Transfering ProScan configuration to another PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
I am using ProScan (paid version) to stream a 996t and 996xt on a Dell running Windows XP SP3. I now want to move everything to a different PC. I have spent a lot of time configuring ProScan to exactly where I need it to be. Is there an easy way (using flash drive for instance) to copy those files over to the new pc and keep the same ProScan settings. (I know..you are thinking how lazy I am)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am using ProScan (paid version) to stream a 996t and 996xt on a Dell running Windows XP SP3. I now want to move everything to a different PC. I have spent a lot of time configuring ProScan to exactly where I need it to be. Is there an easy way (using flash drive for instance) to copy those files over to the new pc and keep the same ProScan settings. (I know..you are thinking how lazy I am)

You listed two scanners so I take it that you have two instances of ProScan running. Copy both folders to a flash drive then copy the flash drive folders to a different computer. The computer has to have the Microsoft dot net 2.0 installed for ProScan to run. The configuration file is ProScan.cfg.

If you don't attend to use the old computer for ProScan then go to the Tools menu and click on "Remove Activation". On the target computer, go to the Tools menu and click on "Enter Registration Key".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.