RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Computer Aided Monitoring and Programming > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording - Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2016, 12:34 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I have a pro-96 with serial adapter and was wondering how you got it to work.
Sponsored links
Old 08-18-2016, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcarter333 View Post
I have a Pro-197 that I am testing your script on. It appears to be working, but I am wondering what else you have done with it? I simply want to add the Alpha tags to an private feed.

Thanks!
I haven't done much else with it. I did make a few updates from the time i posted my code. I added a few spots for error handling. For example if you unplug it, the script will not quit, it will try to continue reading from the port even though its not hooked up. Once it is plugged back in it will pick back up again. This is good for intermittent communication issues.

In terms of a private feed, i have not set one of those up. I think you can set one up with icecast and then you just enter your own private credentials, but sorry i don't have more specifics! If anyone is interested in my most recent code i can upload that again.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazard78 View Post
I have a pro-96 with serial adapter and was wondering how you got it to work.
I don't think this would work for the pro-96. Same reasoning that the programming software for the PRO-651/PRO-652/PRO-106/PRO-197 and GRE PSR-500 / PSR-600 and Whistler WS1040/WS1060 doesn't work for the pro-96. It just uses different serial communication code.

So theoretically my code would work on the PRO-651, PRO-652, PRO-106, PRO-197, GRE PSR-500, PSR-600 and Whistler WS1040/WS1060 because they are all essentially the same scanner. You can use Arc500 to program all of these scanners as their serial communication is the same.
Old 08-20-2016, 1:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121940kz View Post
I haven't done much else with it. I did make a few updates from the time i posted my code. I added a few spots for error handling. For example if you unplug it, the script will not quit, it will try to continue reading from the port even though its not hooked up. Once it is plugged back in it will pick back up again. This is good for intermittent communication issues.

In terms of a private feed, i have not set one of those up. I think you can set one up with icecast and then you just enter your own private credentials, but sorry i don't have more specifics! If anyone is interested in my most recent code i can upload that again.
I would love to get your latest code. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2017, 12:52 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Rpi3 & Alpha Tags Help Needed

Seeking assistance adding Alpha Tags to RPi-3 set up. Have Uniden BCT15x scanner and the USB to Scanner interface cable left over from using Pro-Scan. TeamViewer 12 available. Thank you in advance!
Sponsored links
Old 01-08-2017, 8:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

^ should be no problem with that scanner. I am using the Trendnet TU-S9 serial to USB with good results. I sent you a PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:53 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I have a 996p2 and using the front usb port but its not very stable the metadata comes and goes. Can you use the back serial port plugged into the pi with a serial cable to run the metadata?

Or might there be a more stable way to get a 996p2 to run metadata on a raspberry pi
Old 05-24-2017, 11:38 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick223 View Post
I have a 996p2 and using the front usb port but its not very stable the metadata comes and goes. Can you use the back serial port plugged into the pi with a serial cable to run the metadata?

Or might there be a more stable way to get a 996p2 to run metadata on a raspberry pi
Hi. Yes you can use the back serial port. Since it is set up to accept a GPS connection, you'll need to add a null modem to your cable. I've used the back port quite a bit and have had good connection success. I have the serial cable connected to the scanner, a null modem connected to the cable, serial to USB adapter connected to the null modem, then the adapter connected to the Raspberry Pi. Another benefit of the back port is it helps to hide the cables by routing them behind the scanner.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:46 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrasmussen View Post
Hi. Yes you can use the back serial port. Since it is set up to accept a GPS connection, you'll need to add a null modem to your cable. I've used the back port quite a bit and have had good connection success. I have the serial cable connected to the scanner, a null modem connected to the cable, serial to USB adapter connected to the null modem, then the adapter connected to the Raspberry Pi. Another benefit of the back port is it helps to hide the cables by routing them behind the scanner.
i do i have female serial cable to fit in the gps/serial port on back with out having to use the adapters.
Would the port stay the same though in the settings or would it stay ttyusb0
Old 05-25-2017, 12:06 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Listed port in the Raspberry Pi should stay the same - ttyusb0
Old 05-25-2017, 6:41 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Using Python to Update Icecast Scanner Audio Feeds with a Raspberry Pi

Your program works so great but uniden 996p2 scanner are not stable at all is it because it uses a mini usb port? My scripts are running on my pi and it shows no errors or anything, when you run them it just sits there blank.

Sometimes they do start up for a few days then they stop working for awhile. It's hit in miss when they work. It could go months not working.

im at a lose with the 996p2 scanner

Last edited by nick223; 05-25-2017 at 7:18 PM..
Old 05-31-2017, 2:12 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Interesting. Looks like the serial connection is not consistent. I'm guessing it's not the USB cable. There could be a different format in the data stream from the scanner. (If you've never had it decode any metadata, this is probably the case.)

I'll see if I can dig into the documentation and find out what data is being sent.
Old 06-01-2017, 8:27 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrasmussen View Post
Interesting. Looks like the serial connection is not consistent. I'm guessing it's not the USB cable. There could be a different format in the data stream from the scanner. (If you've never had it decode any metadata, this is probably the case.)

I'll see if I can dig into the documentation and find out what data is being sent.
Thanks!!
Old 11-14-2017, 4:36 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

hi, thanks for the script, i have it almost working perfect, my problem is my scanner feed is delayed but meta data has almost no delay, do you have a way to delay the data so everything is in sync?
thanks

Tags
alpha tag, icecast, python, raspberry pi