RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording


Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording - Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #721 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2018, 8:55 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffycc View Post
TTD Installed on Pi3, OS is Raspbian Stretch.

I get the Text-Only email when my tone goes off. I do not receive any AMR or MP3 email with the tone. Is this an issue with FFMPEG?

I did the command below:

sudo apt-get install ffmpeg

After install, I had to go find the ffmpeg which I found under directory .usr/bin

Is this the correct ffmpeg?

Thanks!
Jeff
Take a look in your logfiles directory for the most recent logfile. See if it contains an error message, probably like "file not found" Copy the error message to a reply to this post and we can figure it out.

Jim
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #722 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2018, 9:08 AM
jeffycc's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Nashua NH
Posts: 35
Default

IOError: [Errno - 9997] Invalid sample rate


Thanks!
Jeff
Reply With Quote
  #723 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2018, 4:21 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffycc View Post
TTD Installed on Pi3, OS is Raspbian Stretch.

I get the Text-Only email when my tone goes off. I do not receive any AMR or MP3 email with the tone. Is this an issue with FFMPEG?

I did the command below:

sudo apt-get install ffmpeg

After install, I had to go find the ffmpeg which I found under directory .usr/bin

Is this the correct ffmpeg?

Thanks!
Jeff

http://forums.radioreference.com/str...ml#post2873175
Reply With Quote
  #724 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2018, 8:11 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Reach, NB
Posts: 20
Default

Hi All, Been running TTD on a pi for a few years now as a backup for our fire department radio dispatch, and I just updated our call out list and have run into a weird problem.
The Pi fires out a different set of texts and emails for two different tones, one set works fine, but the set that I recently updated only sends out the first text, the first AMR and the first email.
When I go in and look at the logfiles, there are no commas between the phone numbers on the tone set that is not working properly. However, there are commas present in the "tones.cfg" file, and I can see that they are being sent to the Pi
Here are the two pieces of the logfile (Names and numbers have been changed)

When the tones.cfg file is loaded:
text_emails = "Corey Smith"<5867286251@pcs.rogers.com>,"Steve Flann"<5866257310@pcs.rogers.com>,"Randy Williams"<5863542490@txt.bell.ca>

Then, when the tone is detected;
Text Group Email sent to "Corey Smith"<5867286251@pcs.rogers.com>"Steve Flann"<5866257310@pcs.rogers.com>"Randy Williams"<5863542490@txt.bell.ca>

And only Corey Smith gets the text. As I say, the other tone, with the other set of numbers works fine.
Thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #725 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2018, 2:35 AM
   
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Default

Hey y'all. I have a feeling I'm missing something really basic here.

Trying to run TTD v70 on RPi 3B with Stretch. It will not run from the command line, I'm assuming, because none of my audio devices are called pulse. I can manually start TTD from the GUI without a problem, and I have pavucontrol auto starting when the GUI starts. The problem I'm having is that everything I've tried to get TTD to start doesn't work. I assume it's because it's trying to start from the command line, which doesn't work.

How the heck do I auto start the v70 executable in the GUI? It's probably something obvious and I'm just too tired to see it or find it in this thread.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #726 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2018, 4:57 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longreacher View Post
Hi All, Been running TTD on a pi for a few years now as a backup for our fire department radio dispatch, and I just updated our call out list and have run into a weird problem.
The Pi fires out a different set of texts and emails for two different tones, one set works fine, but the set that I recently updated only sends out the first text, the first AMR and the first email.
When I go in and look at the logfiles, there are no commas between the phone numbers on the tone set that is not working properly. However, there are commas present in the "tones.cfg" file, and I can see that they are being sent to the Pi
Here are the two pieces of the logfile (Names and numbers have been changed)

When the tones.cfg file is loaded:
text_emails = "Corey Smith"<5867286251@pcs.rogers.com>,"Steve Flann"<5866257310@pcs.rogers.com>,"Randy Williams"<5863542490@txt.bell.ca>

Then, when the tone is detected;
Text Group Email sent to "Corey Smith"<5867286251@pcs.rogers.com>"Steve Flann"<5866257310@pcs.rogers.com>"Randy Williams"<5863542490@txt.bell.ca>

And only Corey Smith gets the text. As I say, the other tone, with the other set of numbers works fine.
Thoughts?
I ran into a similar problem once. Mine turned out to be related to the fact that there are actually two types of double quotes in the computer world; straight quotes as yours above appear to be, and curly quotes where the beginning and ending quotes are different. I had to figure out how to make my Mac keyboard always use straight quotes. Maybe there is more than one type of comma?

Copy both lines to a plain text editor and look closely at all the characters to see if you can detect a difference. Maybe simply copying them back to TTD from the plain text editor will fix the issue?

Jim
Reply With Quote
  #727 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2018, 7:47 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispepnam View Post
Hey y'all. I have a feeling I'm missing something really basic here.


How the heck do I auto start the v70 executable in the GUI? .
I don't know that I can directly answer your question. All that I can do is to tell you how I do it. I am no linux guru, so it may not be the best or most accepted method. But, it works.


Navigate to your /home/pi/.config/autostart directory from the command line. If the directory doesn't exist, create it.

Then at the command line in that directory type:

sudo wget http://twotonedetect.net/burnham/Two...Detect.desktop

That will put a file in that directory called TwoToneDetect.desktop. This will execute when the GUI starts.

Open that file using the nano text editor (sudo nano TwoToneDetect.desktop) and modify the Exec= line putting in the command that you use to start TTD from the command line.

Regarding starting it from the command line, try going into your config.cfg file and set the input device index to 0 (zero). It wants to look for the "default" device rather than "pulse". This was a Stretch change.

This all comes with no warrantee expressed or implied!

Jim
Reply With Quote
  #728 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2018, 3:47 PM
   
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
I don't know that I can directly answer your question. All that I can do is to tell you how I do it. I am no linux guru, so it may not be the best or most accepted method. But, it works.


Navigate to your /home/pi/.config/autostart directory from the command line. If the directory doesn't exist, create it.

Then at the command line in that directory type:

sudo wget http://twotonedetect.net/burnham/Two...Detect.desktop

That will put a file in that directory called TwoToneDetect.desktop. This will execute when the GUI starts.

Open that file using the nano text editor (sudo nano TwoToneDetect.desktop) and modify the Exec= line putting in the command that you use to start TTD from the command line.

Regarding starting it from the command line, try going into your config.cfg file and set the input device index to 0 (zero). It wants to look for the "default" device rather than "pulse". This was a Stretch change.

This all comes with no warrantee expressed or implied!

Jim
Thanks Jim; still no dice though. I tried pointing TwoToneDetect.desktop the the executable, it didn't work. I downloaded the non-pi version and pointed it to the .pyc, it didn't work. I removed the sh script and delay entirely, it still didn't work.

I'm going to roll back to Jessie and v69 and try to get things working.
Reply With Quote
  #729 (permalink)  
Old 03-13-2018, 4:12 PM
   
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Default

I got it working now. I used the Ubuntu image DC31 provided in July 2016. It detects tones, records, fires off emails, and activates my python scripts that are controlling things over GPIO.

Now I just need to get an RTL-SDR piped into TTD and I'll have the tiny package I'm looking for.
Reply With Quote
  #730 (permalink)  
Old 03-13-2018, 4:48 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispepnam View Post
I got it working now. I used the Ubuntu image DC31 provided in July 2016. It detects tones, records, fires off emails, and activates my python scripts that are controlling things over GPIO.

Now I just need to get an RTL-SDR piped into TTD and I'll have the tiny package I'm looking for.
Keep us posted on how you do on the RTL-SDR part. I have spent countless hours/days/months working on that trying to use the rtl-sdr as a source for TTD. While I have made it work, it is nothing that has stayed working for very long.

There is a lot of detail in this forum thread that you might not find due to its title:

https://forums.radioreference.com/st...g-rtl-sdr.html

There is a LOT to read through but it clears up some of the squelch and various forks of RTL-SDR variables that you will need to work through. One of the challenges is that rtl-sdr outputs audio to stdout, not to a sound card.

To get the basics of sdr on the pi you may want to experiment first with GQRX to get a handle on some of its workings in a GUI environment.

Gqrx SDR for the Raspberry Pi – Gqrx SDR

I tried running GQRX and inputing it into TTD just last night. GQRX itself requires about 75% CPU. Running both of them caused crashes.
Reply With Quote
  #731 (permalink)  
Old 03-13-2018, 5:01 PM
   
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
Keep us posted on how you do on the RTL-SDR part. I have spent countless hours/days/months working on that trying to use the rtl-sdr as a source for TTD. While I have made it work, it is nothing that has stayed working for very long.

There is a lot of detail in this forum thread that you might not find due to its title:

https://forums.radioreference.com/st...g-rtl-sdr.html

There is a LOT to read through but it clears up some of the squelch and various forks of RTL-SDR variables that you will need to work through. One of the challenges is that rtl-sdr outputs audio to stdout, not to a sound card.

To get the basics of sdr on the pi you may want to experiment first with GQRX to get a handle on some of its workings in a GUI environment.

Gqrx SDR for the Raspberry Pi Ė Gqrx SDR

I tried running GQRX and inputing it into TTD just last night. GQRX itself requires about 75% CPU. Running both of them caused crashes.
My plan (right now) is to use RTL_FM from the command line. It *should* be able to pipe raw audio to TTD without too much hassle. I've gotten RTL_FM working in Jessie for a different project, and it doesn't need too much CPU, but I'm not sure how Ubuntu is going to like it. Hopefully, like Jessie, the SDR just needs some drivers installed and others blacklisted to make it work.

I'll give an update if I get it figured out.
Reply With Quote
  #732 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2018, 8:29 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Westport Island, ME
Posts: 11
Default I could use some help with TwoToneDectect on Raspberry PI

I am attempting to run TwoToneDetect in a headless config.

It seems to me that I am having an issue with ffmpeg. It would also be nice to be able to cleanup the ALSA errors. Any pointers on how to fix my issue or cleanup the startup would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance -Jason

In the startup script I have this set (I also ran this before I started it in this test).
export PULSE_SOURCE=alsa_input.usb-C-Media_Electronics_Inc._USB_Audio_Device-00.analog-mono
export PULSE_SINK=alsa_output.usb-1130_USB_AUDIO-00.iec958-stereo

echo pacmd "set-default-source alsa_input.usb-C-Media_Electronics_Inc._USB_Audio_Device-00.analog-mono"
pacmd "set-default-source alsa_input.usb-C-Media_Electronics_Inc._USB_Audio_Device-00.analog-mono"

echo pacmd "set-default-sink alsa_output.usb-1130_USB_AUDIO-00.iec958-stereo"
pacmd "set-default-sink alsa_output.usb-1130_USB_AUDIO-00.iec958-stereo"

./TwoToneDetect70
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.front.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4528_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5007snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM front
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1281snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.bcm2835.pcm.surround51.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4528_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:5007snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround21

(DELETED content in the attached .txt file PHPBB isn't letting me add it to the post)
(DELETED content in the attached .txt file PHPBB isn't letting me add it to the post)
(DELETED content in the attached .txt file PHPBB isn't letting me add it to the post)


ALSA lib pcm.c:2495snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline
connect(2) call to jackdmp 1.9.11/jack-1000/default/jack_0 failed (err=No such file or directory)
attempt to connect to server failed
333.0 83.8475308849
1597.0 27544.0785684
1597.0 27662.6686112
1597.0 27573.8397111
1597.0 27623.6602665
1597.0 27715.621431
709.0 27734.1894807
709.0 27634.3180244
709.0 27554.8656511
709.0 27656.6093917
709.0 27828.8299259
709.0 27726.759386
704.0 27741.2696513
704.0 27420.3042394
704.0 27668.7594121
704.0 27476.1988409
704.0 27702.4117303
704.0 27697.2296668
704.0 27712.4056154
704.0 27651.4991278
704.0 27449.3701473
WESTPORT VFD Tone Set Found

0
after record
delay timer WESTPORT VFD 19:59:50 on 03/23/18
1.0
delay done WESTPORT VFD 19:59:51 on 03/23/18
waiting for audio WESTPORT VFD 19:59:51 on 03/23/18
threshold value: 45
mono
704.0 27741.4906057
704.0 27728.1981708
333.0 944.999488055
596.0 845.608780562
306.0 934.843035639
478.0 931.187865716
349.0 4001.18675905
threshold exceeded
recording audio WESTPORT VFD 19:59:51 on 03/23/18
iterations: 600
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect70.py", line 716, in alert
File "dist-packages/pyaudio.py", line 577, in write
File "dist-packages/pyaudio.py", line 577, in write
IOError: [Errno Not output stream] -9974
505.0 14275.8662322
301.0 3509.69838435
ffmpeg version 3.2.10-1~deb9u1+rpt1 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
built with gcc 6.3.0 (Raspbian 6.3.0-18+rpi1) 20170516
configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version='1~deb9u1+rpt1' --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --incdir=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libebur128 --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librubberband --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-omx-rpi --enable-mmal --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencv --enable-libx264 --enable-shared
WARNING: library configuration mismatch
avcodec configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version='1~deb9u1+rpt1' --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --incdir=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libebur128 --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librubberband --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-omx-rpi --enable-mmal --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencv --enable-libx264 --enable-shared --enable-version3 --disable-doc --disable-programs --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libtesseract --enable-libvo_amrwbenc --enable-netcdf
libavutil 55. 34.101 / 55. 34.101
libavcodec 57. 64.101 / 57. 64.101
libavformat 57. 56.101 / 57. 56.101
libavdevice 57. 1.100 / 57. 1.100
libavfilter 6. 65.100 / 6. 65.100
libavresample 3. 1. 0 / 3. 1. 0
libswscale 4. 2.100 / 4. 2.100
libswresample 2. 3.100 / 2. 3.100
libpostproc 54. 1.100 / 54. 1.100
./audio/WESTPORT_VFD_2018_03_23_19_59_50.wav: No such file or directory
done converting to MP3 WESTPORT VFD 19:59:52 on 03/23/18
360.0 2649.1768129
306.0 1351.7562429
ffmpeg version 3.2.10-1~deb9u1+rpt1 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
built with gcc 6.3.0 (Raspbian 6.3.0-18+rpi1) 20170516
configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version='1~deb9u1+rpt1' --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --incdir=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libebur128 --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librubberband --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-omx-rpi --enable-mmal --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencv --enable-libx264 --enable-shared
WARNING: library configuration mismatch
avcodec configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version='1~deb9u1+rpt1' --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --incdir=/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libebur128 --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librubberband --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-omx-rpi --enable-mmal --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencv --enable-libx264 --enable-shared --enable-version3 --disable-doc --disable-programs --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libtesseract --enable-libvo_amrwbenc --enable-netcdf
libavutil 55. 34.101 / 55. 34.101
libavcodec 57. 64.101 / 57. 64.101
libavformat 57. 56.101 / 57. 56.101
libavdevice 57. 1.100 / 57. 1.100
libavfilter 6. 65.100 / 6. 65.100
libavresample 3. 1. 0 / 3. 1. 0
libswscale 4. 2.100 / 4. 2.100
libswresample 2. 3.100 / 2. 3.100
libpostproc 54. 1.100 / 54. 1.100
./audio/WESTPORT_VFD_2018_03_23_19_59_50.wav: No such file or directory
done converting to AMR WESTPORT VFD 19:59:52 on 03/23/18
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TTD70.py", line 61, in mail
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/WESTPORT_VFD_2018_03_23_19_59_50.mp3'
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 1 trying again in five seconds for WESTPORT VFD Page Received at 19:59:50 on 03/23/18
543.0 3251.52895654
360.0 997.149913044
2548.0 17878.8315314
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TTD70.py", line 61, in mail
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/WESTPORT_VFD_2018_03_23_19_59_50.mp3'
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 2 trying again in five seconds for WESTPORT VFD Page Received at 19:59:50 on 03/23/18
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TTD70.py", line 61, in mail
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/WESTPORT_VFD_2018_03_23_19_59_50.mp3'
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 3 trying again in five seconds for WESTPORT VFD Page Received at 19:59:50 on 03/23/18
max retries exceeded, failed to send email
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect70.py", line 976, in alert
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/WESTPORT_VFD_2018_03_23_19_59_50.wav'


As for the access to sending e-mail the port is open:
pi@pi3:~/TTD $ telnet smtp.gmail.com 587
Trying 173.194.208.108...
Connected to gmail-smtp-msa.l.google.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 smtp.gmail.com ESMTP r9sm1498581qtm.75 - gsmtp
^]
telnet> quit
Connection closed.
Attached Files
File Type: txt TTD-ERRORS.txt (18.9 KB, 41 views)
Reply With Quote
  #733 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2018, 5:01 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 955
Default

K1jak,

I think you want to focus your attention on this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect70.py", line 716, in alert
File "dist-packages/pyaudio.py", line 577, in write
File "dist-packages/pyaudio.py", line 577, in write
IOError: [Errno Not output stream] -9974

All the other error messages are either normal or as a result of this error.

Does TTD run properly if you don’t set the pulse source/sink? It should find the card unless you have multiple sound cards installed.

As for the long list of alsa errors, those are related to the features of the sound card that TTD doesn’t use. The more complex the card the longer the list. We are not looking for Dolby Surround Sound only simple mono audio. In my opinion, the cheaper the sound card the better.
Reply With Quote
  #734 (permalink)  
Old 03-27-2018, 8:44 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Westport Island, ME
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC31 View Post
K1jak,

I think you want to focus your attention on this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect70.py", line 716, in alert
File "dist-packages/pyaudio.py", line 577, in write
File "dist-packages/pyaudio.py", line 577, in write
IOError: [Errno Not output stream] -9974

All the other error messages are either normal or as a result of this error.

Does TTD run properly if you donít set the pulse source/sink? It should find the card unless you have multiple sound cards installed.

As for the long list of alsa errors, those are related to the features of the sound card that TTD doesnít use. The more complex the card the longer the list. We are not looking for Dolby Surround Sound only simple mono audio. In my opinion, the cheaper the sound card the better.
It looks like the issue was that I took someones tones.cfg that was built on Windows.

They had mp3_Emails=
Changing it to: mp3_emails looks to be the fix.


Now I am just getting two sets of SMS for each call.
Reply With Quote
  #735 (permalink)  
Old 03-29-2018, 9:07 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Westport Island, ME
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1jak View Post
It looks like the issue was that I took someones tones.cfg that was built on Windows.

They had mp3_Emails=
Changing it to: mp3_emails looks to be the fix.


Now I am just getting two sets of SMS for each call.
Correction it wasn't the mp3_Emails=

When debugging I did additional cleanup I had removed:
playback_during_record = 1

I went to the station to setup pushbullet and added the playback_during_record back in and it stopped working again.

I removed it and I was then working again.

My next issue probably needs to go to another thread but TTD is uploading to the pushbullet correctly but pushbullet isn't proving any notification on IOS or Android. Any thoughts on where I should take my pushbullet question?
Thanks -Jason
Reply With Quote
  #736 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2018, 10:50 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8
Default Audio Issues

So I have this up on running on a raspberry PI and can see audio coming into the sound card via the pulse audio GUI, but do not see this registering in the TTD GUI....any idea what I am missing here?
Reply With Quote
  #737 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2018, 11:01 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdpearce View Post
So I have this up on running on a raspberry PI and can see audio coming into the sound card via the pulse audio GUI, but do not see this registering in the TTD GUI....any idea what I am missing here?
1. Make sure that you have the input device set to default and the output to the pi sound card.

2. In PAVucontrol go to the Recording Tab. Make sure that you have the USB sound card selected.

3. Again in the Recording Tab, make sure that you donít have it muted.

4. Adjust the slider in the TTD window.


Jim
Attached Images
  
Reply With Quote
  #738 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2018, 4:07 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8
Default

Thanks DC31, that fixed that issue. That works great....now, next issue:

I am trying to have this autostart Pulse and TTD in terminal on startup with the following:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Terminal autostart
Comment=Start a terminal and list directory
Exec=/usr/bin/lxterm -e 'ls -l | /usr/share/applications/pavucontrol.desktop'
Exec=/usr/bin/lxterm -e 'ls -l | /home/pi/TTD/TwoToneDetect70'

That works and both programs run. TTD appears to be "listening" and can see the audio in the GUI. However, when I send test tones it does not detect them.

When I open a terminal and start the program with /home/pi/TTD/TwoToneDetect70, it seems to work, but will not detect my tones.

When I double click on TwoToneDetect70 in the /home/pi/TTD directory and choose "Execute In Terminal", it works perfectly and detects my tones and sends the email as desired....

I'm at a loss with this one.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #739 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2018, 4:35 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8
Default

it seems I may need to run this x-terminal-emulator, perhaps?
Reply With Quote
  #740 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2018, 4:40 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8
Default

I tried to manually start it from the x-terminal-emulator and it wouldn't detect my tones either, the only time I can get this to detect my tones is when I double click TwoToneDetect70 in the directory and choose "Execute In Terminal"

Edit: The program does detect my tones when I double click and choose "Execute"

EDit #2: if I open a terminal and type cd TTD then /home/pi/TTD/TwoToneDetect70, it works fine

Last edited by tdpearce; 03-31-2018 at 5:38 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions