TwoToneDetect(v.0.61) Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathon6017

Hello Everybody, I was wondering if you could help me decipher what the heck is up with my installation. I have played with this thing on three different machines with the scanner being in three different areas and I could not get it to work. I tested all these machines out by playing the correct tones over FRS channels and allowing the scanner to listen in on that. Every time I did that, it ran fine and picked up tones perfectly. However when switching over to the main channel our Department uses for Dispatch, I ran into issues. The first machine I tested, I had the radio in a location that wasn't allowing it to pickup very well so that was part of the issue. However one thing I noted was that the audio levels are not really high like they are on the other two machines. On the second machine, I had high audio input levels and it wouldn't pick up any tones. I wondered if it was the radio but I left the scanner unplugged for multiple days and it picked up just fine. It's just that the computer doesn't detect the tones for some reason. On the second machine that I installed it on, the same issue happened; good location, scanner listens well, but no detecting. I attached links to show what I was talking about with the audio levels. I also attached Google Drive links to my log file and my Tones.cfg(NOTE: I removed email info for privacy concerns)

Radio Scanner Test (Two Two Detect Version 61) - YouTube
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12L2rqBw_hpQJ5ga2ArG1vJ1aYRmHGyWponbJC4flC7Y/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8d1Ix3fDtIjU3pFa2dtUXg0bVE/edit?usp=sharing

aaknitt

Feed Provider
Hello Everybody, I was wondering if you could help me decipher what the heck is up with my installation. I have played with this thing on three different machines with the scanner being in three different areas and I could not get it to work. I tested all these machines out by playing the correct tones over FRS channels and allowing the scanner to listen in on that. Every time I did that, it ran fine and picked up tones perfectly. However when switching over to the main channel our Department uses for Dispatch, I ran into issues. The first machine I tested, I had the radio in a location that wasn't allowing it to pickup very well so that was part of the issue. However one thing I noted was that the audio levels are not really high like they are on the other two machines. On the second machine, I had high audio input levels and it wouldn't pick up any tones. I wondered if it was the radio but I left the scanner unplugged for multiple days and it picked up just fine. It's just that the computer doesn't detect the tones for some reason. On the second machine that I installed it on, the same issue happened; good location, scanner listens well, but no detecting. I attached links to show what I was talking about with the audio levels. I also attached Google Drive links to my log file and my Tones.cfg(NOTE: I removed email info for privacy concerns)

Instead of using the Microsoft Sound Mapper as your input device, try selecting the actual hardware that you have the scanner plugged into and see if that helps. After selecting it, close and restart the program.

Andy

gmbaker13

Feed Provider
your sound card may be the problem try changing your tone settings +/_ 3HZ and try it. I had the same problem you may have to go as much as 5hz. all sound cards are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.