How do we get away with the violations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AF0DJ

Premium Subscriber
I recently got involved with a violation of the comm act of 1934 by quoting to someone what i heard on a scanner. How is it that we can normally get away with blowing off that act. The act SEEMS to be pretty straightfoward in that if we hear it, we can't "publish" it or repeat it? If someone want's to look it up and advise me, here is the area in which to look; (Google it)

Communications Act of 1934
SEC. 705. [47 U.S.C. 605] UNAUTHORIZED PUBLICATION OF COMMUNICATIONS.
(a)

------------
The fines listed seem pretty rough.:confused:

Dave J
N0GMP

sphipps

Can you give more details of what happened? Did you receive a warning letter or something similar?

If they've instructed you not to discuss details... I understand.

I didn't think the FCC "cracked" down anymore unless it involved something very serious and ongoing.

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I recently got involved with a violation of the comm act of 1934 by quoting to someone what i heard on a scanner. How is it that we can normally get away with blowing off that act. The act SEEMS to be pretty straightfoward in that if we hear it, we can't "publish" it or repeat it? If someone want's to look it up and advise me, here is the area in which to look; (Google it)

Communications Act of 1934
SEC. 705. [47 U.S.C. 605] UNAUTHORIZED PUBLICATION OF COMMUNICATIONS.
(a)

------------
The fines listed seem pretty rough.:confused:

Dave J
N0GMP

The "Communications Act of 1934" is an old law which was amended by the "Telecommunications Act of 1996".

I don't know how you can violate a law that no longer exists.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.