Software to remove gaps of no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

optize

RadioReference was going to have a premium service to automatically remove gaps of no audio for broadcasters, sadly that's no longer going to happen.

I'd still like to do something like that for my own benefit though. It's silly to listen to 12 hours of audio while only 2 hours of it is actual talking.

Does anyone know of any software that can parse a wav file and remove the gaps of no audio?

aaknitt

Feed Provider
RadioReference was going to have a premium service to automatically remove gaps of no audio for broadcasters, sadly that's no longer going to happen.

I'd still like to do something like that for my own benefit though. It's silly to listen to 12 hours of audio while only 2 hours of it is actual talking.

Does anyone know of any software that can parse a wav file and remove the gaps of no audio?

Audacity can do it. Look for "Truncate Silence" in the Effects menu.

SCPD

QRT

Where did you hear that the feature to remove gaps won't be coming?

kb8zxe

I am working on a web-site that will do this to MP3's. Right now I have something that sorta works but it has issues. I am working with a friend who knows PHP a lot better than me. Once I get it working I will post it for anyone who wants to play with it and check it out.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Or you just don't record the audio. I use proscan only records when my scanner is active.

kb8zxe

This is something that I have been wanting to do for a while. I finally started the PHP code and my friend helped my polish it up.

http://kb8zxe.homelinux.net:81/audio

It is a Raspberry PI powered server that among a bunch of other things will remove silence form mp3s. Feel free to try it out. It isn't super powerful but does seem to be stable now.

Status
Not open for further replies.