the config file.

Thanks!

Andrew
Old 06-22-2016, 3:51 PM

I am using Jessie on a RPi3, TTD v68. I am using the script in this post to auto start TTD. http://forums.radioreference.com/2084822-post206.html

I installed screen and everything works till it goes to convert the audio then I get the following message.
Freq: 1091.0 Level: 909.645735109
Freq: 1376.0 Level: 776.069020949
Freq: 1914.0 Level: 889.843681768
Freq: 865.0 Level: 1564.53747214
Freq: 1118.0 Level: 2011.76934405
Freq: 478.0 Level: 6.56071076227
Done recording Fire Dept 15:15:39 on 06/22/16
done writing WAV Fire Dept 15:15:39 on 06/22/16
File "TwoToneDetect68Pi.py", line 886, in alert
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 522, in call
return Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs).wait()
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
File "TwoToneDetect68Pi.py", line 542, in mail
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/Fire_Dept_2016_06_22_15_15_14.mp3'
Email not sent on attempt 1trying again in five seconds for Fire Dept page received at 15:15:14 on 06/22/16
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/Fire_Dept_2016_06_22_15_15_14.mp3'
Email not sent on attempt 2trying again in five seconds for Fire Dept page received at 15:15:14 on 06/22/16
Email not sent on attempt 3trying again in five seconds for Fire Dept page received at 15:15:14 on 06/22/16
max retries exceeded, failed to send email

If I run TTD from the terminal it converts the audio to amr and mp3 and sends it just fine. It seems to be a problem with screen and TTD.